DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• DarkScytheDarkScythe Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156876Members
    Thanks for the explanation.

I think I have also encountered another bug, but I'm not sure if it's simply a problem with my settings.

The AutoMapCycle doesn't seem to be advancing/changing maps anymore. Once the time limit is up, it reloads the current map instead of going to another one.

My Config file is set as follows for this plugin:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->    "AutoMapCycle": {
            "kMaximumPlayers": 0,
            "kAutoMapCycleDuration": 30,
            "kMapCycleMaps": [ "ns2_tram", "ns2_summit", "ns2_veil" ],
            "kUseStandardMapCycle": true
        },<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

This used to work, as I didn't want to set the whole map rotation again so I left the kMapCycleMaps array alone, and set kUseStandardMapCycle to true.
    Is this a bug somewhere, or did I do something wrong?

Thanks.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I havent changed much of anything with that plugin except to make it not run when there is people on the server, if its set to use the standard mapcycle event then it should just be triggering a map vote (if you use that plugin also), which when no votes are received it will automatically advance the mapcycle.
    I can't explain this, then..
    It's been stuck on Docking for the entire day, except it reloads Docking every 30 minutes, instead of moving on to the next map.
    DAK has been the only thing to change; NS2Stats and Huze's Badge Mod have not been updated.
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    edited January 2013
    I have noticed that the cyclemap command does not work from the webadmin interface with DAK running, although if I am on the server I can use sv_rcon cyclemap.

Also, tournamentmode still seems a big bugged in pub mode, scoreboard still does not show people joining teams until they reach the MinPlayersPerTeam quota, and it seems to get a bit freaky if people leave the server before the round starts and this causes the number to drop below MinPlayersOnline, the round never starts because there aren't enough players to reach the minimum required, i.e. tournamentmode shuld get disabled but it does not.

Also, has anyone else noticed the new official afk kick setting being ignored? I changed the ServerConfig settings to 180s and 0.7 capacity but the server still reports the default values (300s, 0.5 capacity) in the console, I wonder if this has something to do with DAK.
  • Florp_IncarnateFlorp_Incarnate Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3045Members
    edited January 2013
    Hello,

The MapVote plugin caused OldF.NET Geriatric Ward to crash 4 games consecutively. This could be reproduced on demand by successfully starting a mapvote with RTV or completing a round after time had elapsed, triggering a mapvote. Removing the MapVote plugin from DAKConfig.json and reloading the config caused this problem to stop.

I updated to the latest DAK from Github 2 days ago. I did not experience this crashing prior to today, although that isn't to say it wasn't happening.

Config for reference:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->    "MapVote": {
          "kMapsToSelect": 7,
          "kPregameLength": 10,
          "kVoteChatCommands": [ "vote" ],
          "kVoteStartDelay": 4,
          "kTimeleftChatCommands": [ "timeleft" ],
          "kExtendDuration": 15,
          "kVoteMinimumPercentage": 10,
          "kVoteNotifyDelay": 6,
          "kVotingDuration": 30,
          "kMaximumTies": 1,
          "kRockTheVoteChatCommands": [ "rtv", "rockthevote" ],
          "kVoteChangeDelay": 4,
          "kPregameNotifyDelay": 8,
          "kRoundEndDelay": 2,
          "kDontRepeatFor": 4,
          "kMaximumExtends": 3,
          "kRTVMinimumPercentage": 40
        },<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    As an update to my previously-reported issue of the AutoMapCycle not working, it still appears to not be working quite as expected.

As a test, I copied the mapycle order directly from the mapcycle.json file to "kMapCycleMaps", and set "kUseStandardMapCycle" to false.
    From what I can tell, this should ignore the default map cycle, and use the map cycle defined in the kMapCycleMaps array, which currently is set to be the same order as the standard rotation. However, once the 30 minutes elapses, although the server does change maps now, it appears to ignore the order and choose a map at random.

Does this have anything to do with the new tie breaker function added to the map vote plugin?
    This is my only guess, since Dragon says this plugin should trigger a mapvote at the end of the time limit, but with no one on the server to vote, every map would "tie" with zero votes.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    As a note for the future, it is helpful to include how you are loading DAK (Through Server.lua or workshop).

Regarding the automapcycle, I tested the plugin and it does trigger the map cycle correctly for me. Note that if you set kUseStandardMapCycle to false, it will just randomly select a map from the kMapCycleMaps array. Can you post a copy of your mapcycle.json?

Regarding the mapvote plugin causing a server crash, i was unable to reproduce this one or find any erroneous logic. Is there any errors shown in the server console (if your able to see that) before the crash? Generally speaking lua errors shouldnt cause a server crash (at worst just extreme lag).

For the tournamentmode plugin I need to look closer at that, i recently removed a bunch of logic from it and there was some bug fixes so its very possible there are still some bugs remaining.

For the AFK kick, how are you checking the settings? When you enter sv_auto_kick_afk i believe it will default back to 300s/0.5%, not just echo the current settings.
    edited January 2013
    Oh, okay, so the maps appearing in random order is the intended behavior of the automapcycle plugin when not using the standard map cycle.
    Sorry about that, I didn't know.

As for our mapcycle.json, here it is:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{
    "maps": [
            "ns2_veil",
            "ns2_docking",
            "ns2_mineshaft",
            "ns2_tram",
            "ns2_refinery",
            "ns2_summit"
            ],
        "mode": "order",
        "time": 20,
        "mods": [
            "5fd7a38",
            "5f4f178",
            "5f42a0c"
            ]
    }<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    We are loading DAK normally through the workshop.

As a test, I will set kUseStandardMapCycle back to true and see what happens.

Edit:
    Changing that parameter back to true to use the standard map cycle has caused the server to exhibit the previous behavior again; It simply reloads the current map after the time limit elapses.
    I will try a full server restart, as I'm at a loss as to why it's doing this.

