Combat

124»

Comments

• BOBDololBOBDolol Join Date: 2003-10-04 Member: 21431Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1583432:date=Dec 2 2006, 08:28 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fanatic @ Dec 2 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1583432[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    You should lose a level every time you die. Would make things more balanced -- not to mention finish stalemates quicker.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What they need to do is let you gain as many levels as you want, but if you are a higher lifeform and you die, then you lose the points it took to evolve into that lifeform. And make it more like classic by only allowing one upgrade per chamber, I seriously don't know why they thought letting aliens have all 3 upgrades of one chamber would be a good idea.
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    I just hope that it could be made possible to deny any plugin to work with combat, at all.

And oh yeah, unchangeable timelimit too, yes that would be nice.
  • UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmed DemoDetective #?&#33; Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58026Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1583438:date=Dec 2 2006, 05:43 PM:name=BOBDolol)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BOBDolol @ Dec 2 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1583438[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    What they need to do is let you gain as many levels as you want, but if you are a higher lifeform and you die, then you lose the points it took to evolve into that lifeform. And make it more like classic by only allowing one upgrade per chamber, I seriously don't know why they thought letting aliens have all 3 upgrades of one chamber would be a good idea.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Qft. I'd argue that combat is inherently unbalanced though - aliens are just stronger per point they gain than marines.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This discussion revolves around the incredible lack of team work primarily on the Marine side. Yes webs can appear to be over-powering but you can find all the help you need back in ms incredibly busy nading the wall in a corner.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    LOL, the fact that you need multiple marines just to kill a single web gorge at all says it's imbalanced.
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    me i am acctuly quite furious about the web change

cant web ish now, spit web waste half energy next grenade breaks it after 4 rines fly thru it

get no where with nothing to show for it but a empty energy bar, and there still 4 jp'er flying happyly around the hive room haveing a party, gg call back the fade call back the lerk they get gang raped by unhindreed blowflys then spawn camped if any one does manage to get away they are usaly made into a omlet while gastating, where's the gorge?, under the hive cos its webs are useless and energy could be used to better uses

rine one on one v gorge, ok granted i have taken out a heavey with web and spit combo before, but those guys are usaly newbs and the com usaly isnt supporting them, where is their team why arnt they with them, where their mate's, no rine should be alone at lease

gorge doesnt even have the power to run away anymore, reguardless of if hes on 3 hives full chambers all upgraded, hes still going to get cut to peice in less than three second by a lvl 3 vanilla lmg

hum i had known gorgies would of lost web utility cos they got the ability to heal them selves, i prolly wouldnt of pushed that thread so hard, but i guess we cant have it both ways,

so ether no ring around the rosie healing and die so easly so much thru out the entire match with no way to heal effectively or be tottaly useless end game

ok ok not tottaly usless but i think you get the point

me ill get over it ill place webs where theres no need to use a GL ill place webs out side a hive ill comunicate, the world will go on
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I like the change, but webs have to harden faster.
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    Web change is good. IT means you can't expect webs alone to save your ######. Webs are now what they were meant ot be: Traps that are set AHEAD of time.
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    i agree church but you cant trap a hive cos the momment a rine sees infestatin grenades are lobed in webs are cleared, i under stand prahaps they should get there or traps shoudl be set ahead of hive thats fine but these defences these traps are ether a huge cost of res or require consistant maintinance support and or patrols

wiht out this these defences get picked off SOOO quike, as static defence is not ment to replace player interaction or tottaly by passed by consistant meding webed marines who is now lobbing nades ahead of time for good measure, who is also skiping all forms of content which non of it is slowing him down where hes already built a phase gate, its ether teleport back into a mess of spawn camping, keep drilling a semi empty base, or rush back thru the map replace some webs maybe assist a dc or two, drop a few new structures and try and come up behind the ninja PG and take it out

who knows we all know i am pro alien

ish there Jps haveing a feild day in our hive spawn camping and takeing the place down and all forms that try and stop them in a miniscule fraction of a time it take a pair of gorges with mc and afade to rock any chunk of a boxed in MS

so gorges cant assist in stoping rines from romping the hive room, all they can do is delay the enevitable, and heal structure sand posably life forms this will give away there position and end there life exstreamly quikely

they cant stay at rine start there pre placed webs are only to slow down the enamy and provide a short lived escape, unless the gorge gets lucky and the webs do nothing to provide and muscle or pushing limit to get the gorge into MS which now is even more riskyer with no armor and shorter bile range

but you get used to it, rines have had a single res node for the last 15 minutes and have been boxed in MS
    yet a few good men can gl thru a army of defences as lightning jp speed and ninja take down a hive and the grogie is left defencless and job less

if aliens book it to chase down hive ninja gorge gets rocked if he cant pull out quike enough if he mc's to attacked hive dead gorgie, if gorgie trys to run hes gotta best motion and any one that desides to give chase

i dont know i am a dad ticked but thats NS, in combat its far worse what goods is a trap aliens just breeze by to the kill zone

you cant web the kill zone it get desimated and if rines win said fight in said kill zone they push thru webs with no aline resistance as alien are respawning and re evoing, and again cant web hive the momment rins see infestation grenades start flying, so why should if we surive a hive camp should i have to run my slow fat ###### thru all the tunnels every single possable route my non wall climbing ###### can get to to web up usless arts of a map again, to pre trap rines when there is no trap only a snare