Damn gorge!

measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Gets stuck</div>
Every time I gorg somewhere that isn't dead-bang on the ground, I get stuck!
To play Kharaa efficiently, one needs to be sneaky. But, anytime I attempt to do something different with the gorg I get ###### stuck..
It's such a nausiance and I believe I know a good way around it;

Gorgie Bounce!
Gorgie Bounce is the new and improved jump ability for gorgs. Hold down space bar to get energy, let go and gorge goes up way high!!

It would make gorging a real art, when you couple that with slide..

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    i'd like that idea as long as it is not too extreme, something like 150% or 200% normal jumping heigth.

btw, if you get stuck in certain places in a way that you cannot even jump anymore, try placing a hydra right below you:
    while it grows, it has a good chance of lifting you out of your position. this has saved me several times. while it costs 10 res (possibly +3 for mini-cyst), it's usually better than evolving into gorge again.
    so far, this has always saved me when i was stuck as gorge.

in rare situations, you can also free yourself as a marine using the rifle-butt. this one really doesn't work quite often, but it's worth a try before suiciding.
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Belly Bounce, heh good stuff. The alternative to Lerk Lift I guess :D
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Actually...I quite like this idea. :)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    +1 to more advanced movements for the gorge. Belly slide is nice, but I've never found it to be that useful at the moment.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Support!

Next step: Goomba stomp!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Damn it you guys, that's one I've just got to have a go at :)
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    The gorge model will need some kind of belt with a potion attached to it

.... Gummi Bears! Bouncing here and there and everywhere ...
  • RanakastraszRanakastrasz Join Date: 2012-02-26 Member: 147512Members
    I just wish aliens could no-clip through hydras+cysts. That would help.....

If only temperarally, till pathing isnt screweey.
  • deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915014:date=Mar 19 2012, 02:06 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 19 2012, 02:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915014"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Belly Bounce, heh good stuff. The alternative to Lerk Lift I guess :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ooo is the lerk going to be able to fly gorges and skulks around? :O :D

And yes I too like this idea, but at the same time I also like how if a gorge wants to get to higher places to build something that they require the assistance of their team mate. Making this game just that much more team oriented... Another words I'm torn with what I really like lol
    Re-up.

Gorg needs to BOUNCE!
  • KeldornKeldorn Join Date: 2012-05-05 Member: 151587Members
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Spider gorge dropping on marines from ceilings knocking them down like onos stomp? Having a 100 kilo cute pig drop on you would be comic as hell :)

Gorge takedown ftw.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    While the idea is nice and all, i really dont see the problem - if you just put clogs out to jump on you can climb just about anywhere as a gorge.. You dont <i>have to</i> evolve in the vent, just evolve somewhere close and climb in.
  • darkfictiondarkfiction Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75677Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915255:date=Mar 19 2012, 11:51 PM:name=deaglecrazy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deaglecrazy @ Mar 19 2012, 11:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915255"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ooo is the lerk going to be able to fly gorges and skulks around? :O :D

And yes I too like this idea, but at the same time I also like how if a gorge wants to get to higher places to build something that they require the assistance of their team mate. Making this game just that much more team oriented... Another words I'm torn with what I really like lol<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He's referring to a popular mod of NS1 that allowed Lerks to press E on other aliens and fly them around... It did get pretty ridiculous though, you would have a Lerk holding an Onos and flying through a vent chasing down a Jet-Packer...
    <!--quoteo(post=1975656:date=Sep 11 2012, 11:27 PM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Sep 11 2012, 11:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1975656"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While the idea is nice and all, i really dont see the problem - if you just put clogs out to jump on you can climb just about anywhere as a gorge.. You dont <i>have to</i> evolve in the vent, just evolve somewhere close and climb in.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's the problem RIGHT THERE.
    People aren't all together friendly to new players who are hanging back and doing there own thing as Gorge.
    I don't think that there is any constructive argument that Gorge is as finalized. He lacks ability and usefulness, and the 'skill ceiling' is far to low.
  • RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    Building a hydra under yourself used to fix it but I havent gone gorge since the change to pres hydras, dont see the point.