Starcraft II Beta is LIVE

Comments

• Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1768992:date=Apr 28 2010, 09:53 PM:name=Nossah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nossah @ Apr 28 2010, 09:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1768992"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On another note the map editor is supposed to be out this week. Has anyone heard anything yet?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes.

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFbFCTziw28" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • tigersmithtigersmith Join Date: 2004-11-11 Member: 32749Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    plat looks good for me :). btw my new name is tigersmith.tigersmith
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    i got an invite a friend key. All of my friends already have it or don't want it. It's up for grabs if you can riddle me this:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Three people are accused of breaking a Ming vase. Guilty people lie. Innocents are not. Who was/were the vase breakers?

Frank: No one acted alone.
    June: Frank and Bob broke it.
    Bob: We all did it.

Your options are:

1 Bob and Frank.
    2 Frank.
    3 June and Bob.
    4 Bob<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

PM me with your answer/reasoning
  • PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    There may be issues with the latest batch of keys. If you got one and it doesn't work, check the forums. There should be news about it.
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1769195:date=Apr 29 2010, 04:17 PM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Apr 29 2010, 04:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769195"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i got an invite a friend key. All of my friends already have it or don't want it. It's up for grabs if you can riddle me this:

PM me with your answer/reasoning<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    PM sent
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    Thansal got it the fastest. Hope you're a Canadian or American!

/edit:

I actually had two keys. Sending one to CyberMantis.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Since it has been solved now (I don't want the keys), please check my reasoning:

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Bob is guilty, because his statement is false. If Bob's statement were true, he would by his own admission be guilty himself - but if he is guilty, his statements are lies. He can't be speaking the truth AND be guilty, but if he is speaking the truth he IS guilty, in which case he doesn't speak the truth. It doesn't work. Bob's statement only makes sense if it is a lie, in which case he is guilty. Not to mention that "all three did it" is not even one of the answers to choose between.

June is guilty because her statement implicates both Frank and Bob. But Frank says no-one acted alone. If this is a lie, that means the vase was broken by one person - but June said it was broken by two, so that doesn't work. Therefore June's statement only works if it is a lie, which means she is guilty.

This makes all three statements work: No one acted alone (true, Bob and June did it), Frank and Bob did it (false, Bob and June did it) and everyone did it (false, Bob and June did it).

Ergo the answer is number three: June and Bob.</span>
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Yup, though tbh I gave 2 answers based on the fact that you could consider not breaking the vase to be an action, which means that Frank is lying as either everyone worked together (thus he broke it and is lying, which doesn't work, same as bob), or SOMEONE worked alone, either in breaking the vase or in not breaking it. Your explanation for Bob still fits, however now June could be telling the truth leaving you with Frank and Bob.

However the more obvious, and probably indented answer is obviously yours.
    </span>

Any way, SentrySteve is awesome, yay for beta keys! I know what I'm doing when I get home.
    <!--quoteo(post=1769264:date=Apr 30 2010, 08:52 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Apr 30 2010, 08:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769264"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any way, SentrySteve is awesome, yay for beta keys! I know what I'm doing when I get home.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I got mine from Panigg way back when, just returning the love.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1769280:date=Apr 30 2010, 11:03 AM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Apr 30 2010, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769280"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I got mine from Panigg way back when, just returning the love.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed, there was a proxy "yay for Panigg" in there as well!
  • PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1769282:date=Apr 30 2010, 04:32 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Apr 30 2010, 04:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769282"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Indeed, there was a proxy "yay for Panigg" in there as well!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I feel yayed at all the time.

Not sure what is going on with the next batch of my "keys" tho. It should be done, but apparently it isn't.
  • Mr. EpicMr. Epic Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18660Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1769264:date=Apr 30 2010, 08:52 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thansal @ Apr 30 2010, 08:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769264"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any way, SentrySteve is awesome, yay for beta keys! I know what I'm doing when I get home.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes he is. My answer was:

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>I assume you say "innocents are not" you mean mean Innocents do not lie.

Bob's statement, that they all did it, must be a lie since you do not provide the option for all to be guilty. With this we know that at least Bob is guilty.

Now About Frank and June's statement, they are somewhat interesting. If June is telling the truth, then she is saying that Frank & Bob together broke it. Frank says that nobody acted alone, so if June's statement is true, then Frank's statement is also true.

Now, the riddle states that Guilty people Lie and Innocents do not... but it is not explicit in stating whether or not guilty people can tell the truth too.

