Gorgeous speculation

Comments

• CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Is that Hugh in the front of the picture? The resemblance is remarkable.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Is that Hugh in the front of the picture? The resemblance is remarkable.
    Charlie
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    Filming some combat on Descent today for the Gorgeous Trailer. We often turn the HUD off ("r_gui false" in console) to make the shots cleaner / more trailer like. Of course, this means not having a crosshair. So, Blue-Tac sniping time! (Or, in this case, sticky label sniping!)

858392_10151324354778105_1624144831_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/NaturalSelection2
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    lol you guys should make the tazer an Admin only weapon. Whoever you tase then gets kicked off the server :P
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hahahaha! Epic Thread.

Wasnt the tazer the initial weapon that would occupy both the hatchet and the pistol space? Cant remember that far back
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It was gunna be in the game yeah but dropped because if it practical uses. I mean imagine tring to control a riot of oni with a taser, you would end up with a horn somewhere it shouldn't.
  • MilaniumMilanium Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176388Members
    I suspect everything will look great on screenshots and my FPS will drop even more :(
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited February 2013
    NS2_Taser_with_notes.jpg

That Taser design actually looks really cool. I would love to run around stunning skulks and fades and the like.
  • WhiteWolf22WhiteWolf22 Join Date: 2009-08-21 Member: 68559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Ah awesome Hugh, you guys are releaseing that bit of info? This was the concept art for that particular piece of gear:
    Fan_Art_Skulk_Taser.jpg

Isn't that Psycho from the Crysis games? So, THAT's what he does in his spare time...
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    extollo wrote: »
    ...This was the concept art for that particular piece of gear...

Well that escalated quickly :|
    Tell that to the Skulk, he's not happy at all from what I can gather :P

Idk. looks pretty happy.

===

gorgeous will unite the community, bring cigars & scotch, and will lead to civil, meaningful on-line debate from our leather internet chairs.

no
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    Ah awesome Hugh, you guys are releaseing that bit of info? This was the concept art for that particular piece of gear:
    Fan_Art_Skulk_Taser.jpg

Great, now Marines get a new weapon and an upgrade for it. With the Skulk attachment, does the Taser still have it's ranged component or is it melee only? Do the shock and bite stack for damage?

:p
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-dlc-for-natural-selection-ii-is-gorgeous-245927.phtml

^^ Hamza came by our office and we gave him some facts about Gorgeous... Enjoy!
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited February 2013
    245927-head.jpg
    Giant MACs? What are those?!

Are they just map decorations?
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    maybe the can anal probe gorge tunnels
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Attention gaming journalists: free content patches should not be called DLC
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Zek wrote: »
    Is it downloaded? Yes
    Is it content? Yes

Just because most companies make you pay for it doesn't mean the term DLC is not apt. /semantics
  • WhiteWolf22WhiteWolf22 Join Date: 2009-08-21 Member: 68559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    LOL there truly are babblers! I am really curious how this and the gorge tunnels will change the gameplay.
  • luminalumina Join Date: 2012-06-15 Member: 153300Members
    Industry wrote: »
    Is it downloaded? Yes
    Is it content? Yes

Just because most companies make you pay for it doesn't mean the term DLC is not apt. /semantics

Wait, you are saying we can download this? I have been working all week on coding these changes into my game. What a waste.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zek wrote: »
    Is it downloaded? Yes
    Is it content? Yes

It's usually implied that DLC is paid for unless otherwise specified. They should at least have said "Free DLC" in the headline.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    That fade looks funny, bit like the original Alien from the movie-series:

gD1zHqri72Z5ZQp_attwwrUpCcV8TPupJejB7Q3Pbus-noscale.jpg
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    edited February 2013
    It seems more awesome than I imagined. Babbler shields? Aliens popping like watermelons from Railgun hits. My God. That obese MAC-like thingie, I hope it's not a prop but a replacement for the ARC model. Would be so nice. ARC's always looked out-of-place anyway...

EDIT: Is that a female Marine up on that billboard by the way?
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    What are these new MAC things? And what is that structure. Surely this is also a big addition to the game?
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Xarius wrote: »
    What are these new MAC things? And what is that structure. Surely this is also a big addition to the game?

Those are just props.

• NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members

Those are just props.
    Source?

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    On the human side, the mech unit is getting a new weapon in the form of a rail gun. You can simply shoot off small bolts, and holding the trigger for a charge will obliterate smaller enemies. Like, literally. Unknown Worlds has added a new disintegration effect and you'll see enemies like the Gorge just explode like a watermelon getting hit with a hammer.

Oh lol!
  • L34DL34D Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63280Members
    edited February 2013
    Watermelon gorgy. Hell yeah. Man i want this patch now! :D Hope it gets released this week. So much stuff in it.

Those are just props.
    Sure? Because more in the background theres another one. And its flying. I dont think it sticks to the wall behind. cO
    Namm wrote: »

Those are just props.
    Source?

Notice the one fastened to the ceiling. Not to mention they do not aesthetically match the marines theme (red, rounded)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Koruyo wrote: »
    On the human side, the mech unit is getting a new weapon in the form of a rail gun. You can simply shoot off small bolts, and holding the trigger for a charge will obliterate smaller enemies. Like, literally. Unknown Worlds has added a new disintegration effect and you'll see enemies like the Gorge just explode like a watermelon getting hit with a hammer.

Oh lol!

Evil!
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If those are map decorations, lets hope they're made in such a way that someone can swap them in to replace the EXO and MAC.. cause those new robots look amazing.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yea I suppose them being descent props makes sense, though it's really sad since marines could really use some new toys too, and not just some shitty new weapon on a platform that isn't competitive anyway.