DAK Server Admin Mod

Comments

• CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    Cool.

Please keep is informed.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Excellent, thank you xDragon.

I should also note that none of our admins are able to use sv_kick and sv_ban while DAK is running on our server. This is not an issue if DAK is disabled. We have to use the web admin for kicking and banning, which has its own issues.

I'll note that we load DAK via server.lua, and we do not use baseadmincommands plugin. Any ideas on how to solve this?
    It's because you don't have the based admin command plugin turned on...
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    We had the same issue with it turned on. I will however turn it on and play around with the banned command entries.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    This should be updated on workshop and github now, I made some changes in the logging for admin commands (if your using logging) to fix an issue, thats really the only thing that I think could be causing sv_kick/ban to fail without the baseadmincommands plugin.

Your able to use DAK without its baseadmin plugin, it will then just use the default ServerAdminCommands from NS2.

Do you get any error or just Player Not Found?
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Just put the latest on my server, I 'll let you know if I get any strange things happening.

BTW, I see the EN file is missing from this release. Does DAK not use this file anymore? I see it refrenced in the DAKConfig still just above the plugin list
    New patch works great.

No issues so far

But yeah did need to reupload the en.json file.

Is there a way we can have more than one scrolling messages?

Eg: 5 mins it will do scrolling message A then 5 mins later will do scrolling message B then 5 mins later C etc.

Also we are not really sure what these lines means. And the read me isnt that clear either.

"kMOTDMessagesPerTick":
    "kMOTDMessageRevision":

"kMessageStartDelay":
    "kMessagesPerTick":
    "kMessageTickDelay":

Thanks
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2067036:date=Jan 27 2013, 12:27 AM:name=CoTTon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoTTon @ Jan 27 2013, 12:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067036"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->New patch works great.

No issues so far

But yeah did need to reupload the en.json file.

Is there a way we can have more than one scrolling messages?

Eg: 5 mins it will do scrolling message A then 5 mins later will do scrolling message B then 5 mins later C etc.

Also we are not really sure what these lines means. And the read me isnt that clear either.

"kMOTDMessagesPerTick":
    "kMOTDMessageRevision":

"kMessageStartDelay":
    "kMessagesPerTick":
    "kMessageTickDelay":

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lets say you have 10 messages, "A", "B", "C", "D", "E" and so on.

If you have kMOTDMessagesPerTick set at 4, and kMOTDMessageRevision set at 1,

Upon connecting to the server, the player will see this in chat:
    Admin: A
    Admin: B
    Admin: C
    Admin: D

About 3 seconds later, the next 4 will come in.
    Admin: E
    Admin: F
    Admin: G
    Admin: H

And the next 3 seconds later (next tick), the remaining messages will come in
    Admin: I
    Admin: J

Now if the player says "acceptmotd", the server will save it that the player does not want to view this particular version (version 1 in this case - kMOTDMessageRevision) of the motd anymore.

If you update your message with for example an important notice for your MOTD, then you need to increment kMOTDMessageRevision so that players who have previously accepted the motd will see this new notice again. They will have to say acceptmotd again to dismiss this message and prevent it from coming up on future joins.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The file EN.json is no longer required. However if you wanted to customize the default messages for users, you would want to make a copy of Default.json, renamed it to EN (or whatever you set your default language as), and change the messages there accordingly. You can also make additional copies should you wish to support multiple languages (EN, GB, FR etc.).
  • Silent262Silent262 Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160267Members
    edited January 2013
    With the latest Git version, every time I alter the Default.json, it is rewritten upon server restart. I am completely unable to change my MOTD because of this. Any thoughts?

PS: When I change my default language to something else (in DAKConfig.json) the MOTD Strings are still the same.
    You will want to copy Default.json and rename it to EN (or whatever language you want) .json. From there you would edit that file, changing the default language in DAKConfig if necessary. You will also want to make sure that the language is specified in the load string for languages in DAKConfig if you use one other than EN.
  • Silent262Silent262 Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160267Members
    edited January 2013
    I followed the above, and I am still having the issue. I even tried to only load the EN file.

Also, my server does not run the mapvote, and the map just cycles.
    If you leave these two settings as default (shown below), copy and rename the Default.json file in the config_path/lang folder to EN.json, and edit the messages there, it should work.
    "kDefaultLanguage": "EN",
    "kLanguageList": [ "EN", "Default" ],

As for the mapvote bug, I have updated DAK with a fix for that and a couple other little bugs on workshop/github.
  • SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    edited January 2013
    " sv_surrendervote: <teamnumber> Will start a surrender vote for that team."

ive tried to get this going a couple times, maybe im miss formatting it, or maybe im just thinking its something its not?

