My Mind Is Being Torn Apart

13»

Comments

• ObstObst Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14436Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ice9+Mar 21 2005, 01:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ice9 @ Mar 21 2005, 01:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Obst, if you truly want to change, that **** "I suck at life" in your avatar and signature aren't going to help. They're going to make you look like an idiot.

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    k.
  • GrendelGrendel All that is fear... Join Date: 2002-07-19 Member: 970Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, NS2 Playtester
    Speak to a decent therapist.

They are generally more useful sources of accurate information regarding psychological/neurological disorders than teenage gamers.

No offence guys.
  • Ice9Ice9 Join Date: 2004-06-09 Member: 29208Members
    Also, get a LiveJournal account. You can get one from <a href='http://www.livejournal.com' target='_blank'>http://www.livejournal.com</a>

And to <b>Grendel</b>, do most therapists suffer from the thing that they try to cure? Do they really know what it's like? To be a prisoner of themselves?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ice9+Mar 21 2005, 03:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ice9 @ Mar 21 2005, 03:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Also, get a LiveJournal account. You can get one from <a href='http://www.livejournal.com' target='_blank'>http://www.livejournal.com</a>

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/obstgemuese/' target='_blank'>http://www.livejournal.com/users/obstgemuese/</a>
  • Ice9Ice9 Join Date: 2004-06-09 Member: 29208Members
    Why don't you add me as one of your LiveJournal friends, <b>brandon248</b>.
    edited March 2005
    I use the term "friend" in his real meaning very, very rarely :/
    But hey, something new every day...
  • antifreezeantifreeze The guy with the goods&#33; Join Date: 2003-05-12 Member: 16232Members, Constellation
    As much as a like obst, an as cool as i think he is i'm staying out of this. I can only make things worse.

Good luck Obst!!
  • docchimpydocchimpy Join Date: 2003-07-19 Member: 18266Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ice9+Mar 20 2005, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ice9 @ Mar 20 2005, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And to <b>Grendel</b>, do most therapists suffer from the thing that they try to cure? Do they really know what it's like? To be a prisoner of themselves? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think the idea is that the therapist is an unbiased observer, who can help you objectively.

I'm not being sarcastic. I would also advise talking to a physician, at the very least. Best of luck to you, and I hope you're able to overcome this.
  • groKKingmImIgroKKingmImI Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34003Members
    edited March 2005
    Either this is a terrible excercise of performance art or you're trying to express the conflict between the romantic and the realist in a way that confuses everybody and makes me want to smash my head down a toilet.

TOILET

BTW, read Catcher in the Rye. I think you will relate to it very well.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ice9+Mar 20 2005, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ice9 @ Mar 20 2005, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And to <b>Grendel</b>, do most therapists suffer from the thing that they try to cure? Do they really know what it's like? To be a prisoner of themselves? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I can speak to that one. To some degree this is true, many theripists do go into thier field in the hopes that they can sort throught thier own issues, and to recieve a psychological degree you must have gone through a full assessment yourself. If it is important to you to find one that suffered from the same disorder you do, you may have to search a bit though, but they should exist somewhere.

Honestly even the less experianced psychologists have probably seen people suffereing from the same thing you do that they could pretty much tell you exactly how you feel without really even talking with you for very long. They may not all have personally experianced your ordeal, but they treated and helped many many people who have gone through many of the same things you have.

You guys, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, even if all you can see right now is pitch black. Keep on plugging and take whatever oppertunity you can to search for that light, you WILL find it sooner or later.
    My friend (notice that I now use that term. \o/ for mindchange) somehow succeeded in talking me away from exagerated rational thinking, including that crappy theory my rational part had created concerning my role in evolution...
    Well here is the result (in short, original text is in german >.<) of that talk:

I was now able to trace back my massive mind shifts to be caused by the differences between fear and desire created in elementary school times when my parents were close to break up and I was confronted with a girl feeling desire for me.
    Climaxing in these two ways of thinking to drift apart.

In addition I found out something that should perhaps help me in some sad moments:
    Being proud of what you are capable of is way better than being afraid of what you are not capable of.