DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just got a report about a locked comm chair bug in DAK. To quote the player who reported this:
    Comm chair is sealed. Nobody is commander. DAK says that a map vote is in progress even though it is not.

Immediately before the bug, the match ended and there were 12 people. Mapvote started, a bunch left (leaving 5 or so in the server). There was a 3 way tie (one of the options was to extend the map). Mapvote restarted with those 3 options. Another 3-way tie. Then nothing happened. I assumed it'd move to the next map but whatever. We joined thinking that it would extend the map. A guy hopped in the CC and was stuck inside it (no commander vision apparently). He hit F4...the CC was still sealed.

Screenshot:
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/3ug8q

It looks like changing the map fixed the issue.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    I think I know what caused this, and will have it fixed in a coming update.

Also i fixed the issue preventing structure creation from being logged, and changed recycle logging to detect all researches.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    We have some message related problems on the weaselservers:
    1. No MOTD messages.
    2. EDIT: It works now. The periodic message keeps the default text despite a different entry in EN.json

Mapvote is working as far as i can tell.

"important" stuff DAKConfig.json
    {
     "messages": {
          "kMessageInterval": 5,
          "kMessageStartDelay": 1,
          "kMessagesPerTick": 5,
          "kMessageTickDelay": 6
        },

"loader": {
          "DelayedServerUpdate": 1,
          "GamerulesClassName": "NS2Gamerules",
          "DelayedClientConnect": 2,
          "TeamTwoName": "Aliens",
          "AllowClientMenus": false,
          "PluginsList": [ "messages", "baseadmincommands", "mapvote", "motd", "unstuck", "voterandom" ],
          "TeamOneName": "Marines",
          "GamerulesExtensions": true
        },
        "motd": {
          "kMOTDMessageDelay": 6,
          "kMOTDOnConnectURL": "www.unknownworlds.com/ns2",
          "kPrintMOTDChatCommands": [ "printmotd" ],
          "kMOTDMessagesPerTick": 5,
          "kAcceptMOTDChatCommands": [ "acceptmotd" ],
          "kMOTDMessageRevision": 1
        },
        "language": {
          "LanguageChatCommands": [ "/lang" ],
          "MessageSender": "Admin",
          "LanguageList": [ "EN" ],
          "DefaultLanguage": "EN"
        },
      }

EN.json
    "AvailableLanguages":							"Available Languages are - [%s].",
    "GaggedMessage":							"You have been gagged.",
    "InvalidMap":							"Invalid Map Provided.",
    "MOTDAccepted":							"You accepted the MOTD.",
    "MOTDAlreadyAccepted":							"You already accepted the MOTD.",
    "MOTDMessage":							[
    "* rtv: To initiate a map vote aka Rock The Vote                     ",
    "* random: To vote for auto-random teams for next 30 minutes         ",
    "* timeleft: To display the time until next map vote                 ",
    "* stuck: To have your player teleported to be unstuck.              ",
    "* acceptmotd: To accept and suppress this message                   ",
    ],
    "PeriodicMessages":							[
    "* Welcome to the Weasel Servers                                     ",
    "* Admins: GameOver, JoeScylla and Snix                              ",
    "* Moderators: Allen, Casio and Pausen                               ",
    "* Visit www.lerk.de												 ",
    ],

...i hope it's not a missing comma :P
    btw. Thanks for the help.
  • despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
    edited April 2013
    the sv_cancelsurrendervote command does not work.

please fix this.

(i assume this command is to reset the surrender votecount when players type surrender)
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    the sv_cancelsurrendervote takes a team number (1/2) to determine what teams' vote to cancel. There is no error message if you do not provide the team number, I will add that in. But it does seem like it should work, did you pass it a team number?
  • despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
    yeah, I tried both 1 and 2. it didn't say or do anything to let me know it worked or not, but the surrender vote still passed so i assume it didn't work
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    So, I've noticed the random teams vote occasionally not initializing.

The scenario for this failure seems to be fairly specific to reproduce. Typically, random teams are voted for and enabled. Then, later on, an rtv vote is successfully passed and the map is changed, while random teams are still enabled. Soon after map load, users will attempt to vote for random teams again (random teams are disabled on map load). However, voting for random teams at this point won't work. I have verified that the vote random plugin is enabled by using sv_listplugins.
    Yea that bug has dogged me for a long time now, I shall take another look to see if I can figure out why that keeps happening. I did find a bug with the surrender admin commands (cancelling and starting a surrender vote), so those will also be fixed in a coming patch.
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    When people vote to rtv and the map vote fails, everyone has to rtv again. I'd recommend fixing this. If everyone voted to rtv I can assure you that the players on the server want to change maps.
    I got a request from a couple players that our server needed a restart. I checked performance, and the tick rate was quite low. After further discussion, I found out the round was failing to start. I restarted the server. I asked for details behind the cause of the issue. Here's part of a chat log with one of the users who experienced the bug:

