Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageNatural Selection 2 Free Weekend - Natural Selection 2

A Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend will take place between Thursday, 21 March and Sunday, 24 March. During this free weekend, which is PAX week, NS2 will be 50% off!

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to start comment thread!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Looks like Noob is back on the menu, boys! :D

I'll get the salt and pepper!
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    large snowballs are OP.

good luck with pax & this weekend promotion!!
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Good thing there was a performance boost. I look forward to seeing your shenanigans at PAX.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    I'm totally gonna FRAPS every game I place this weekend.
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    Dear Unknow World Studio

You guys should sale 60% because many gamers on Steam chart show that are under 10$

Counter Strike series get alot of money and a huge community >> its cheap and under 10$

Just a bit more after this free weekend +60% sale dev team can see the big differrence

Thank you for listen humble gamer like us
  • agentaibbagentaibb Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157760Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    2nd Video: "What is this white substance on the ground?" LOL
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited March 2013
    Haha, I love these carefully worded *hint hint* posts every time there is a sale and new players are expected :p

Imagine it like this:

Hugh = Marge Simpson
    existing NS2 players = Bart Simpson

Bart: Hey, Lis. I think I got your lunch.
    (He hands Lisa a note from his lunch bag: "I Am Very Proud Of You")
    Lisa: Oh yeah, I didn't think this was mine.
    (She hands Bart a note from her lunch bag: "Be Good. For The Love Of God, Please Be Good")
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    edited March 2013
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heyman wrote: »

Any good stock options for tomorrow?

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I glad that finally my friends are going to try NS2.
    But... but... so much noobs again, will take another two weeks to recover :(
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Heyman wrote: »
    I don't think you'll actually play against people in PAX. Internet access in convention centers are typically limited and/or expensive. If they have it setup similar to how they did it at PAX Prime, it'll just be 16 servers on a LAN where people can quickly jump in to play.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I have to say: I'm really impressed at how smoothly (well on the surface anyway) and well planned UWE are steering the course of NS2! This seems to be the perfect moment for such a thing. I wish both UWE and the community that the free weekend attracts many devoted new players.

Just be nice, k?
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    I have to say: I'm really impressed at how smoothly (well on the surface anyway) and well planned UWE are steering the course of NS2! This seems to be the perfect moment for such a thing.

Ya they planned this entire thing out. I'm interested in their new PAX booth. Will it be an elaborate expensive flashy NS2 booth? Or will the wood/carpenters/slighty awkward devs make a return?

15,000 concurrent player sounds doable but that would mean the new players dilute the older one's by a large margin. At least more people get to play and there is a lesser chance they will encounter the current stackers. Though there are a lot of nice players who give good advice as well.

Performance def increased a bit. If there are around 1-2 more performance improvements like we saw in 242, it would definitely push NS2 into a really good place to be in terms of performance. I mean it took them what 20 days to get these enchantments out after the Gorgeous patch released? If only they focused on performance for another month 8->
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    omg, yes! so many people are gonna try NS2 that have been on the fence about getting it, and will finally be convinced

also, i will get the usual response of confusion from the noobs, when i slaughter them in droves, then give them tips to win next time they spawn :P
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Great! Glad it's finally happening and I really hope it pays off.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Dear Unknow World Studio

You guys should sale 60% because many gamers on Steam chart show that are under 10$

Counter Strike series get alot of money and a huge community >> its cheap and under 10$

Just a bit more after this free weekend +60% sale dev team can see the big differrence

What the literal ...?!

"OMFG 50% is so crap"

Seriously?
    edited March 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Dear Unknow World Studio

What the literal ...?!

"OMFG 50% is so crap"

Seriously?

I think you misunderstood him. He believes that getting the price below $10 will get a lot of response from buyers.
    And he's not wrong, either, games that break the $10 slot show up in a special category on Steam, which is very popular for thrifty buyers.

The question is, will UWE gain more or less money with a 60% cut? Valve has claimed in the past that deeper cuts result in deeper profits almost universally. I'm not sure if it still happens to this day, though. It's all up to the economical analyst over at UWE to determine what they are comfortable with, and how much they trust the current market trends.

Anyway, the point of my rambling is that the guy you are offended at is not being greedy/whiny. I'll bet that he already has he game, and just wants it to sell even more. :)
  • UltimeasUltimeas Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182704Members
    Although I love getting 25 kills in 2 minutes as much as the next guy, seeing a rookie start to grasp the game after you've been helping them is a great feeling. Bonus points for those games that 2 rookies jump in the chairs xD. Its also a great time to start trying to command.

It would only be better if we could hear that marines mic the first time your onos decloaks right in front of him.....

• JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Don't need 60% cuts if there's also a free weekend to be honest, since that means NS2 will be on the steam frontpage anyway.
    Maybe they'll do steeper cuts for the easter sales, since then they'll actually have to compete for the gamer's attention.
  • NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    At what time will the free weekend launch? I had a friend check and it's not up yet.

Asking since I would like to make posts on other forums but only when it's live so people can immediately start downloading :)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    That image in the post looks AWESOME.
  • BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Members
    I'm so pissed :(
    Moving to Boston in september. Hope you guys will make it again next year
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    I think this is very appropriate for the new players:

Let's have fun and games!

And cross my fingers for the best!