Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks for the games today. I put repairs back, and I have a slightly different RT set up for next week to try out :D.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I can actually make it today if it's still on.
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah we're still on for tonight. Normal time normal place etc :D So what maps have we got for tonight? I know that prison is a possiblity as well as kodiak and jambi. Any others? Only 40 minutes to go skulklings.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Hmmm, No real additions, but took a sweep at the occlusion in server room and got the performance up a little.
    Man has Kodiak ever come a long way, it's bloody awesome now. Gonna try and convince my fellow admins to add it to our regular rotation.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So tonight was another demonstration of how the game hates me/Im cursed
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hi guys a little grey box treat for you to test when you can and perhaps give me some feed back on it.
    I made this in a little under a week. So it doesn't even have a name. so for the time being it's called gridalpha. As I drew the layout on some grid paper and went from there.
    My concerns are the map is too small and I should scale it up.
    Map is very playable
    trying to lay a solid foundation before getting technical
    Let me know what you think.
    I hope you enjoy it.

Map has:
    5 Tech point
    10 Res ( umming and ahhhing about a double res location )
    Locations
    Power
    Commander Camera
    Simple OCC

Download here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32942522/ns2_GridAlpha.level
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I've loaded the map onto the workshop under the name ns2_grid.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169931944&searchtext=

Should make it easier to share via a server.

Put a fair bit of work into it this weekend. mostly texturing to make it look a bit more interesting and try flesh out a look/theme.

If you get a game going please invite me ( if i'm awake). In Australia so timezone might be an issue. Should be able to add me via steam from my signature below.
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    @WorthyRival We did play a game of it last night, though I had to miss out on most of it after being called away. Is there a thread we can leave feedback in or would you prefer pm etc?

Edit: I also fail at getting names right...
  • KrozuKrozu Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154854Members
    Isn't it the other way around most, if not all the time? Where Americans expect the rest of the world to adjust to them?
    And yes, i take insult to that.
    Krozu wrote: »
    Isn't it the other way around most, if not all the time? Where Americans expect the rest of the world to adjust to them?
    And yes, i take insult to that.
    Excuse me? did you just call me American? You just assume every white person who isn't from europe is American?

I take great offence to that.

In all my years, never seen such rude behavior on the internet.

• KrozuKrozu Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154854Members
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We'll test it this weekend for you. I'll also run it locally to ensure there aren't any immediate, game breaking issues. You are more than welcome to attend the testing session btw, it's a fair bit of fun.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We'll test it this weekend for you. I'll also run it locally to ensure there aren't any immediate, game breaking issues. You are more than welcome to attend the testing session btw, it's a fair bit of fun.

Thank you, let me know if there are, commander view might have a few with building on top of things, i'll have to setup a few commandernobuilds eventually, but since its a layout I did not want to spend too much time doing it if I will change it.

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Hey,

I wanna do some quick changes tarvos, lab, to make it higher, to feel more like a base for marines to move out from. Im working today till 4 :( So gona try squeeze it in before map test session but dont know if I will have time yet.
    edited September 2013
    Okay well update us when you can @QwiXXeR.

So what maps do we have for tonight? I know of new builds for Caged, Goliath, Prison, and Fracture as well as a possible for Tarvos now. There are also two new maps Research by Luitjens and Yana by Minsci and we still need to record games on Nanogrid, Lost and Fusion. Have I missed any?

Also, @KillerMonkey if you want Igneus tested there are two issues with the current workshop build that need sorting before we can play properly. The TP in the cave area needs cysts going to the rt location and the hive that is in a box sort of business needs more space around it to spawn eggs as there is no available space for them.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well there's those problems and there's the feeling the workshop submission will poop out and not load on the serve for no reason :p
    Well Igneus now works on the server everybody, so that is joining the list. Only 35 mins people!
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Brilliant work daan!
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thumbs up to Troop and Flaterectomy for posting their first vids to the ns2scc youtube channel.. Proud of you guys!

If you are a mapper and want to upload anything ns2 mapping related under the ns2scc banner, give me or Howser a poke!
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd like to join the server but I get the error "Server Mod Is Out Of Date". The current map is ns2_prison. This happens pretty often so I thought it might be worth mentioning. I dont know if the problem is that the map author is updating the map while it is in play on the server or something but this happens quite often, and when it happens I can also see a decline on players on the server so clearly I am not the only one experiencing this-.
    edited September 2013
    Yeah it's whenever somebody updates any map we have in the rotation. Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid. Sorry.

Edit: It's fixed now. you should be able to join
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Yeah it's whenever somebody updates any map we have in the rotation. Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid. Sorry.

Edit: It's fixed now. you should be able to join
    I guess the best option would be that the map authors keep from updating the map while the playsession is still on.

Ohh we've tried to enforced that.... never seems to happen somehow...