DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• Eric_JediEric_Jedi Join Date: 2009-12-10 Member: 69567Members
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but is there a way To "hide" the reserved slot ?

People like to be able to wait in line to join the server, and every time I activate the slot, people keep getting kicked.

I thought it was the Kmaximumslots thing at first, but it wasn't working back when I tested it.

I want my server to be 21 slots, but only 20 visible.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    I updated our server with the latest DAK update a couple days ago. I just received a couple complaints from our users that the server is unfortunately still locking early. It looks like the issue isn't fixed. Could it be a fault of the game code itself?

Here's some screenshots:

mCKt7vD.jpg

Dh61H6P.png

Edit: I should note that the server tends to fix this issue when the next map is loaded, as seen in the second screenshot.
    yay Faust Jedi's Loft ;) lol
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is no way to hide reserve slots currently, thats something that would need to be allowed by UWE. As for the reserve slot password issues, I corrected a couple calculation issues with the reserve slot plugin (would have allowed 1 extra player), added server lock status messages to the sv_reservedebug command, and added a periodic check to the lock state (every 60 seconds). I just updated github with these changes.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    xDragon wrote: »
    There is no way to hide reserve slots currently, thats something that would need to be allowed by UWE. As for the reserve slot password issues, I corrected a couple calculation issues with the reserve slot plugin (would have allowed 1 extra player), added server lock status messages to the sv_reservedebug command, and added a periodic check to the lock state (every 60 seconds). I just updated github with these changes.

Most excellent! Thanks for the quick update. I'll update our server soon.

edited February 2013
    I've updated our server with the latest build. So far everything is working fine, except for a couple comments from my users:
    so today the server locked at 17/19 again but it was a little different. it was locked but did not have the locked sign by it in the browser.ill post a SS later if needed
    "Player wrote:
    so today the server locked at 17/19 again but it was a little different. it was locked but did not have the locked sign by it in the browser.ill post a SS later if needed"

This happened to me as well, but at like 14/19 or so.

Try to connect, and the password box pops up, even though the 'lock' symbol wasn't in the server browser.

Leaving the password field blank, and just hitting join works. Might confuse some people though.

I'm not quite sure what's going on, but it does seem this bug is slowly getting squashed.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon :( I noticed the server locked early, at a player count of zero 10 minutes ago. I had to enter the res slot password to connect to the server properly. I had to restart the server to fix the issue.

Screenshot:

EKOYZ4z.jpg

Edit2: Server was locking early again. It even started doing it a minute or so after map change. Had to restart server.
    Yea we get a similar issue without the server lock. The reserved slots should be set to 1, and on a 21 slot, it should be 10 vs 10.

Sometimes, not always, the 20th player to join, still gets kicked for a reserved slot, and there are only 19 connected. Again, this does not always happen, since most of the time we get to have 20.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmmm how could it lock with no one on... Can you type sv_reservedebug in console when that happens? Or see if there is any server errors?
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    With a much older version I had:
    "kReservedSlots": 1,
    "kMinimumSlots": 1,
    "kMaximumSlots": 19

Which normally kept the 19th slot free however recently I had to change "kMaximumSlots": 20
    This then caused the expected behavior with the original settings in that the server would stay at 18/19 unless I connected with reserved at the 19th slot which causes it to then stay at 19/19 until someone left at which point it would then stay correctly at 18/19 for a time.

I know this is data from an older version. I am updating to latest now and will report any changes.
    edited February 2013
    There was a bug in older versions that causes it to be off by 1 player - ideally you would want to set kReservedSlots to 0, so that there is never any slots being left open for reserveslot holders (just the 1 slot for people to be able to connect, which is what kMinimumSlots controls).
    edited February 2013
    In the latest version how do we configure admins?
    I can not locate kQueryURL for ServerAdmin

Also EnhancedLogging is missing kServerTimeZoneAdjustment. Is that command no longer needed?
    Hmmm how could it lock with no one on... Can you type sv_reservedebug in console when that happens? Or see if there is any server errors?

Alright, I'll do that next time. Will server errors show up in the console, or do I have to look in a particular place for them?
    Also I assume then to get the behavior I want the settings should be:
    "reservedslots": {
    "kDelayedSyncTime": 1,
    "kReservedSlots": 0,
    "kMaximumSlots": 19,
    "kReservePassword": "",
    "kReserveSlotKickedDisconnectReason": "Server is full, Reserved Slot required to join at this time.",
    "kDelayedKickTime": 2
    },
    OK found issue. Until I manually added
    "ServerAdmin": {
    "kQueryURL": "",
    "kMapChangeDelay": 5,
    "kQueryTimeout": 60,
    "kUpdateDelay": 120
    },

To my config it would not auto generate the ServerAdmin section. Afterword it did correctly and now it correctly created:
    "serveradmin": {
    "QueryURL": "",
    "MapChangeDelay": 5,
    "kQueryURL": "",
    "ServerTimeZoneAdjustment": 0,
    "QueryTimeout": 10,
    "kMapChangeDelay": 5,
    "UpdateDelay": 60,
    "ReconnectTime": 120,
    "kQueryTimeout": 60,
    "kUpdateDelay": 120
    },
    edited February 2013
    Updated github with some fixes and also some additions. It also includes the option to set a override time for when the game will start as long as there is a player on each team like before.