5:00 PM - SockMonkee: anyway, we voted to extend summit
    5:00 PM - SockMonkee: map changed to summit again
    5:00 PM - SockMonkee: then random wouldn't work
    5:00 PM - SockMonkee: and when both teams got comms, it said "15 sec until game start" then it never started
    5:00 PM - SockMonkee: and we couldn't rtv or anything out of it
  • RomperRomper Join Date: 2003-10-25 Member: 21956Members, Constellation
    Hi,
    Is there an admin chat function? just chat that admins can see ?
  • FuhrerDarqueSydeFuhrerDarqueSyde Join Date: 2004-10-04 Member: 32076Members, Constellation
    That would be nice, we have a sourcemod plugin on our TF2 servers that has that exact same function and we use it all the time to discuss things. It operates like this (for all functions).

console command: sm_command <message> or /command <message> or !command <message>

sm_command is the actual console command, /command can be typed in chat and the plugin absorbs the chat message (doesnt display the command in chat) and !command does display the command in chat.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    For inline admin chat the a simpler command would be @.

So you would type: @ Hello World

In theory though the symbol required could be customizable to make everyone happy.
    Where you running the newest version of DAK when you had that round bug occur? I thought I had fixed that previously but its possible its still there.
    xDragon wrote: »
    Where you running the newest version of DAK when you had that round bug occur? I thought I had fixed that previously but its possible its still there.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I am not running the latest version. I wasn't aware that the bug in question was squashed. I'll update DAK now. In fact, I think I'll just use the workshop method from now on.
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    Updated to latest build. Works great as of the time stamp of this post.
    wireaudio wrote: »
    Updated to latest build. Works great as of the time stamp of this post.

Everything is working great, minus the random bug I mentioned the 25th.
    Your running the mod via workshop and it works correctly?
    can we please get it so that it will check if a player is afk before assigning them to a team when random is on?
    xDragon wrote: »
    Your running the mod via workshop and it works correctly?

If you were referring to me, then yes, I'm running it via workshop now. I haven't noticed any new issues.
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    edited April 2013
    Can you explain how the tournamentmode works, I didn't get it.
    EDIT: nevermind I managed to get it working
    Its possible, but requires a client side portion of the mod which had previously been undesireable. Since that is changed now I can revisit items like that.

And it shouldnt random AFK players.
    We've been encountering a lot of issues with the random vote plugin for the past few days. Most notably, it just doesn't work. A new map will load, we'll vote for random, it passes, yet we're all sitting in the ready room. Several seconds pass by, yet no auto-randoming takes places. I eventually lose patience and use sv_randomall to get the job done. FYI the server is subscribed to DAK via workshop.

I also encountered a peculiar oddity a couple nights ago. On refinery, didn't get an IP on round start. I ended up using sv_reset. Marine's starting structures were in full accompaniment after the reset. Chance would have it, Ironhorse was playing on our server at the time the bug exposed itself. He immediately finger pointed at DAK, as, according to Ironhorse, the no IP bug hasn't been seen in vanilla NS2 in ages.

For the random plugin, can you post your random config section?

And for the IP bug, were the marines by chance in Flow Control?

Sure thing!

"voterandom": {
          "kVoteRandomInstantly": false,
          "kVoteRandomMinimumPercentage": 40,
          "kVoteRandomAlwaysEnabled": false,
          "kVoteRandomChatCommands": [ "voterandom", "random" ],
          "kVoteRandomDuration": 30,
          "kVoteRandomOnGameStart": false

As you can see, the only value I've changed is minimum vote percentage. I tested the issue today with a default copy of DAKconfig, and we still had problems. One of our regulars who helped me test the issue mentioned the vote random issues have occurred on a constant basis for a while.

We were in turbine when we encountered the missing IP bug. When I used sv_reset, we spawned in flow, and everything was well.

I will need to test the IP thing further, altho I have a feeling thats not DAK (i dont mess with the actually creation of those structures on reset).  I did just publish an update that hopefully fixes the random issues.
    xDragon said:
    I will need to test the IP thing further, altho I have a feeling thats not DAK (i dont mess with the actually creation of those structures on reset).  I did just publish an update that hopefully fixes the random issues.
    That's the only time I've ever personally encountered that issue. Looking forward to playing with the new build!
    Vote random seems to be working well now, thanks! Well aside from that issue we previously discussed. That is, the random teams enabled, to rtv, to successful map vote and change, to random vote, but no random bug.
    That is still happening?  I had tested that specifically over several map changes and it seemed fine.  It should random people once they load into the ready room.  If you are still seeing it happen, does the random work on the next new round?