Which is something along the lines of a yes no surrender vote? Could you englighten me plx :D
    I noticed that DAK no longer list the activated plugins in the server console upon server start. Was there an issue with that and it was taken out?
    sv_surrendervote should work just like someone on that team typing surrender, thats all.

It no longer lists plugins on startup since I changed how plugins are loaded somewhat, but sv_listplugins lists the active plugins (and any with an issue).
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    xDragon, the mod keeps overwriting the text in MOTD and MESSAGES on every map change.
    delete the folder that's called lang I think in your appdata ns2 folder and then adjust the message in your messages config. That's all I did and my message is what I want it to be. I have not however edited the MOTD so I can't help you on that one. After you start the server it should re-create that lang folder and the file inside should reflect what you specify for the message.
    published a small update to fix surrender and afkkick plugins. Also as a note the sv_killserver command is back and does work again
    Cools, I'll upload it to my server after work today! THANKS!
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2067828:date=Jan 28 2013, 08:51 PM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Jan 28 2013, 08:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067828"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->published a small update to fix surrender and afkkick plugins. Also as a note the sv_killserver command is back and does work again<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is there any way to have sv_killserver not cause the crash dialog to appear? It prevents my batch file from re-running the server again. :/
    I think you can disable that via windows, but it was just by luck i found that crash so meh idk about finding another one.
    Alright! Can I check if the Badges plugin requires Huze's admin badges mod to be on the server as well? Or are they mutually exclusive??

May I know if there is documentation on the use of
    kUnBanSubmissionURL
    kBanSubmissionURL
    kBansQueryURL

ServerAdmin.kQueryURL

?
    edited January 2013
    The badges plugin requires Huze's badges mod to be installed. It simply allows his mod to see admins that DAK queries from the web, which is what the ServerAdmin.kQueryURL is used for. If you just use admins setup in the ServerAdmin.json file, you wouldnt need to use the Badges plugin as Huze's mod would work fine already.

The other 3 currently are not used yet, but are planned to be used for quering a URL for a list of bans, and also for submitting bans and unbans to a URL.
    edited January 2013
    Alright, so what kQueryURL should point to is a webpage with a JSON output in a similar format to ServerAdmin.json?

Is there a known conflict between the Combat Mod and DAK?

It seems that they can't both work together on my server.

The mod ID listed last will take precedence:

-mods "... 5f42a0c 5f35045 5f4f178"
    MapCycle.json: "mods": [ "5f42a0c", "5f35045", "5f4f178" ],
    (DAK Listed last, DAK will load while Combat will not load)

-mods "... 5f42a0c 5f4f178 5f35045"
    MapCycle.json: "mods": [ "5f42a0c", "5f4f178", "5f35045" ],
    (Combat listed last, Combat will load while DAK will not load)

It might be worthy to note also that Huze's Admin Badges (5f42a0c) does not load on either of the above.
    edited January 2013
    Thats due to how combat and DAK load, since they both use game_setup to load their respective entry files. I have a workaround that would allow DAK to be loaded last and still load combat (or other mods that use game_setup also), but it requires kinda a hack method, so its something im still considering my options on.

Huze's badges mod still should load however since it overwrites a default NS2 file, and as such it should always be loaded.
    Aww man, such a waste! DAK would be the perfect complement to any server!
  • XSoldierXSoldier Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182624Members
    Sorry Dragon... posted in workshop like a dork.

I just implemented this on my server to test it, and was not allowed to login. I kept receiving the Invalid Data error..Once I removed the string posted in git in the sever.lua i was able to connect to my server.. thoughts?

I also just noticed you released a few updates since saturday (which is when i downloaded the mod)
    edited January 2013
    Hi Dragon, just wondering if it is possible to have a plugin which prints messages / opens a steam web browser based on the map.

Basically I am running a new custom maps server, where all the maps in the mapcycle are all custom maps. I want to give my clients an easy way to give feedback about the map they just played and want to either give them a url to do so or help them open a steam web browser (as ns2stats does on round end by typing 'check')

I'm sure other servers will have many uses for it too, such as a HTML MOTD (ala tf2)
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    xDragon wrote: »
    Thats due to how combat and DAK load, since they both use game_setup to load their respective entry files. I have a workaround that would allow DAK to be loaded last and still load combat (or other mods that use game_setup also), but it requires kinda a hack method, so its something im still considering my options on.

Huze's badges mod still should load however since it overwrites a default NS2 file, and as such it should always be loaded.

An option to do this would be great!