Gorgeous speculation

12346»

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I dont think it collapesable,
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    thefonz wrote: »
    I found a video:
    DISCLAIMER: This was modded in! It's non-official and what is seen may not reflect the final product.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q2CEVEhUKIk

Bad! Bad dog! I know its out there but let's not bring it to light even more. I want to save all my awe for the gorgeous update.
    long-tailed-weasel-0300.jpg
    That's a pretty funny looking dog.
    ;)
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Hey, is this a fake?
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    No, it's a mod that exposed unfinished assets that were added in a patch.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does it really draw a big ass circle around the target so you know where to aim? -_-

I'm hoping that's not going to be there in the final version.. just put a crosshair on it ffs
  • Crumbling EgoCrumbling Ego Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164692Members
    Does it really draw a big ass circle around the target so you know where to aim? -_-

I'm hoping that's not going to be there in the final version.. just put a crosshair on it ffs

That's always been there.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    Rellik_pt wrote: »

awesome, gorge tunnels are real :D

hugh plz release the trailer before the update - whats the point of watching the trailer when I can play the game? :P

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2013
    schkorpio wrote: »
    Rellik_pt wrote: »

hugh plz release the trailer before the update - whats the point of watching the trailer when I can play the game? :P
    But, isn't it way more awesome to do both at the same time :P
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Better for PR to be able to bundle the trailer and the release in the same news story. Makes it more likely to hit the gaming sites than either of them by themselves.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    From the sound of how it might be done I'd probably just set up gorge tunnels as a sort of hive teleport anyways. That sounds like the safest use anyways. At least covering hives that aren't natural expansions will finally be less of a nightmare.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited February 2013
    i thoguht the babblers were supposed to be an ability for crags, not sure i like the gorge/babblers thing.

i can see gorge tunnels being seriously op, i mean i cant remember the last game where a gorge tunnel was needed tbh, its easy to move about and cover ground quickly as a skulk, i think this gorge tunnel thing is going to be seriously op unless its restricted to gorges only.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm scared of gorge tunnels, tbh. They sound like a huge liability... marines kill a hive with arcs, then just send the arcs right on through to the other side of the tunnel into the next hive...

Unless you can collapse the tunnel or something, then they could be a cool little trap
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    I'm scared of gorge tunnels, tbh. They sound like a huge liability... marines kill a hive with arcs, then just send the arcs right on through to the other side of the tunnel into the next hive...

Unless you can collapse the tunnel or something, then they could be a cool little trap

The idea that marines can use something to their advantage, while the aliens have absolutely no way of destroying it, does bother me a little.

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It pisses me off that rines can use them, it will always lead to a hive
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    an option to turn on/off shells ejecting from Marine weps and quality/amount adjust :)
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
    It pisses me off that rines can use them, it will always lead to a hive

So screw with them a few times and set the other end so that they fall into crevice or lava. Or if they are collapsable and kill everything inside, just do that a few times. Since we don't know how they work, it is kind of poibtless to worry about them now. They could end up being terrible for marines.
    edited February 2013
    Gorges should certainly be able to unmake their tunnels, it would be crazy to have absolutely no way to alleviate a bad placement. What if the marines take over an area but intentionally leave the infestation and tunnel in place? Destroying a tunnel should eject players inside rather than kill them though. Otherwise a tunnel would always get destroyed the instant an exo stepped inside it.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Zek wrote: »
    Gorges should certainly be able to unmake their tunnels, it would be crazy to have absolutely no way to alleviate a bad placement. What if the marines take over an area but intentionally leave the infestation and tunnel in place? Destroying a tunnel should eject players inside rather than kill them though. Otherwise a tunnel would always get destroyed the instant an exo stepped inside it.
    Its a high risk/high reward scenario. It provides the exo a quick way to move to the next hive but with the chance of dying. I think that's a fair trade-off.
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

Its a high risk/high reward scenario. It provides the exo a quick way to move to the next hive but with the chance of dying. I think that's a fair trade-off.

All it would take is one alien witnessing the exo entering the tunnel, or inside the tunnel, to notify his gorge buddy on the other side to shut it down. I don't see how entering the tunnel would ever be worth the risk for a 75 res exo. Also, what if the newb marine on your team shows up and kills the entrance while the exo is inside? I just don't see much of an upside to it. Inserting themselves into the middle of alien territory isn't even necessarily a desirable thing for an exo.
  • Lt. LizardLt. Lizard Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167595Members
    edited February 2013
    Eh simply make tunnel collapse not instant and requiring a bit of time (like recycling marine buildings) while alerting anyone inside that the tunnel is going down, by...say tremors or quaking walls.

Problem solved.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    Lt. Lizard wrote: »
    Eh simply make tunnel collapse instant, but something that takes some time (like recycling marine buildings) while alerting anyone inside that the tunnel is going down, by...say tremors or quaking walls.

Problem solved.

or the tunnel slowly colapses from the end that is closed off, so you have to try to get out before you get crushed.
  • evil fluffyevil fluffy Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162627Members
    schkorpio wrote: »
    Lt. Lizard wrote: »
    Eh simply make tunnel collapse instant, but something that takes some time (like recycling marine buildings) while alerting anyone inside that the tunnel is going down, by...say tremors or quaking walls.

Problem solved.

or the tunnel slowly colapses from the end that is closed off, so you have to try to get out before you get crushed.

This would be awesome to see honestly imagine a bunch of skulks fighting marines inside start losing. Skulks "we can't stop them gorge break it down!" 0 res skulks keep marines occupied as the tunnel starts to collapse. I wouldn't mind being a marine in this situation mainly for the awe factor of seeing death incoming in that form.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The easiest solution probably is, to push every player out of the tunnel when 1 entrance is destroyed. Just push them out the remaining entrance and disallow entering until a new 2nd entrance is placed.

But man, I can't wait to lure marines into my tunnel, carefully placing the exit at the crevice first. :D
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    ho ho ho, I can already see myself placing a few whips at one of the tunnel entrances - nice slap in the face for the marines.
  • L34DL34D Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63280Members
    ho ho ho, I can already see myself placing a few whips at one of the tunnel entrances - nice slap in the face for the marines.

Maybe the commander can drop some whips/crags in those tunnels. I see that the gorge can build stuff in there. Maybe the commander too?
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    I am greatly curious if or how a commander will be able to view the tunnel. Will every map just have some tunnel sitting to the side in the void for viewing or are both side's units on their own til they exit?
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't think the commander will be able to see into it, and this is probably a good thing. Otherwise it would be far too easy to collapse it when a marine went inside.

Having to move to some random 'box' on the minimap with a tunnel inside would probably look a little rediculous.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited February 2013

Talking about whips, is it just me or do they seem too good at hitting back nades?

If we as players have to put up with nades bouncing off everything all the time which is pretty annoying i can't see how these whips can magically hit them back so well all the time, really though id like to see nades not bounce off of marines and surfaces so easily.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Magneto wrote: »

Talking about whips, is it just me or do they seem too good at hitting back nades?

If we as players have to put up with nades bouncing off everything all the time which is pretty annoying i can't see how these whips can magically hit them back so well all the time, really though id like to see nades not bounce off of marines and surfaces so easily.

The nade physics are pretty wonky