Welcome back, everyone!

Comments

• IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Seems a lot of my misgivings have been fixed. Only one left is that signatures feel like they are just floating there. Some of them I find myself reading only to realize that is isn't part of the post.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts on the new web-site here. I'm going to get rid of the big new blue bar at the top first...

Reminds me of the battle.net board Blizzard has. makes me wonder what else is in your sleeves as far as integration with the game...

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    edited January 2013
    OK now I see that the quote buttons n stuff are on top of the post instead of the bottom. This is why I quoted the wrong post earlier. Any way these could be moved as it is a bit confusing for those of us who have used forums for years and developed muscle memory for where the buttons are. lol

Bug: if you post a replay on a page other than last it will show up for you at the end of that page although in reality it is not actually located there.
  • GommeGomme Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149208Members
    loving it! Especially the community tab with new notifications on the side. Awesome job
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    edited January 2013
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7
    l、 ~ヽ
    じしf_, )ノ [GK]
    my old signature doesnt work anymore :'(

what happend to the signatures anyway? everything looks like a giant mess of links and text blocks when i want to change it.
    the rest is very well done guys :D
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I just tried accessing the site via my mobile chrome browser. It said there was a warning and I had to use the desktop version of the site. Might be an issue.
  • GeENiEGeENiE Join Date: 2002-06-09 Member: 740Members, Constellation
    edited January 2013
    Loving the new site/ forums!

Oh yeh! 10years badge! Very cool
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Forum changes are always a bit weird at first. But it looks great actually.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    It's kind of crazy to think about, but we've been using the old forums for a decade. A change after 10 years would normally put most people off, but I must say, I'm impressed. I really like the 'agree' and 'awesome' features. I'd even like an option to somehow enter a thread and instantly take a look at the posts with the most agrees/awesomes. It would be very helpful when entering a twelve page thread debating balance.

Well done guys.

Disagree!

Just joking, well done and well worth the effort! Alot friendlier to mobile browsers too!

Edit: seems i cant access the forums overview page: forums.unknownworlds.com gives me error message "whoops page not found".

The only way to access forums is by directly goong into subcategories like "discussion".

Browser is Safari iOS 6.01
  • SataniacSataniac Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158862Members
    I like the new style a lot! :)
  • radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17261Members, Vanilla
    Mobile version has been fixed!
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    do we get the old signature editing part back ? or will the new one improve ? right now its a mess :/
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    Its like a brand new toy!.... Oh FYI the site map should be called the "Phase network", just saying ! XD
  • badmoonbadmoon Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7212Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nice. Overdue for some of these changes I think!

My original account and icons have never been working though.
  • badmoonbadmoon Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7212Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, thanks for the email about getting the 100 comments badge.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    As much as I hate change in general, the website looks very nice now.

What do the disagree/agree/awesome buttons do? Highlight posts?
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I always find it amazing how long it takes to get really used to a new interface. Not that this is bad, but just that it takes some time getting used to since I'm so used to the old one.
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17261Members, Vanilla
    edited January 2013
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Features I even didn't know about :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2013
    Love the style!
    My only feedback: The height of the rows for the threads and in the actual threads, are far too tall.
    It takes up way too much space, and just results in scrolling more. It feels like i am zoomed in, basically, reading fewer posts at a time, less fitting on screen.

Oh and the page numbers are really easy to miss. Maybe a bolder outline?
    Annnddd finally each post looks like the darker bar containing the time/date should include both the time and date (not just date) as well as continue on through the avatar portion on the left, or in some way better distinguish the boundaries between posts. Its hard at first to tell who i am clicking "quote" or "agree" on exactly.. Had to play some trial and error first.

edit: oh and how to "full edit" and not just "quick edit" ?
    2nd edit: edit notification in bright red looks like a mod did it hehe
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    TimMc wrote: »
    As much as I hate change in general,...

You must be really bad at Natural Selection :)
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    While the new style somewhat resembles that of Blizzard's battle.net, it is true to the art style of the TSF in game. Not to mention the dark background is easy on the eyes. I like it.

Would love to see some improvements to forum navigation, though.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    TimMc wrote: »
    As much as I hate change in general,...

You must be really bad at Natural Selection :)

lol people get angry at me because I usually argue for the status quo in the ideas forum - against what I consider to be flawed ideas.
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    @TimMc ^^ Like that? ;)

lol yep. :)

• TriggermanTriggerman Graphic Artist Join Date: 2004-11-10 Member: 32724Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    I think it looks great! Glad to be rid of the phpBB style forum that is everywhere too. But I got some suggestions.
    • I wouldn't mind a bit better scroll-performance with middle-mouse button held down. Compared to other sites, it's a bit sluggish for whatever reason. And no my computer is not that bad since I've never encountered that anywhere else.
    • Maybe of a 1px border of (relatively) bright color at the top of each post would help distinguish them from each other.
    • Where's the bulletin-list option in the reply window? I had to look up the BBCode to even make this, but I think it's handy enough to be added to the reply-interface.

And if I could perhaps suggest a feature that another indie-dev company used?
    They had another button besides Reply/Quote which allowed you to directly message someone in that thread which was not visible to anyone else. It works like a PM but it's much more accessible. This allowed people to keep heated discussions or out-of-topic posts from the public eye, which in turn only helps to keep a topic on track. This helped those guys out and since forums are benign to be filled with negativity by default it just made sense.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Can we get rid of the "Can't login? You may need to reset your password. Forum only feedback? Please post it here. Website feedback? That is in here." ???

Most or everyone is computer knowlegible here so.
  • BluePhishBluePhish Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24364Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    This seems to be the perfect mix between social aspects and forum fun.
    9 years in this forum, and this is perfect!
  • Delta1Delta1 Join Date: 2009-08-01 Member: 68326Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    All i can say is 'ooo SHINY'
    Looks alot more up to date so to speak