Where do I set this option?

EDIT: kMaxGameNotStartedTime is the answer

Also Default.json in lang gets overwritten every server start and will NOT save any changes to itself.

Editing messages.lua for example is the only way to force the content of Default.json to be correct making Default.json pointless.
    edited February 2013
    Yea, to customize message you will want to enable any plugins that you want, and then make a copy of default.json, and rename it to EN.json (by default). Any customized messages there will be used over the default.json ones.

That reserveslot config looks good, and I will look into that oddity with config generation. Im also going to add a comment to the Default.json file indicating the proper steps for configuration.

This file should not be edited, it is re-created every map change. To edit default messages, You will want to make a copy of this file, and rename it to EN.json. By Default, EN is the default language for all players, and will be used as the primary source. This file is only used if the EN.json file doesnt have the needed strings or doesnt exist. You can also configure additional languages by creating multiple versions of this file, and adding them in the config. Clients can set their language ingame with \lang.
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Hi, has Dak been tested on gorgeous? ie are you a pt?
    Generally patches dont break it, i havent heard any game breaking stuff yet.
    edited March 2013
    We enabled DAK on our server post-patch. So far it seems to be behaving no differently then the previous patch, aside from descent not showing up in the map vote. I think some configuration is needed on our end, or there might just be a limited amount of voting options and maps are chosen at random for voting options.
    I had to add it to the rotation in the web admin to get it to show up. Manually adding decent to the rotation before starting the server caused it to be deleted from the rotation. Not a DAK issue but if anyone it having issues use the web interface.
    So I've been getting some weird complaints from users today that they can't do certain things , like evolve into other lifeforms as aliens and whatnot. One user claims it's only happening on our server, which makes me wonder if it's some sort of compatibility issue with DAK. Here's what one user said on our forum:
    - whenever I type anything and press enter, it is not displayed. Mic still works.
    - can't evolve into anything as an alien (I can select upgs and higher lifeforms, but when I click evolve nothing happens)
    - custom key bindings don't work anymore
    - can't do ANYTHING as a comm. For example, I can select cysts by pressing "a" or clicking, but they aren't placed whenever I click.

All users who encountered these issues do not have a res slot, nor are they admins. I personally haven't had any issues (I'm an admin, in case that wasn't clear). Any other server ops getting user complaints like this?

I'm going to disable DAK in the mean time and see if there are any changes.
    I haven't heard anyone yet complaining... I will check tonight.
    I could see the chat issues maybe being caused by dak (the gag functions), but those others do not seem like things DAK could cause.
    edited March 2013
    I think it might be general server weirdness post patch. Currently we have scheduled a wipe and re-image of our server. This is not the first time we've had to do this after a patch. I'll note that I personally had issues the quoted player stated after I disabled DAK, so it shouldn't be DAK related.

Edit: not related to DAK
    Updated DAK with a couple fixes (languages), and also changed to a different system for many NS2ID based things (bans and such). Any existing files should be automatically converted.
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Cheers Dragon, you the man :D
    Thanks xDragon. Unbeknownst to our admins, our banlist actually wasn't working up until this update. Got a confused message from a player about being autokicked. Turns out they were banned ages ago, but the banlist wasn't actually working till today when I applied the latest DAK update.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    uploading to server, Thank you for your efforts once again. I really appreciate it!
    Feature Request:

Can we have the ability to have log files of admin commands. For example when an admin preforms a command it is logged in a file that is named after that admins's steam id. This makes tracking and logging admin activity and actions very simple and easy.
    edited March 2013
    I caught our server locking at 16 players again, when it should only lock at 18. Here's a copy of our reserve slot config:
    "reservedslots": {
          "kDelayedKickTime": 3,
          "kReservedSlots": 1,
          "kReserveSlotKickedDisconnectReason": "Kicked due to a reserved slot.",
          "kReservePassword": "<password>",
          "kMaximumSlots": 19,
          "kDelayedSyncTime": 3

I quickly joined our server and ran sv_reservedebug as you suggested. Here's the output:
    Locking Server at 17 of 19 players.
    Unlocking Server at 16 of 19 players.
    Unlocking Server at 15 of 19 players.
    Unlocking Server at 15 of 19 players.
    Locking Server at 18 of 19 players.
    Kicking player 151431 for no reserve slot.
    Kicking player 1300882 for no reserve slot.
    Unlocking Server at 17 of 19 players.

Anything I need to change on my end? I'm using the latest DAK build fyi.

Edit: To note a possibly unrelated issue, I've occasionally got reports recently from users that said they'll get prompted with a password box when trying to connect to the server when it's at low quantity and unlocked. If no password is entered and the player clicks on OK, one will connect to the server fine. I just encountered this myself when the server only had one person on it.