Update:
    This issue has been resolved with a full server restart.
    I temporarily changed the plugin to switch maps every 2 minutes, and it appears to be cycling properly through the mapcycle now.
    Sorry for the false alarm, and thank you for looking into this.
    It's the first time where simply reloading the DAK config wasn't enough.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for replies xDragon, I assumed that sv_auto_kick_afk would echo current settings, guess not, that's pretty silly! And I can confirm that on my server the mapvote and automapcycle plugins are working fine.
    Something else I noticed yesterday, we were playing a match on our server with NS2Stats tournamentmode on, and when a team started to F4 after the 'gg' was called, the autoconcede message popped up "Game will end in 30 seconds, etc...". Was a bit embarrasing, is there a way for the autoconcede plugin to recognize NS2Stats and switch itself off when tournament more is enabled?
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was kMOTDMessage removed?
    all messages are now in separate language files in lua/lang folder
    Its possible, were you running the tournamentmode plugin for DAK at the same time by chance tho?

And all messages were moved to the language files, which will be changing slightly in the coming patches (again lol).
  • CaradasCaradas Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47826Members
    is there an option to get some custom maps only via mapvote and not in the normal mapcycle?

like 3 or 4 standard maps in the mapvote and the rest are special maps.
    <!--quoteo(post=2064291:date=Jan 21 2013, 05:49 PM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Jan 21 2013, 05:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2064291"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Its possible, were you running the tournamentmode plugin for DAK at the same time by chance tho?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Think I set sv_tournamentmode 0, but the plugin is installed, I run it in pub mode for the MinPlayersPerTeam function, but disabled it for the match. I guess I could leave both DAK and NS2Stats tournament modes on.
    It would be bad to leave both enabled (might cause strange conflicts). Im working on some improvements to the tournamentmode plugin so I may be able to include a check for NS2Stats tournament mode.
    edited January 2013
    With pub mode enabled on DAK I meant, or you still think that would cause issues? I just really like the MinPlayersPerTeam function when my server is public, no other reason that I want to run tournament mode, and I like to use NS2Stats for matches so that we have the record on NS2Stats.org and also we are meant to use it according to the ENSL rules in all official matches.

So, for me at least, the best solution would be to have DAK recognise NS2Stats tournament mode and disable autoconcede and tournamentmode plugins. I guess an admin command for disabling autoconcede would also work.

Edit: Further to my previous post I've just noticed that sv_rcon cyclemap doesn't actually change the map, it just triggers a map vote, so cyclemap is being affected by the mapvote or automapcycle plugins it seems.
    For special maps only in the mapvote, you can create a entry in your mapcycle.json file that is tittled votemaps instead of maps, and put any mapvote only maps in there.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->"maps": [ { "map": "ns2_veil", "mods": [ ] },
        { "map": "ns2_tram", "mods": [ ] },
                     { "map": "ns2_docking", "mods": [ ] } ],
    "votemaps": [ { "map": "ns2_summit", "mods": [ ] },
        { "map": "ns2_mineshaft", "mods": [ ] } ]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

The cyclemap command would trigger a mapvote, which is by design currently.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    so far this version is running fine and I have not noticed any odd behavior.
    <!--quoteo(post=0:date=Jan 22 2013, 04:06 PM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Jan 22 2013, 04:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The cyclemap command would trigger a mapvote, which is by design currently.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Roger that.
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    Hi guys.

Just installed Dak yesterday by putting it in the LUA,

Everything works great however for some reason in the Dakconfig file I removed the voterandom/Votesurrender and every map change it comes back.

I've tried shutting server off, then edit file and save and start server but it comes right back.

And also some reason end of round map votes comes up too even though it's not on the kpluginList.

Any ideas?
    Are you removing the mapvote, votesurrender and voterandom from the KPluginsList in DAKConfig.json when the server is not running?
  • CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2065723:date=Jan 23 2013, 07:05 PM:name=CoTTon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoTTon @ Jan 23 2013, 07:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065723"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've tried shutting server off, then edit file and save and start server but it comes right back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes I have
    What line are you loading it from in server.lua? And what does your sv_listplugins show?
    Hey xDragon,

How would you feel about removing the decimal places from the countdown timers? Sometimes on my server I see "Round will begin after 9.99467382345 seconds"!
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    Anyone else had weird behavior from the random plugin? teams went like 5 v 14 at some point and each time someone tried to f4 it instantly placed them back into aliens somehow x_x
    Generally i had most places that used countdowns round to only 1 decimal, was there a specific plugin that did that?

And regarding the random plugin, it doesnt check for balanced teams when assigning players - while it shouldnt cause an issue its probable that in some odd cases it can - ill fix that.
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    That would be awesome, cool thx.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2065723:date=Jan 23 2013, 07:05 PM:name=CoTTon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoTTon @ Jan 23 2013, 07:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065723"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi guys.

Just installed Dak yesterday by putting it in the LUA,

Everything works great however for some reason in the Dakconfig file I removed the voterandom/Votesurrender and every map change it comes back.

I've tried shutting server off, then edit file and save and start server but it comes right back.

And also some reason end of round map votes comes up too even though it's not on the kpluginList.

Any ideas?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We're having the exact same problem on our server. We've tried removing entries from kpluginslist, shutting down the server, uploading the altered config, and starting the server. DAK restores the old config.
    edited January 2013
    Can you post a copy of the lines from DAKConfig right by and including kPluginList?
    Also can you post the log file from when the server loads initially? Mainly just the lines regarding Loading/Saving DAKConfiguration.
    Oh and are you using any custom plugins?

Actually I think I found the issue causing this, I will try to release an update tonight with the fix.