NS2HD NS2 Beta Tournament

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1871547:date=Aug 27 2011, 09:12 PM:name=RisingSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RisingSun @ Aug 27 2011, 09:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871547"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I will donate two as well. If we get another kind soul the whole team can earn NS2 preorders.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What's the point though? Anyone playing would already have preordered.
  • Cyberwarrior00785Cyberwarrior00785 Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1871574:date=Aug 27 2011, 03:07 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Aug 27 2011, 03:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871574"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's the point though? Anyone playing would already have preordered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So they can invite a friend to NS2 lol
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1871574:date=Aug 27 2011, 05:07 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Aug 27 2011, 05:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871574"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's the point though? Anyone playing would already have preordered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thought of this too a little late lol. Let's say the winners are like celebs on game shows playing for their fav charity. Each play can go into the <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113435" target="_blank">Generosity Thread</a> and give it away or to a friend. Not much of a prize but it will be around Christmas season this things wraps up.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    YOClan will donate £20 to the Winning Pot :)
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1871574:date=Aug 27 2011, 07:07 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Aug 27 2011, 07:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871574"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's the point though? Anyone playing would already have preordered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    definantly so we can give it to friends or other people so we have even more people playing ns2 and if you already havent im definantly going to put up atleast the 2 ns2 preorder keys

plus if there is any more people in the us looking for a team we need some more players that will be active so we can train and play in the tournement this is for the us public team <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PUBlicDistrubance" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PUBlicDistrubance</a> pm me if you are intrested
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    I remember watching a Valve vs. Clans games in HL2 Deathmatch and the whole time, Valve was hacking and teleporting everywhere while everyone spectating was like 'wtf'. I have a feeling UWE might do the same for the lols :P
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    I opened the steam group to public, clan leaders <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NS2HD-CLs" target="_blank">please join</a>!
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm still looking forward to the start of the Tourny. Means I get to scrim a bit more nowadays, super. :) :)
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I've updated the OP with new tournament dates. I understand everyone wants more than just a knockout, but I've decided double elimination won't be possible. Remember - The idea of this tournament is to 'showcast' NS2. Unfortunately, I just can't cast that many games at this stage. (In future, however... 32 team double elimination anyone?).

As a compromise, I am formulating a plan for a pre-tournament seeding round. This round will be uncast, but will give all teams the opportunity to play more than one game in the tournament.

I will combine my instinctive seeding knowledge (gathered from watching many of these teams play) with the results of the seeding round to draw the first round matchups.

Ideas on how a seeding round could work?

Thanks for the ongoing support everyone - I can't wait for November!

<b>Also, if there is anyone out there who still wants to join a team, make a post. I know many teams are looking for more players. Also, if you have a team and would like to register, you are very welcome. You will go onto the waiting list. One team is already looking shaky, so it's very likely you will be able to play if you register.</b>
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation
    If any US/CDN team needs another player I'd be down, PM me!

I've been playing since '03 but only got NS2 running on this mac today, so I'm rusty.
  • gerryisonfyagerryisonfya Join Date: 2007-11-04 Member: 62826Members
    German Player looking for a team :)
    Steam name kinglouie527

best wishes
  • HyPnO89HyPnO89 Join Date: 2011-08-30 Member: 119218Members
    If required, I can probably set up a dedicated NS2 server in the Netherlands.

