DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    That ftp file will always contain the latest error data from the co server.
    You might want to right click and press save by viewing here though: ftp://ns2co.ibisgaming.com/main/
    Also in the most recent case it said that pulse got 1 vote so it is capturing something but the menu does not show up and the sever tick drops to nothing.
    Could there be a logging option that will only log chat and admin actions?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    atm i dont want to expand logging to much, without file appending logging is in a really bad state.

I did just publish another build to hopefully fix the mapvote issue, I am thinking there might be an issue with the player:GetClient() function.
    I am talking about removing logging not expanding it.

Make it so it only loges those things as an option in the extended logging so there is less data.
    edited June 2013
    Also now the server is trying to fill back up b/c as usually when something updates in the workshop it kills the server b/c players can not join till the map changes. But god forbid servers talking to clients to prevent this sort of problem lol.

Will retest mapvoting as soon as I get a chance and will post up results.
    Tested and it still does not work the version number in the server reports the same as the previous version as well. Still runs fine in normal server just not in combat.

Also still lags the shit out of the server when it does not work.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Oh damnit i publish the 617a version again instead of the update.. doh. These changes to the launchpad :S

Published the update for real this time... if steamworkshop will work... ok it finally took the update.
    Yea I see the correct version number now.
  • RomperRomper Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21956Members, Constellation
    Romper wrote: »
    Hi xDragon,

I have been away for a few days and the server has developed a weird problem, when I restart the server the Dakmod plugins are working, rtv, stuck and random all work, as soon as a map has changed none of the plugins work. Oh and random is on after the server restart.
    Also when trying sv_help only about half of the sv_commands are listed.
    any ideas?

ok problem solved, Dakmod was not ticked in the webadmin, must have been the last NS2 update. All back working now
    I would highly suggest not using the webadmin to set mods on your server and instead rely on editing the mapcyle config and your start batch files directly to ensure non breakage of workshop mods.
  • RomperRomper Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21956Members, Constellation
    edited June 2013
    I did install the mod using the batch file with -mods "5f4f178" on the end, only with the option not ticked in the web admin it does not work correctly, is there a different way to install it ?

I also notice the mods folder is now called m5f4f178_1371522858
    I never touch anything in that web admin menu and my combat server which has a bunch has never had any issues.

If you look here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/119151/combat-mode-relaunch/p1

You can see an example of a mapcycle file. When your stuff is defined like that it will load either all the time if listed in the top mods section or on a map by map basis (the mods next to each map is the modid for that map so it only loads on that 1 map)

Using this method by editing the file directly along with the defines in the batch should not break. Unless that by using the web admin even once does something that allows for mod breakage to occur more easily or something.
    Appears working so far with latest update. Will see after a few more map changes!
    Yep looks like it is fixed! Finally map voting in combat!
    Can you please start to give warnings before rolling out updates or start to release new mod versions for each one? It sucks having your server pop die every time this is silently updated. Especially on weekends. To lose all your traffic for all Friday night b/c of an update really sucks.
    I wish there was a way for the server to unload and reload a mod in real time, this would avoid these stupid problems.
    yea i wanted to push it out before primetime, but got home kinda late. I have been trying not to do updates for that very reason, but had a kinda specific feature needed for testing.
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is it now possible to exit the server process from Lua?
    What I like to see in DAK is, that after a mapchange if the current time equal or greater than one listed in my configuration file the server quits.
    With this I could use my watchdog batch file to restart the server every 6 hours, to prevent those occasional memory leaks.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    It seems our reserve slot isn't working. Server is filling up to 19 players in game, when it should only be up to 18.

Here's part of our config:
    "reservedslots": {
    "kMinimumSlots": 1,
    "kReservedSlots": 0,
    "kDelayedKickTime": 1,
    "kReservePassword": "password",
    "kMaximumSlots": 19,
    "kDelayedSyncTime": 1

Any ideas?
    I dont think its possible to exit the server process cleanly from LUA yet, my method had always relied on a bug which allowed me to crash the server process (the one I was using is fixed now).

As for the reserve slots issue, I hadnt heard of any problems, have you been seeing it happen consistently?

Also I just published a small update to fix a couple small issues.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    As for the reserve slots issue, I hadnt heard of any problems, have you been seeing it happen consistently?

That's hard for me to do, as I don't have as much free time anymore. I'll keep my eyes out for this issue and report back later.
    Faust wrote: »
    It seems our reserve slot isn't working. Server is filling up to 19 players in game, when it should only be up to 18.

Here's part of our config:
    "reservedslots": {
    "kMinimumSlots": 1,
    "kReservedSlots": 0,
    "kDelayedKickTime": 1,
    "kReservePassword": "password",
    "kMaximumSlots": 19,
    "kDelayedSyncTime": 1

Any ideas?

I have seen the same problem where as it is not kicking the last player. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not it just depends on how the server is feeling at the time.

edited August 2013
    Does the badges plugin not work? This is when using web admin and the badges defined in the player groups. Turning the badges pluign on or off does nothing and the badges mod from the workshop does not display anything.
    edited September 2013
    Server was full the past couple days. Servers was showing 19/19 locked. Couldn't join after entering res slot password (got thrown in join queue). Our res slot config hasn't changed. Any ideas?

Edit: I restarted the server today. Later on it filled up, and res slots worked as intended.

Dragon: Any plans to add a high ping kicking plugin? Perhaps tweaking the random teams plugin to allow random by KDR?
    sv_ban doesn't seem to be working well. It does ban, but reason text doesn't work most of the time (under bans in web admin, reason will be listed as "no reason"). It never seems to work if quotes are used in reason text. Also, it looks like adding <playername> before <playerid> isn't accepted syntax anymore?
    sv_ban in dak takes the playerID first (either their current name, gameID or steamID). Then you can optionally provide another name for the ban record. Then the ban duration, and then the reason. Either of the formats below would work:

sv_ban [gameid] "A Hacker" 0 being a hacker.
    sv_ban [gameid] 0 being a hacker.

If you do provide a name which does have spaces, then you would need to put it in quotes. The ban reason doesnt need quotes however.

I did fix something that could have caused the first word of the reason to get missed however.
    Thanks! I just did some ban testing now. It's working based on your parameters.