Because of this, the answer is either that Frank and Bob are both guilty even though Frank tells the truth (Option 1) or if you do mean that guilty people can't tell the truth too, then June and Bob must be guilty because innocents do not lie and Frank's statement requires more than one other person.(Option 3).

I hope that answers the riddle :)
    </span>
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Guys, nice reasoning but you have been given 4 possible answers it is much quicker to work backwards from each answer to see which one satisfies the statements.
  • Ph0enixPh0enix Join Date: 2002-10-08 Member: 1462Members, Constellation
    Heh, thats the way I did it :P
  • RetalesRetales Panigg cultist Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19180Members
    Great things will be done with the map editor.
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hny-oS-mo_Q"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hny-oS-mo_Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I thought it was going to be Blaster Master style when he hopped out of the Marauder. Disappointed.
    <!--quoteo(post=1769394:date=May 1 2010, 08:11 AM:name=puzl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (puzl @ May 1 2010, 08:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769394"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys, nice reasoning but you have been given 4 possible answers it is much quicker to work backwards from each answer to see which one satisfies the statements.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Agreed, but I find it easier to explain it when working forwards for some reason.
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members
    with all my strength,
    with all my will,
    with every fibre of my soul,
    I pledge my soul and my Faith,
    to the Immortal Panigg,
    Shepherd of humanity.
    ---
    Have Faith in The Lord, Panigg. Panigg provides.

CHURCH OF PANIGG CONFIRMED.

(<3 Panigg)

I may have gotten a SC2 beta-key. SUCK-SQUAD ASSEMBLE!
  • naXynaXy Join Date: 2008-07-12 Member: 64618Members
    27 July release date officially announced by blizz
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Members
    All the danish and skandinavian dudes can go here:<a href="http://www.starcraftii.dk/sc2/" target="_blank">http://www.starcraftii.dk/sc2/</a>
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    edited May 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1769622:date=May 4 2010, 02:53 AM:name=Abra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Abra @ May 4 2010, 02:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All the danish and skandinavian dudes can go here:<a href="http://www.starcraftii.dk/sc2/" target="_blank">http://www.starcraftii.dk/sc2/</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh GODS.

Don't ever group me up with Danes again. I'll admit it, it's a lot easier to read than listen to but <a href="http://intertran.tranexp.com/InterTran?from=dan&to=eng&type=url&url=http://www.starcraftii.dk/sc2/&Submit=Translate" target="_blank">some alternatives are just too good to be ignored</a>

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>
    "Hey and welcome to a bet at a dance danish community by starcraft 2 gamers."

Oh I get it, an entire site dedicated to taking bets for using dancing units in ladder games. Youtube thread is that way, silly Abrah ->
    </span>
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    edited May 2010
    Whatever you're using to translate needs its bearings oiled quite drastically. There's not a single occurrance of the danish word for dancing on that page.

Seriously, you're swedish and you're using a TRANSLATOR? Make yourself some potato glasses if you have that much trouble.
  • Dirty_Harry_PotterDirty_Harry_Potter Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9500Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1769635:date=May 4 2010, 05:48 AM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ May 4 2010, 05:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769635"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whatever you're using to translate needs its bearings oiled quite drastically. There's not a single occurrance of the danish word for dancing on that page.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> What about <b>DANS</b>k :P But that's quite a bugged up translator then..

On a connected note. I demand that the tagline of the community is "Vi er jo ikke kommet for at danse". :D
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1769648:date=May 4 2010, 10:45 AM:name=Dirty_Harry_Potter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirty_Harry_Potter @ May 4 2010, 10:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1769648"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about <b>DANS</b>k :P But that's quite a bugged up translator then..

On a connected note. I demand that the tagline of the community is "Vi er jo ikke kommet for at danse". :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Im seriously considering suggesting this.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Patch 11 is going out at the moment.

<a href="http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm" target="_blank">Patch Notes</a>

<div align='center'>
    And Phoenix Domination of Mutas
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31kSA0Guqpo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31kSA0Guqpo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
    muhahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *giggle*
    </div>
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    edited May 2010
    Whoa that's gonna make those phoenixes(sp?) a lot more interesting...

edit: from the patch notes:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Corruptor speed increased from 2.75 to 2.9531<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

now that's some precise tuning!
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I <3 Protoss too!
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--># Spine Crawler

* The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

D:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--># Phoenix

* Can now attack while moving.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>D:</b>

No unit in the history of Starcraft can attack whilst moving, with the kinda-exception of a carrier. This is madness.

--Scythe--
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    oh heck yeah micro!!!!
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Add me if you want to play.

Ultimaxe.dronen