253 is out! Reinforced has arrived. Discuss! (civily)

Comments

• OracOrac Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187124Members
    Biodome is gorgeous and alien vision is bearable. Good work UWE. :D
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    Desther wrote: »
    How many megs is this update?

358.5 MB.
  • SPAAAARTAAAASPAAAARTAAAA Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187133Members
    Coming out from exo in gorge tunnel - *stand by* exo invulnerable to gorge tunnel armor damage
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I too am having large fps problems whenever i attempt to engage marines as alien. I drop to 5fps from 80ish, and experience microstutter throughout the rest of my gameplay.

PSA FOR ALL THE PSAS
    : if you are having mouse issues, toggle both your raw input and mouse acceleration settings, applying the settings after each toggle, it would resolve them. It did for me.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Loke wrote: »
    Desther wrote: »
    How many megs is this update?

358.5 MB.

thanks

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    jewbear wrote: »
    So is the stats website ns2stats.com or is UWE going with their own stats system?

uh.. there is 'something' but I don't know if I'd have to get approval to say anything, ask rant though
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    i'm glad he's working with UWE
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    Performance feels like we're back in beta, fps says one thing but stuttering and mouse movement say another, needs a quick fix asap.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Electr0 wrote: »
    Performance feels like we're back in beta, fps says one thing but stuttering and mouse movement say another, needs a quick fix asap.

unfortunately, i think that was the quick fix.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    I believe it's mostly the input lag. Game is currently unplayable with it. Even the menus lag (try moving the mouse over the server browser) :p

But fps aren't to high as well, so there might be something else.
  • GroverGrover Join Date: 2012-04-05 Member: 149990Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Minor issue: spawned inside a command chair like structure in Turbine at the start of the game. I could move around a little in the confined space but that was all, there was no way out. I was not the commander nor was I in the chair before the game started. The person that was in the real command chair was just functioning fine.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    They just threw in a load of different renderers. Patience people.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Awesome, hope we'll get a bugfix patch soon :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Just so everyone knows the mouse input issues are being looked into / hunted down with a shotgun.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows the mouse input issues are being looked into / hunted down with a shotgun.

I hope Charlie dropped some catalyst packs.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited August 2013
    Anyone got a link to the new Linux server setup instructions?

The Wiki has not been updated yet :(

http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Dedicated_Server page
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ellnic wrote: »
    I am gunna miss NS2. Since the update I can no longer play NS2 for longer then 10 mins with out it crashing. After investing hundreds of hours into a game I love so much, today It has become unplayable for me. What ever you did UWE, what ever it was, please fix it and sort it out!!!! I am literally lost with out it. I dont know what to do.

This is a quote from a diffrent thread. as you can see, this pretty much sums up my feelings of the update. Really, what did you guys do to make it so game breaking for me?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I am gunna miss NS2. Since the update I can no longer play NS2 for longer then 10 mins with out it crashing. After investing hundreds of hours into a game I love so much, today It has become unplayable for me. What ever you did UWE, what ever it was, please fix it and sort it out!!!! I am literally lost with out it. I dont know what to do.

This is a quote from a diffrent thread. as you can see, this pretty much sums up my feelings of the update. Really, what did you guys do to make it so game breaking for me?

You might want to give them some more information, so they can actually answer your question ;).
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bicsum wrote: »

You might want to give them some more information, so they can actually answer your question ;).

Well the crashes happen randomly, somewhere between 5-10 mins. I cant say much more than that.
    My computer specs are:
    Processer ADM Phenom(tm) II x4 960T 3.00 GHz
    4.00 GB RAM 32 bit (OS - windows 7)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lerks bite is pretty fast. why did they channge that? lerk is very powerful now
  • giogio Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155618Members
    edited August 2013
    Biodome is pretty. Laggy menus. Alien upgrade path is a little less confusing then the first iteration of biomass, but still feels unintuitive.

Still needs separate sensitivies for alien and marine. I wouldn't have come back to try this new NS2 build after all these months if I hadn't recently purchased a mouse with a DPI switch. (Fireglider is awesome).

Edit: The changes to jetpack jump, exo eject and ESP. fade vortex and onos bone shield are all good things I like berry much.
  • destroyerjjbgdestroyerjjbg Join Date: 2013-03-01 Member: 183467Members
    edited August 2013
    i think 253 gona be good, at least for commanding that usually i plays. With my old pc amd x2 4600 and nvidia gts250 , i could before 252 kill some rines with skuls, after , i barelly kill one.

Have random crash to desktop more than before 252(i think is about a fail memory module), servers seems have increase lags, and feels mouse a bit more tough, but i think the new stuff is kinda good. Sure in future they will fix all those problems.

Also have more fails about u game files doesnt match with server ones, than before 252 that i dont know what is about, more consistency check fails also.

greets for the update btw, though i still disliking new AV coz cant kill rines like before ;-)
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    OMG, now you can jump and crouch in the air as marine :)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    If you feel like you're having client FPS stuttering try using D3D11 instead of D3D9. The client should be defaulting to D3D11 for users capable of running it but may not have switched in all cases. A better solution is in the works (it was working but we had a crash, and crashes are generally considered worse than stuttering :p).
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    HOLY COW... I MEAN HOOOLY COW...

About halfway through the video I was already going like IS IT NEVER GOING TO END?

SO MANY CHANGES. BIG ONES TOO. Holy poop. Just holy poop.

Damn. Nice job UWE, no matter how it pans out. Didn't really expect that much stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    Marine strafe jump buff + skulks gnarling when idle.

whoever thought these were needed changes, I hope you step on lego. Yeah I went there.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    Love the fact so much work has gone into this latest patch however i am worried about how over powered the aliens keep getting, fade was aready over kill yet now it has the ability to teleport away and has a new super powerful swipe?

The lurk was also pretty powerful, now with 3x increased bite, it's more powerful than the skulk, i can just see alien teams full of lurks and fades raping the marines.

We shall see.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Insane wrote: »
    Any word on what this means from the Reinforced announcement post?:
    You might have noticed a trend in updates to NS2: They are all free. This begs the question – How will Unknown Worlds keep making these updates? How can NS2 continue to be developed if Unknown Worlds can’t pay to keep Max in his coding cage? On August 30, we will answer that question.

We're just putting the finishing touches on the answer to that, so you'll find out very soon.

So, this is probably either 1) becoming f2p or 2) getting microtransactions.

Call me conservative, but either way, I am not happy with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    edited August 2013
    Insane wrote: »
    Any word on what this means from the Reinforced announcement post?:
    You might have noticed a trend in updates to NS2: They are all free. This begs the question – How will Unknown Worlds keep making these updates? How can NS2 continue to be developed if Unknown Worlds can’t pay to keep Max in his coding cage? On August 30, we will answer that question.

We're just putting the finishing touches on the answer to that, so you'll find out very soon.

So, this is probably either 1) becoming f2p or 2) getting microtransactions.

Call me conservative, but either way, I am not happy with it.

I'd guess microtransactions for purely visual things, i.e paying $$$ for "female" alien skins or something along that line. I'm ok with it as long as it has ZERO impact on gameplay.

Although, I hope they prove me wrong and announce their next title.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    i am worried about how over powered the aliens keep getting, fade was aready over kill yet now it has the ability to teleport away and has a new super powerful swipe?

My fade just died to 2 marines with LMG's and hardly any upgrades :(