Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 233 is now live on Steam!

Comments

• herrsheimerherrsheimer Join Date: 2008-06-06 Member: 64403Members
    i got better fps with this build. Thanks for that!

But still need more optimizations :(
  • NSDigiNSDigi Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044079:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044079"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->It was indeed playtested and there were no performance issues detected ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->What did you play, a 3v3 on new PCs, never change hardware, and have a 2 minute game?! Come on, the whole point of a play tester is to beta test builds from ALL angles without a biased approach. If you don't have enough people I can see a whole community that would be willing to help ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2044079:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044079"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->... In case you missed it, some people are reporting a performance <b>increase</b> this build. The issues you and several others are experiencing are system-specific ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->People are reporting a performance decrease 2:1 on just this thread alone; I hear much more in game, <b>and</b> in person.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2044079:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM:name=Kallistrate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kallistrate @ Dec 11 2012, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044079"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->... Perhaps instead of complaining about it, you could make a constructive post in the tech support forum with your system specs?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->My posts were valid questions, and for further emphasis on the performance decrease; no where did I "complain". Furthermore, being a Systems Engineer I hardly require someone's assistance to troubleshoot my own PC ... <b>IF</b> there were even something wrong with it ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2044185:date=Dec 11 2012, 07:38 PM:name=NSDigi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NSDigi @ Dec 11 2012, 07:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->People are reporting a performance decrease 2:1 on just this thread alone; I hear much more in game, <b>and</b> in person.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->My posts were valid questions, and for further emphasis on the performance decrease; no where did I "complain". Furthermore, being a Systems Engineer I hardly require someone's assistance to troubleshoot my own PC ... <b>IF</b> there were even something wrong with it ...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Forum posts are not representative of the NS2 playerbase and anecdote's don't equal data. I don't doubt that some people are having worse performance this patch (likely related to the fog), but
    - UWE is always working on improving performance
    - Patches are frequent (1-3 weeks)
    - Performance improvements don't always work linearly (i.e. sometimes its two steps forward, one step backwards)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=2044185:date=Dec 12 2012, 03:38 AM:name=NSDigi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NSDigi @ Dec 12 2012, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you don't have enough people I can see a whole community that would be willing to help<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, it is extremely hard to find and retain good playtesters, despite a "whole community" that you say is willing to help. Contrary to popular belief, it is a hard, unrewarding process, painstakingly going over large lists of fixed and reported bugs, to test them and make sure they are fixed or find repro steps to help the programers fix them, and deal with broken builds that the public never sees, etc. etc. These people spend a lot of their free time, helping the development of the game FOR FREE, and are the reason why you get a build of the game where some of the biggest problems are some extra fog on the maps.

It certainly takes a lot less effort to come onto the forums and accuse the devs and the PTs of not doing their job, then it is to actually do the job.
    <!--quoteo(post=2044185:date=Dec 12 2012, 03:38 AM:name=NSDigi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NSDigi @ Dec 12 2012, 03:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->People are reporting a performance decrease 2:1 on just this thread alone; I hear much more in game, <b>and</b> in person.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Try and remember that everyone has a vast variety of systems that they are playing this game on, and therefore can experience vastly different results when it comes to optimization changes. It's great that people are leaving feedback in this thread, but we also are tracking performance statistics, and the numbers show that, overall, the average framerate in 233 is noticeably higher then in 232. So, yes, it is very likely that some people are experiencing worse performance, but many are getting better performance.

--Cory
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    fog off mini fix? :)
  • CanucckCanucck Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72987Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2044216:date=Dec 12 2012, 12:27 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 12 2012, 12:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try and remember that everyone has a vast variety of systems that they are playing this game on, and therefore can experience vastly different results when it comes to optimization changes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was fine before this patch, and now I get a slideshow when more than 8 players are in a room with SLI570s/4GHz 2500k/16gb/2x120gb SSD RAID0... With low settings on 1080x1920

If that can't do it than what can? Not to mention that hit detection still seems sketchy at best. Great game but if it can't nail down the basics than how far can it really get?
  • weeschweeweeschwee Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75031Members
    Unfortunately, this is the first build that has really affected my fps negatively. And it is massively worse. My fps go from an average of 70 to an average of 20 and sometimes around 15. During combat my fps dips to around 30 and assaulting a marine or alien base will take me down to the lowest every time. I've even tested this in combat mode where the game used to run its smoothest. The problem persists. The worst part is the inconsistency. Dropping from 70 to 15 fps makes the game comparable to a slideshow.

