Starcraft II Beta is LIVE

1121314151618»

Comments

• SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1771830:date=May 21 2010, 11:38 AM:name=pallie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pallie @ May 21 2010, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The void ray range decrease makes sense to me. It makes it a little easier to micro against a voidray. The stimpack research cost decrease makes no sense AT ALL imo nor did the ultralisk change.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ultra + the new frenzy spell = unstoppable mass AOE damaging unit. I think they did a preemptive nerf to the ultra assuming it would be used in conjunction with frenzy. Will be interesting to see if that's how it plays out. Personally, I want to see how frenzy is on some high damage unit (like the Hydra) since it's only 25 energy you could have two Infestorers really dish out the frenzy.
  • marksmarks Join Date: 2008-07-28 Member: 64720Members
    meh, the mechanics of void harass were good, the unit itself was perhaps a little too strong though. It wasnt too difficult to counter with the appropriate scouting. The range decrease changed the mechanics of using voids to harass, which were previously fine. IMO the (needed) nerf should have been a HP nerf, to make the fill the same role but make them a more fragile unit. I mean seriously, early MG just stops void harass dead in the water, the range is the only thing which keeps voids in the game once EMP is on the field.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1771847:date=May 21 2010, 04:36 PM:name=marks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marks @ May 21 2010, 04:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1771847"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->meh, the mechanics of void harass were good, the unit itself was perhaps a little too strong though. It wasnt too difficult to counter with the appropriate scouting. The range decrease changed the mechanics of using voids to harass, which were previously fine. IMO the (needed) nerf should have been a HP nerf, to make the fill the same role but make them a more fragile unit. I mean seriously, early MG just stops void harass dead in the water, the range is the only thing which keeps voids in the game once EMP is on the field.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I actually thought about this more and I agree it should be a health reduction rather than a range reduction. If the Terran gets the +1 range upgrade, something becoming popular as people discover how good the auto turret (from the Raven) is, then their turrets have range 8 and the void rays have range 6. That seems extreme.