DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for getting back to you late. I haven't had much opportunity to test this particular issue. I did personally encounter the rtv>map change> failed vote random bug again on our server last night, which was full at the time. Judging from the response from some of the regulars, this bug is still ongoing. If there's any particular info I can provide you to further troubleshoot the issue, please feel free to ask!

xDragon said:
    does the random work on the next new round?
    I'm afraid not. I still have to sv_randomall. The issue seems to resolve itself after the next map change (random vote passes and functions to spec).
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I got some reports the other night that the stuck plugin hasn't been working properly as of late. I haven't personally seen this. Anyone else having any issues with the stuck plugin?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I have heard this as well but have yet to see it myself.
    Using latest version along with combat mod but I notice that the map voting often breaks. Timeleft will not output anything and trying to start a map vote manually will say that one is already running.
    So here is a new one, game crashes on combat mod, ok no problem. Can not play any steam games ever again b/c my id can not be validated until I can removed from that server. OK get removed from server, still fucked. Hope server changes map but oh wait map changing is broken. Thank god I run this server so I can restart it or I might be really fucked.

Scratch that even restarting the server does not free my client from hell. So note to everyone, do not let your game crash or your fucked from steam.
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Onosbar 34 man server also having this problem to but only if I use the Extra Entitys Mod with the dak mod...which might be something?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm i will check that, there is an issue with DAK and the beta build of NS2 currently also, which I am looking at.
    OK I think I found something that might help with the map voting breaking. We had a vote tie and so it goes to the 2 maps it then ties and it says 10sec left until vote ends and nothing. Map never changes.
    Also sorry about that rant up there, appears the real problem for that was steam blowing up and it actually prevented a lot of people from playing any games during that hour.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    For the map vote issue, are you running an older version of DAK? There was an issue when you would tie a map vote twice with one of the options as extending the current map, which was fixed somewhat recently.
    edited June 2013
    No this is with the latest version. I dl from the site directly 5 days ago on a freshly installed server. This issue does not occur on the pub server but only on the combat server. Both run the same DAK version.
    So you run for example sv_votemap and it says map vote in 8 sec and then nothing ever comes up....
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Im still having this map vote issue but ONLY when Extra Entitys mod is running (im on the latest version) it takes 1-2 rounds and then all of the sudden all vote systems act as if they are running but really they are not...and we get stuck on the same map for hours unless I reset the server
    How do we turn on the gui functions in the new version?
    It is on by default, any user that connects which completes the basic handshake (just confirms it has a working client side copy of DAK/DAK menus) will be shown the menus in place of many text prompts. I am still working on adding in more menus to the 'admin menu', but if you complete the handshake you can enter dakmodmenu as a console command (or even bind it to a key) to display the main admin menu. Currently it only supports Kick/Ban/Slay/Map changes and language settings.

I will look at the mapvote issue with combat/EEM.
    ok so it will not show up as a mapvote for example b/c I have changed the servers to load dak via workshop but did not see the gui when loading. Or do I need to reset the DAKSettings.json file?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can you force a server with reserved slots to have a password enabled when the limit is hit.
    When I enter dakmodmenu in console nothing happens.
    xDragon wrote: »
    I will look at the mapvote issue with combat/EEM.

Awesome! For now we had to disable map voting b/c even though it sometimes worked when it breaks the server will get really bad lag.
    Could you get server logs from that? I tried like 50 rounds and couldnt get any bugs to occur
    Here is the log from yesterday. I turned it off about the middle of the day b/c keeping it on was killing server tick rate but the errors from earlier should be in there: http://www.ibisgaming.com/media/log-Server-2.txt
    Ahh seems somehow a player entity gets in the client list, hmm that is wierd.

I will release a fix that should hopefully prevent that error
    Is that what is occurring in the voting or is this a different bug that you found?

Also any ideas why the gui never comes up and dakmodmenu does nothing?
    Ok so i added some protection for the player ents in the client list, but the update got bugged that was published yesterday. I published a new one just now to fix this, which was causing alot of features to not work as client lookups would fail (no errors tho). I also fixed all client side stuff getting broken (UWE removed .entry files for modloading, which broke my stripped down client side mod :S). I also believe i may have finally fixed the random bug on map change (OMG!) and I also added a command to cancel in progress random votes (sv_cancelrandom)
    Still breaks map voting in combat see errors: http://www.ibisgaming.com/media/log-Server-2.txt

Using latest version published earlier.
    Ok.. i published another attempt to fix it.
  • RomperRomper Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21956Members, Constellation
    Hi xDragon,

I have been away for a few days and the server has developed a weird problem, when I restart the server the Dakmod plugins are working, rtv, stuck and random all work, as soon as a map has changed none of the plugins work. Oh and random is on after the server restart.
    Also when trying sv_help only about half of the sv_commands are listed.
    any ideas?
    Ok it says that I am on version 1.617a is that the latest? I will test the map voting in combat again tomorrow but for now I need some sleeps.
    yep thats the latest.
    Turned it on and it says map vote in 8 seconds and then in 8 seconds server lags to shit and then after lets say 24 it says that vote failed and changing map to whatever it selected randomly.

I have disabled the mapvote plugin again on the combat server to prevent further lag until hopefully a final bug smash can occur lol.

As always latest errors here in real time: http://www.ibisgaming.com/media/log-Server-2.txt