I'm running a core i7 860 @ 2.8 with 8G RAM and a 660ti on 64bit Windows 7. It has done wonderful for 127 hours of NS2 through the beta up until now.

Hopefully there is an easy fix for this. Maybe it's tied to the fog somehow, but I doubt it. I'm surprised it didn't come up in the play tests since so many people seem to be struggling here on the forum.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2044224:date=Dec 12 2012, 02:46 PM:name=Canucck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canucck @ Dec 12 2012, 02:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044224"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was fine before this patch, and now I get a slideshow when more than 8 players are in a room with SLI570s/4GHz 2500k/16gb/2x120gb SSD RAID0... With low settings on 1080x1920

If that can't do it than what can? Not to mention that hit detection still seems sketchy at best. Great game but if it can't nail down the basics than how far can it really get?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->As Cory mentioned, people play on vastly different machines. Some higher end computers struggle, and some lower end computers perform quite well. If you think your machine is performing poorer than it should, post in the tech support forum with your system specs.

That said, you could try lowering your resolution. 1920x1080 is a lot of pixels to draw for each frame. Try a lower resolution and you may see a dramatic improvement while waiting for optimization for your system.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • LilbitHeartlessLilbitHeartless Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172517Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044039:date=Dec 11 2012, 04:24 PM:name=Fappuchino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fappuchino @ Dec 11 2012, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's already been stated here that you can expect something in the new year. I'm pretty sure the big "content patches" aren't going to appear only a biweekly basis.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry I tried to make it clear in my post that I really don't mean they should be making huge changes constantly. I just mean small things a little more often. Like when I mentioned the fog problem, something got messed up in this patch that they already seem to have taken care of and are going to release in the next patch. So if they are going to keep releasing patches every 4 weeks or so, it just seems like a long time to wait for what sounds like something they already have taken care of.

I don't think this is going to cause massive amount of people to dump the game or anything, I've just enjoyed games that do changes weekly because I know obvious fixes will usually be addressed quickly. Say for instance someone comes and fixes my fridge, but when they do they mess up the ice dispenser, I call and they realize what had happened and tell me 'oh that's an easy fix, sorry about that, we'll be out there in a few weeks to fix it'. I don't even need ice, it's freakin winter, but I'd still be a bit disappointed in a company that took that long to fix my ice dispenser. But if they said they make house calls for fixes every week.. it would be annoying but eh, not too shabby.

But not sure how people in general feel about it, people on the forum are going to be the more invested ones which I'd guess are willing to wait. It's the people on the edge of becoming invested I want to get hooked in! :P
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    I can't speak for average FPS. That may in all likelyhood be better... but my FPS during combat has dropped slightly in the current patch.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=2044233:date=Dec 12 2012, 05:31 AM:name=LilbitHeartless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LilbitHeartless @ Dec 12 2012, 05:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044233"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just mean small things a little more often. Like when I mentioned the fog problem, something got messed up in this patch that they already seem to have taken care of and are going to release in the next patch. So if they are going to keep releasing patches every 4 weeks or so, it just seems like a long time to wait for what sounds like something they already have taken care of.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We are planning on releasing another patch next week. The length of time between 232 and 233 was mainly due to the devs being on break for the thanksgiving holiday, and getting some much needed rest from the sprint leading up to release, and the time after fixing and releasing patches.

However, that said, we are wanting to move to a patch schedule that is something closer to 3 weeks (unless there is a major problem that needs addressing sooner). Weekly patches are just not very sustainable, as we end up spending so much of our time testing and fixing and releasing each of those patches, making it difficult to work on new features.

