Welcome back, everyone!

FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds EntertainmentSan Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
Please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts on the new web-site here. I'm going to get rid of the big new blue bar at the top first...

Comments

• ChalarieChalarie Join Date: 2012-05-03 Member: 151459Members
    I like it! It will take a bit of time to get used to, but overall it is very pleasing. Wonderful job!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Awesome forums are awesome :)
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    It'll take some time to get use to. Me no like change in life.
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2013
    Forums look amazing, I just wish when I clicked on the "general" forums button on the index the subforums contained within were already somewhat expanded with their respective latest post.
    7vrvYTz.jpg
  • Brad_RBrad_R pandas | brad Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8273Members, Constellation
    having to click general twice to get to this forum is kind of annoying. thats about it i guess.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Looks good. Now to learn where all the buttons wandered off to.
  • ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Nice! Thanks for your work UWE!
  • MrChokeMrChoke Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 174990Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its awesome. Great job.
  • ChalarieChalarie Join Date: 2012-05-03 Member: 151459Members
    Brad_R wrote: »
    having to click general twice to get to this forum is kind of annoying. thats about it i guess.
    It has always been that way, actually.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    I've decided to change my profile picture due to the new photogenic badge, I thought this one was appropriate.
  • StriderNS2StriderNS2 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175867Members
    Very Blizzardy. Although I like the new look the forum navigation was a lot better before.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    You can bookmark this page if you want the old layout http://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    Website/Forum: "I'm sexy and I know it"
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
  • revo_phxrevo_phx Join Date: 2010-10-27 Member: 74626Members
    Awesome work! Really!
    One Question though: Is it possible to change the color of "webbed" (pinned) Topics? Background or Titlecolor?
  • LunosLunos Join Date: 2009-08-18 Member: 68518Members
    Very nice! Looking forward to checking out the new features!
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Website looks great, not entirely sure about these forums though.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    As far as I can tell, still missing a "What's New" section. It should just list every new post, the first 3-4 lines of it with a "see more" button that opens the thread/post in a new tab.

i like reading what people post. i just can't be bothered to open every interesting thread and look for new posts, I can't be the only one.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's sort of hard to see where the "webbed"/stickied posts end and where the new posts begin.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited January 2013
    I haven't had time to check out all the nooks and crannies, but it's visually astounding. I lack the words to describe what a transformation the site has undergone.

I find the whole badge system a bit eyebrow-raising. Only time will tell if it's for better or worse.
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    I haven't had time to check out all the nooks and crannies, but it's visually astounding. I lack the words to describe what a transformation the site has undergone.

I find the whole badge system a bit eyebrow-raising. Only time will tell if it's for better or worse.

Well. People have been asking for achievements .. :)

"badges? we don't need no stinking ..."
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    It's kind of crazy to think about, but we've been using the old forums for a decade. A change after 10 years would normally put most people off, but I must say, I'm impressed. I really like the 'agree' and 'awesome' features. I'd even like an option to somehow enter a thread and instantly take a look at the posts with the most agrees/awesomes. It would be very helpful when entering a twelve page thread debating balance.

Well done guys.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    I really like what I see, the only thing that bothers me outside of some of the navigation issues is that the webbed topics don't feel separated from the rest. That tiny divider that was present in the previous forums will be missed. R.I.P. Divider old friend.

Also updating my avatar so I can feel flashy and new as well.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    I love the ability to mark things as 'awesome' or 'agree,' only thing I'd consider adding is a 'disagree' or something along those lines. A lot of posts can get pretty ranty and off topic, it'd be nice to have a way to filter those out to get to the real meat of the thread.

edit: Actually, just saw the Flag button allows you to flag stuff as trolling. not a bad idea but I worry about the intention there, does that mean that it's so troll-worthy that it should be deleted? or just that it's not contributing to the discussion so people should avoid reading it?
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    Davil doesn't have a playtester icon anymore? Gotta say LOVE the changes already.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited January 2013
    Found an issue: The "Store" button leads to an unknownworlds.com 404. Should link to Steam, since I don't think we sell anywhere else.

Edit: Game Guide also 404s (it could if nothing else link to the official NS2 intro videos or the NS2 wiki). Also, going to parts of the website outside of the forums asks you to log in again. Do the forums and site have separate login statuses?
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Wow, I like this new forum. Very shiny :D
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    PaLaGi wrote: »
    Davil doesn't have a playtester icon anymore? Gotta say LOVE the changes already.

There are a few bugs that need ironing out, one of which is the icons setup. No doubt we'll get these things sorted in due time. It's been a huge amount of work just getting this far!

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17261Members, Vanilla
    Found an issue: The "Store" button leads to an unknownworlds.com 404. Should link to Steam, since I don't think we sell anywhere else.

Edit: Game Guide also 404s (it could if nothing else link to the official NS2 intro videos or the NS2 wiki). Also, going to parts of the website outside of the forums asks you to log in again. Do the forums and site have separate login statuses?

Fixed the Store and Game Guide links. There seem to be a couple of issues with the login widget, we'll be fixing that in the coming days.