Look what I found!

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    i fell in love when dragon said 'non knockdown stomp' as opposed to 'knockdown stomp'.
    That's the most unintuitive ability in the universe unless your above ground or get a jetpack i swear.
    that should be implemented in normal ns2 :(
  • Az0r_auAz0r_au Join Date: 2011-05-17 Member: 99218Members
    You should have got my $25 instead of Flayra. This is what NS2 should have been.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I could go on and on, but just wanted to share my first impressions and reiterate that if you were a fan of NS1, rest assured this mod delivers and you should be excited for it. I will likely be putting together a more detailed preview as I feel this mod should get some much deserved exposure before release.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That much is already done? I thought Dragons list was a feature list for the distant future.
    Preview videos? :D
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    just watched grissi's vid of it :o. Movement looks far far superior to UWE's by far (not just the bhop either).

Can't wait!
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Mate... Just wanted to say that a few of us aussies are absolutely in LOVE with this mod. I can safely say we'll be running 2-3 servers with this mod by tomorrow and I bet they will be packed out.

Great.. JUST GREAT WORK!!@!@!

I made a video of bhop on fade + skulk which i'll be uploading soon...

Once again.. fantastic work mate. You have given us ns1 players hope!
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    This thread is making me very moist keep up the solid work
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    Yea, would be pretty funny if this comes out before ns2 and still has better gameplay
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2012
    Ns 2 is the new NS_Combat, in the end more people will probably play it but at least us classic NS 1 fans (who appreciate true strategic choices and depth) will have a place to call home.
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    The most promising development in NS2 history.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    FYI.. here is a lil video of me bhopping on fade + skulk. Excuse the smashing into walls, I get very low fps when recording :( Game feels 1000x better with bhop...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhP3sBoOKg&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhP3sBoOKg...eature=youtu.be</a>
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Look at this guy, trying to bring back skill and good gameplay mechanics. Us NS2ers don't like your kind.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1982150:date=Sep 23 2012, 02:48 PM:name=male_fatalities)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (male_fatalities @ Sep 23 2012, 02:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982150"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FYI.. here is a lil video of me bhopping on fade + skulk. Excuse the smashing into walls, I get very low fps when recording :( Game feels 1000x better with bhop...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhP3sBoOKg&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhP3sBoOKg...eature=youtu.be</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I miss bunnyhop for aliens. Funny how fast that skulk goes though lol.
    The speed a bit intense. Full speed bhop and chuck in a leap takes U to speed 22. Def needs a cap...

celerity fade blink takes U to speed 20 if held down for a full second
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    Bhop fade is so elegant :)

Where do we play this ? need to play this more.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    teamArchaea.net | Classic
    Phoenix DS | Classic

Are both running the mod atm.
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1981872:date=Sep 23 2012, 01:00 AM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Sep 23 2012, 01:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1981872"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If your curious, heres the current code i use to create the 'bunnyhopping' that is currently in the mod:

[...]

Movement code like this is somewhat beyond what im very familiar with, so if you have any suggestions im open to them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Does this make you gain speed? I looks like it only implement some (complicated) air control to me, because you normalize and scale the result at the end:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->      
    local moveLengthXZ = velocity:GetLengthXZ()

[...]

redirectedVelocityX:Normalize()            
    redirectedVelocityX:Scale(moveLengthXZ)

VectorCopy(redirectedVelocityX,  velocity)<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

No?

Also looking at it I'm not totally sure it's fps independent, because it's not in the usual form: v(t+1) = v(t) + dt*F(v(t))
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is more a function of air control then a true strafe jump, however it does allow you to increase your velocity in a way consistent with bunny hopping. If you can design something that would work better I would be glad to use it, working with movement code like that is somewhat beyond what im familiar with.

As an FYI that code is implemented in the player:modifyvelocity function so that all classes share the same base movement
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    Playing ns2c - I miss walljump.

Its totally weird that you suddenly cant really touch walls as a creature that is made to climb walls. (i mean you can but you lose all speed, so its basically only to hide, ambush or get through vents in snail speed etc)

I think its really fun to make chainjumps on walls to gain speed and engage in combat.
    I really like this movement addition in ns2. (even tho its currently ###### up)

I would like to play a game with a good combo of both walljump and bunnyhop preferably in ns2 instead of this "ns1" clone mod.
  • eLboteLbot Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159229Members
    Trying to get my hands on the server files, last ones I see posted are from Apr 23'rd?

I'd be willing to pledge the resources for two, 18 slot servers for this - just let me get my hands on it so I can help generate more attention and feedback!!
    Warsow bhop + walljump is a good combo I would like to see
  • KartoshkaKartoshka Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm, when I try to join a server running this mod I get "Client and Server differ". I'm assuming there are some client side files needed? Can anyone give instructions on how to get this working, I'm really keen to try it out!!
    edited September 2012
    @koruyo

I don't see them removing pres for marines, tres and alien commander for kharra and they will def not remove sprint, increase base marine speed and add bhop.

I think another big problem is how does ns2c play on ns2 maps...

Even if just the movement mechanics were carried across to vanilla ns2 I would be happy.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Walljump for skulk is sorta broken atm in the mod, mainly since i removed any storing of momentum.. I do plan to re-add it back as a supplement to bhop however...
    Sounds great dragon.
  • weywey Cineastè Join Date: 2003-06-01 Member: 16910Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    This needs a proper thread at the very least. People will not pay attention to a thread called "Look what I found!". Would be awesome if this replaces normal NS2 in the competitive scene as soon as everything works OK
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Do any of the existing maps have any vertical sweetspots where you could really demonstrate the midair movement? It would be really wonderful to see how the movement flows in something like ns_tanith.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=121063&st=20&p=1981603&#entry1981603" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...p;#entry1981603</a>
    Next patch, people will be able to auto download the client files required and play on any NS2C servers that are running without getting consistency errors.

Hopefully.
    <!--quoteo(post=1982196:date=Sep 24 2012, 12:27 AM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Sep 24 2012, 12:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982196"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It is more a function of air control then a true strafe jump, however it does allow you to increase your velocity in a way consistent with bunny hopping. If you can design something that would work better I would be glad to use it, working with movement code like that is somewhat beyond what im familiar with.

As an FYI that code is implemented in the player:modifyvelocity function so that all classes share the same base movement<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd like to, but where's the mod? can't find it.