253 is out! Reinforced has arrived. Discuss! (civily)

12346»

Comments

• JavertJavert Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15954Members
    I for one would also like to thank UWE for everything they're doing, including the update, free weekend so that people can try the game, and the voluntary reinforced program.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    coolitic wrote: »
    All I can say is thank you UWE for the FREE content. I can see you've put a lot of effort in and I know from previous patching that any big errors that have appeared will be solved fast.

one way to thank them is by donating to them.

Umm... I have already (now and Constellation).
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I'm really curious on why so many people have problems with mouse lag or performance loss.
    I don't have either of them.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    Personally I think the recent updates were poorly implemented and made just for the sake of making a deadline. Other builds were so much better - while mechanics were changed, performance only got better.

I was once impressed by UWE's efforts but the recent updates have made me really change my mind.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    All I can say is thank you UWE for the FREE content. I can see you've put a lot of effort in and I know from previous patching that any big errors that have appeared will be solved fast.

Nothing is free, we all paid our money for a product. A supposedly finished/refined product. Now UWE could have just released and been done, and I thank them for not doing that as the original product was clearly unfinished/unrefined. If it were finished/refined we wouldn't need updates. We also paid UWE because we were promised these "free" updates. In addition now they wish for us to donate more money to continue these updates... Now I'll donate money as soon as I get paid and can actually play the game again crash free, but just to drive home the point more... These updates are not free, we did pay for them either when we purchased the game or now with donations.
  • WALEAKWALEAK Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187512Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I dislike the new alien vision completely. Dual rail exos are cool.
  • OkxydOkxyd Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143981Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013

Nothing is free, we all paid our money for a product. A supposedly finished/refined product. Now UWE could have just released and been done, and I thank them for not doing that as the original product was clearly unfinished/unrefined. If it were finished/refined we wouldn't need updates. We also paid UWE because we were promised these "free" updates. In addition now they wish for us to donate more money to continue these updates... Now I'll donate money as soon as I get paid and can actually play the game again crash free, but just to drive home the point more... These updates are not free, we did pay for them either when we purchased the game or now with donations.
    We can argue about it all thread long, the fact is: the refined game status is only UWE will, if tomorrow they say "Okay guys, now NS2 is officialy finished, deal with it" you can whine but they promise you nothing more, you have your game, all the initial features, you can play it, fin. It's just about ethics and I don't consider that natural like you do, just look at the rest of the industry: who does same thing ? Valve, TWI, Mojang, and maybe few other, other 99% just ask you money for the most insignificant add of content.

After that I agree that the timing was not very clever (because it can make some people feel a bit "guilty") but it is honest, far more honest than DICE with his broken netcode and his 70$ of DLC or Splash Damage and his scandalous optimization never fixed. And these games were sold 50 bucks, not 22.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Okxyd No I agree with you! I love UWE for what they're doing by supporting their product. I understand that they could drop this at any time, and I wouldn't be playing ns2 if I didn't believe that they're worth it. Hell I wouldn't be on this forum trying to make this game better if I didn't think UWE would be able to do it. I'm only upset with UWE because I expected better of them, because I know they can do it. I like many people were unhappy not because I was ungrateful, but because we know they could be/do better. I've played ns2 for more hours than any other game combined. I would have paid $100 for the game if I knew how much fun I'd get out of it, which is why as soon as I get the money I'll be doing just that. All I was saying is nothing is free, we gave them our money in not only buying their product but donations as well... We then have a hope that the money doesn't go to waste... Call it an investment if you will. We've all invested in this company and this product (hours and money) we have every right to be unhappy if we see it going in the wrong direction or see it unsuccessful because of mistakes.
  • TrustMeImADentistTrustMeImADentist Join Date: 2013-04-27 Member: 185014Members
    turning shadows off will improve your performance. I had them on before the patch but now my fps dips into the 30s. turning them off helped
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    turning shadows off will improve your performance. I had them on before the patch but now my fps dips into the 30s. turning them off helped

This is especially true on Biodome; it's a lot better than it used to be but there's still a few spots where shadows do pretty ugly things to FPS. More improvements to follow!
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    Most of the changes are nice, biodom looks very good. Marine jump is a bit ridiculous, alien vision is bad. Otherwise my game crashed both games I played, that's a bit annoying.