Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend - Natural Selection 2

124»

Comments

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=4920&from=1363365073

6K now, and still going strong. Nice new record coming up for NS2. :)
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Let's get it to 10k :)
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    It's currently the highest-ranking game on SteamGraph that I assume most people have never heard of.

(Maybe second behind Planetside 2. Or third behind Garry's Mod.)
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Garry's Mod is somewhat well known due to all sorts of machinima. I'd assume Planetside 2 is also known because Sony.

7.5k and growing!
  • Super_GorgeSuper_Gorge Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184212Members
    DarkflameQ wrote: »
    If you are planning to do these free weekends on a regular basis you really need to funnel the new rookies into servers of their own.

With the new in game training videos, they should pick up the game fast enough without the need for anyone to hold their hands.

On that note, rookie servers should only allow rookies into them because i know of a good few experienced players who like to go into rookie servers just for the cheap gratification of easily slaughtering them.

For a game as complex as NS2 (compared to the majority of dumbed down FPS games), an intelligent game that requires excellent team work to win, there really needs to be a separation of rookies and experienced players as rookies ruin the experience for us veterans.

I will not continue to play the game if it means i have to play with rookies the majority of the time.

It's bad enough having to put up with inexperienced / commandless / voiceless commanders that can no longer be ejected due to the recent increase of vote threshold to unrealistic levels but throwing in lots of new rookies with regular players just for the sake of populating the existing servers and increasing sales is a step too far for me.

I agree that there needs to be more players as a the majority of servers are always empty but at least do it in a controlled and balanced manner.

I purchased 8 copies of this game for me and my friends to enjoy, i would like to continue to enjoy this game but it's quickly going down hill in my opinion.

I rage quit the game for the first time last night as every marine game i played was full of disorganised rookies who wouldn't listen to any orders / advice, it was infuriating.

One game had 5 commanders in a space of 15 minutes, the whole night was a complete farce.

I get what you're saying, but rookie ONLY servers leads to people not really learning the game well.

Personally, I think the 75% rookie on both teams is fair if both teams have veterans to help the rookies out. What Veterans should really not do this weekend is to stack against the rookies. As you said, the game needs more players and honestly, this is the best way to do it. Furthermore, I feel that if F2P weekenders have someone around to teach them, they're FAR more likely to pick the game up.

And F2P Weekenders are going to gravitate towards the Marines because it's a much easier transfer than picking up a variety of Alien lifeforms. I don't bother with Lerk because I can't play it well. And I got almost 200 hours. So Marines are going to be abnormally weak for the next couple days. Thus, you should do Aliens but not go all dominating on them.

I actually think the F2P Marine stack is not a bad idea as losing as Marines isn't awful like losing as Aliens. And if you have a Veteran Com who can turtle well, it gets fun when you're losing. So a turtle Marine loss equates to F2P Weekenders having fun on BOTH sides.

The game needs more people. It's time to encourage F2P Weekenders to buy the game and join our community.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    See you Sunday :-D
  • GorginatorGorginator Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72241Members
    How do you reset hints (so videos keep playing after they've all been played)? I want to hear Hugh when there is downtime. Very fun.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Aw it ended already. I wish it went to at least 7 PM EST time. But it looks like a few people have dat NS2 withdrawal symptoms.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Damn, this game really needs an automatic commander. Some of the games this weekend were gut wrenching.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Gorginator wrote: »
    How do you reset hints (so videos keep playing after they've all been played)? I want to hear Hugh when there is downtime. Very fun.

Enter resettipvids in the console.
    Reset_help for hints. (Be sure to have hints enabled in options as well)
  • GorginatorGorginator Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72241Members
    edited March 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Gorginator wrote: »

Enter resettipvids in the console.
    Reset_help for hints. (Be sure to have hints enabled in options as well)
    Thanks ! More Hugh goodness, here I come! Really though, I do like the videos during the downtime when waiting to respawn.