--Cory
  • NSDigiNSDigi Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71503Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044216:date=Dec 11 2012, 10:27 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 11 2012, 10:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, it is extremely hard to find and retain good playtesters, despite a "whole community" that you say is willing to help ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->I disagree, you are only limited to your approach to the community. What is your means of communicating to us, right now, that you would like some play testers? Truthfully, I haven't seen <b>anything</b>, although I haven't been forcefully looking for it. The point here is, I'm a little more active in the community then the average player and I haven't been blasted about becoming a play tester or seen anything of the sorts. Put the word out there, more then just on the website and forums, and you'll have endless play testers.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2044216:date=Dec 11 2012, 10:27 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 11 2012, 10:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... Try and remember that everyone has a vast variety of systems that they are playing this game on, and therefore can experience vastly different results when it comes to optimization changes. It's great that people are leaving feedback in this thread, but we also are tracking performance statistics, and the numbers show that, overall, the average framerate in 233 is noticeably higher then in 232. So, yes, it is very likely that some people are experiencing worse performance, but many are getting better performance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->How are these statistics gathered and what is? There are A LOT of things that can skew your numbers that are most likely not being filtered on. Big one would be idle ready room players; I know I get more than <b>double</b> the frame rate in the RR vs. idle in an active game, and maybe quadruple vs. in a fight. Statistics can be far from the truth, especially when there are numbers at extreme ends.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044243:date=Dec 12 2012, 05:03 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 12 2012, 05:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044243"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are planning on releasing another patch next week. The length of time between 232 and 233 was mainly due to the devs being on break for the thanksgiving holiday, and getting some much needed rest from the sprint leading up to release, and the time after fixing and releasing patches.

However, that said, we are wanting to move to a patch schedule that is something closer to 3 weeks (unless there is a major problem that needs addressing sooner). Weekly patches are just not very sustainable, as we end up spending so much of our time testing and fixing and releasing each of those patches, making it difficult to work on new features.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The implementation of new features...please let us finally be out of lock down.

I will settle for a month of no patches to allow you guys to start working on finishing off 3rd hive abilities for aliens....maybe the old hive teleport off spurs or shifts....maybe we might see gorge webs.

I for one endorse longer delays so you guys can work on some of the goodies that didn't make launch, unless you make some huge gains in performance...roll up some of the smaller improvements into one patch.
  • fivesevenfiveseven Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173272Members
    Perhaps a webbed post in the modding and mapping forums would yield more good playtesters, im sure those guys know how to look for boundary conditions or map leaks in game? :)
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    I'm not willing to playtest for too many games. My experience in the past is that playtesting well is a lot of work. However, for NS2 I can have fun just crawling on the walls as a marine for several hours. And there's no other game I care about more. I'd playtest for NS2.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok, after playing 2 games, I can safely say that if I'm within a group of players, smallest being 3, once firing/biting occurs, it feels like tiny "micro-studders" are happening.

Even worse in higher numbers. Whatever changed in this build made it worse for me, as this HARDLY EVER occured in Build 232.

I've tried switching from Beta to Official releases of nvidia drivers, but no change has happened.

SPEC:

i5-3550 @ 3.3Ghz
    MSI nVidia GTX 660ti 2GB Driver Version: 310.70
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7, 64 Bit.
  • PinocchioPinocchio Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168633Members
    Still no problems with
    i7-920@3800MHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    Palit JetStream GTX680
    6GB DDR3@1600(CL8)
    BenQ XL2410T 120Hz

Thats only a first generation i7 so today i could play with slower, but newer Intel-CPU.
    A friend of mine plays with GTX580 and Q6600 and has no problems as well.

But nevertheless i hope they can lower the games requirements for minimum graphics. More players...more happy players...more epic moments with this great game!

The "names of other players" is a small but important thing, no need for teamspeak-talking to find and watch my friends fighting for our team.

But I still hope the big update next year is not too far away...
  • CicoCico Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33169Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2012
    Strange behaviour for me too.

The patch increased my performances a lot, i could touch the 118 fps spike running around a map following 2 skulks (the best i could do before was something like ~80, sometimes and only with noone in the view ) but i get a lot worse fps in combat/marine bases. usually dropped to 35 fps as worst, now i can go down to 20

<!--quoteo(post=2044216:date=Dec 12 2012, 05:27 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 12 2012, 05:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's great that people are leaving feedback in this thread, but we also are tracking performance statistics, and the numbers show that, overall, the average framerate in 233 is noticeably higher then in 232. So, yes, it is very likely that some people are experiencing worse performance, but many are getting better performance.