I'll have to find out if my box specs are sufficient tho.
  • siliconxsiliconx Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74095Members
    edited August 2011
    alcyone (AUS)
    looking for team, played ns1 on and off 2004-now
    steam: tozsedgy@tpg.com.au
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2011
    A few questions...
    <ol type='1'><li>Morbus aka Tempest IS the server admin for the AnagramNS2.com servers. You can remove that question mark :)</li><li>You should really specify what part of the US a team is from. A team with a WEST coast server (such as 156) is going to have a much greater advantage/disadvantage than an EAST coast team with a server when playing EURO/AUS teams. You should'nt pair up a EUR team with a WEST coast server team at the early stages of the tourny. Every eSport/sport follows this system.</li><li>It should only be 1 submittion per team. If 156 gets knocked out in the early stage, they can just focus on a second team which is unfair to all the teams with only enough players for 1 team. It pretty much a second chance which at the moment only they have. No hard feelings 156, just stating the obvious.</li><li>What are your plans for class limiting? Could an entire team go fade/gorge/lerk and it be okay? Most games with specific classes have class limitation in league play. Do you plan to do the same?</li></ol>
    I will email this to you as well, I wanted to open a discussion on these points publicly as well.
  • shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1872270:date=Aug 31 2011, 06:04 AM:name=vizionz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vizionz @ Aug 31 2011, 06:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872270"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A few questions...
    <ol type='1'><li>Morbus aka Tempest IS the server admin for the AnagramNS2.com servers. You can remove that question mark :)</li><li>You should really specify what part of the US a team is from. A team with a WEST coast server (such as 156) is going to have a much greater advantage/disadvantage than an EAST coast team with a server when playing EURO/AUS teams. You should'nt pair up a EUR team with a WEST coast server team at the early stages of the tourny. Every eSport/sport follows this system.</li><li>It should only be 1 submittion per team. If 156 gets knocked out in the early stage, they can just focus on a second team which is unfair to all the teams with only enough players for 1 team. It pretty much a second chance which at the moment only they have. No hard feelings 156, just stating the obvious.</li><li>What are your plans for class limiting? Could an entire team go fade/gorge/lerk and it be okay? Most games with specific classes have class limitation in league play. Do you plan to do the same?</li></ol>
    I will email this to you as well, I wanted to open a discussion on these points publicly as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What's the difference where the 6 players come from? The teams are separate and populated by different individuals. Should 6 of them be kicked out of our clan first before they can join the tournament? I'm not really seeing where the issue is. The glory and the spoils will go to the 6 that win the tournament.
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1872356:date=Aug 31 2011, 04:31 PM:name=shiv)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiv @ Aug 31 2011, 04:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1872356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's the difference where the 6 players come from? The teams are separate and populated by different individuals. Should 6 of them be kicked out of our clan first before they can join the tournament? I'm not really seeing where the issue is. The glory and the spoils will go to the 6 that win the tournament.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've just never heard of a team having 2 entries in an tournament involving a victor coming out with a cash pricz. I think we have 16 teams without a second 156 addition right?

It doesn't bother me either way, I was just inquiring for clarification. :)
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2011
    As long as 156 provides a roster for both teams and they don't overlap, I don't see the problem. If a player at any time played in one 156 team, he/she should never be allowed to play in the other.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    That's our plan Quovatis. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there wasn't any kind of subbing anyways.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Yeah we wont be overlapping any of our players. We have a set list of players for both teams.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    not to mention why is it our fault that our clan has enough players to have two teams? way back in earlier pages of thread Alpha had said that if at anytime another team wanted to join up we would give up our team 2 space for them to get in. Come on everyone lets just get along, this is only the beginning of the tournament scene.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2011
    Ns2HD, update your first post to show the correct captains. Also Team 1 is fully an American team, team 2 has a EU member. thx
  • FriekFriek Join Date: 2003-11-06 Member: 22343Members
    Old ns1 vet (rusty ns2 player) looking for a team as well Im late us west coast, and i mean late usually around midnight -3 am. Also if u see me on and need a ringer for a scrim let me know :)
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2011
    Updated OP with lots of stuff. Please let me know if there's more I've forgotten - especially donation pledges.

Thankyou to everyone who has sent in prize money so far. You can rest assured that so far I have only spent it on drink and women.

Also, can someone post a link to the pub US steam page? I can't seem to find it.

Also, I have always and still do fully support #156 in entering two teams. Their doing so helped add momentum to the tournament early. They have volunteered to relinquish the slot should a 17th team make it to tournament start.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2011
    Do you mean the public us team <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PUBlicDistrubance" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PUBlicDistrubance</a> ?
    Just to clarify your first post I am the captain of #156 Team 1 (which we also call Alpha team)
  • DuskDusk Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106114Members, Constellation
    You can put me down for USD $40
    since i wont be playing maybe i can cast.
  • Boxer`DBoxer`D Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112532Members
    Thanks for the all the hardwork NS2HD and anyone else helping with this now clearly ambitious project, I've just done some the catch up reading I needed to on this thread and the amount of work that's has to go down here is crazy!! I hope it all works out and thanks again!!!
    Whats the paypal account we send money to?
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2011
    I've sent you an e-mail twice.
    <a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/senttt.png/" target="_blank">http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/senttt.png/</a>
    I've also sent you a PM here with my e-mail. Since my mails doesn't reach you.
    And one more thing, could you spell my name with non-capital letters? :P
    <- You know, like here :P
    Anyway, we're looking forward to some great matches!
    Edit: And just sent a third e-mail, just to try again.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Definitely wouldn't mind playing your team swalk. we should try to set something up some day. :)
This discussion has been closed.