Average is better for sure. but 40 more fps when you have 70 is useless. 10 less when you have 30 is where you have to look.
    Do you guys see max and minimum fps stats too ?
  • FuNiOnZFuNiOnZ Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26112Members
    Used to run at 60 nearly all the time, endgame maybe dipped to 30-40 with a bunch of exo's tearing it up. Now, I get about 6-7fps at best endgame with exo's shooting...

i7-920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA E758-A1
    Sparkle 580GTX @ 1920x1200
    6GB DDR3 1600
    Intel X25 SSD
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2044216:date=Dec 12 2012, 04:27 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Dec 12 2012, 04:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044216"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try and remember that everyone has a vast variety of systems that they are playing this game on, and therefore can experience vastly different results when it comes to optimization changes. It's great that people are leaving feedback in this thread, but we also are tracking performance statistics, and the numbers show that, overall, the average framerate in 233 is noticeably higher then in 232. So, yes, it is very likely that some people are experiencing worse performance, but many are getting better performance.

Have you considered that people with bad FPS have simply stopped playing the game? Wouldn't that also increase your average framerate?
  • LapichonLapichon Join Date: 2005-01-17 Member: 36035Members
    Hey,
    This is not about performances.

I don't know if those bugs have already been reported:

in Refinery, when hive is containment, no further hive, the alien comm can get a drifter to appear directly from pipework by moving his view over the hive before clicking the "create drifter".
    That is, click containment hive, move your view over pipeworks, set a rally point somewhere in the south of the map (sometimes works elsewhere), click drifter.
    The drifter appears in pipeworks and goes pretty fast to the rally point since it musn't travel the whole map.

In refinery, when laying the upgrades, you have pillars against the wall, next to containment hive.
    If you put the spurs and such at the bottom of the wall, at the foot of a pillar, the building appears at the top of the pillar.
    Same issue as NS1 :) I got them sometimes also on the "hanging arms" of the hive.
    You need to get a good visual angle to do this (put the building in the exterior frame of your screen).

A player was called "S.Y.N.A.P.S.E" and I couldn't beacon him to base.
    We had Exos and JP, but he was carrying a jp.
    Could there be an "exo flag" that indicates not to teleport a player?
    If the player was to die in an exo, could that flag not be reset?
    Is dying the only way out of an exo? Can he have bought/picked up a jp from the commander?

GL with the "Game of the year" nomination :)
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2044290:date=Dec 12 2012, 06:38 AM:name=puzl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (puzl @ Dec 12 2012, 06:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044290"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Have you considered that people with bad FPS have simply stopped playing the game? Wouldn't that also increase your average framerate?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    good point
  • PinocchioPinocchio Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168633Members
    What I noticed right now is that i have equal or more fps with everything on than with everything off/low....
    Okay that means my cpu slows my graphicscard...:/
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    edited December 2012
    No, it's just a matter of the game offloading some of its resource use to the GPU. All the time in a CPU bottleneck situation you will get either equal or better framerate by enabling options that don't use up CPU at all such as texture resolution, AA and AF. For example in Source engine I get at least an extra 10 frames from just setting my AA to x16, that's a huge difference.
  • ZetsZets Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174881Members
    This patch broke my game. More buggs, even worse fps in all aspects. Waiting for that hotfix....
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2044360:date=Dec 13 2012, 12:03 AM:name=Zets)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zets @ Dec 13 2012, 12:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044360"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Waiting for that hotfix....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    funny guy
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2044360:date=Dec 12 2012, 02:33 PM:name=Zets)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zets @ Dec 12 2012, 02:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044360"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This patch broke my game. More buggs, even worse fps in all aspects. Waiting for that hotfix....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can you be more specific about the bugs please?
  • twostrokertwostroker Join Date: 2012-02-09 Member: 144573Members
    I have lost 15 to 20 fps in this patch

In summit ready room i had 175-180fps in 232
    now i get 160-170

in fights
    i had 60-80 in 232
    now i get 30 - 50

my spec

i7 2011 3.6mhz
    nvidia 560TI
    32gb ram
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    i'm back to pre-220 performance now, which is a good thing. The last 3 patches before this robbed me of 30fps and added severe hitching when i fights. Now i have those fps back and the hitching is somewhat mitigated by them.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2044360:date=Dec 12 2012, 07:33 AM:name=Zets)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zets @ Dec 12 2012, 07:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2044360"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This patch broke my game. More buggs, even worse fps in all aspects. Waiting for that hotfix....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gotta love 1st posts like this....

Maybe you could try and help speed up the hotfix if you explained what problems you're having.

Or you could never post back and let the devs just guess, which is what will probably happen.