Attention All Competitive Players

FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">tired of getting banned for being good?</div> Pretty much since the Hamptons server died, its been rough for skilled competitive players to get a good server to play on. A lot of other server communities rationalize, and find justification for banning of competitive players, even though they don't do anything wrong.

I have found a community that not only doesn't ban players because they are good, that also sponsors some of the top North American teams by providing servers for Terror and Exigent.

This community is <a href='http://www.nsarmslab.com' target='_blank'>http://www.nsarmslab.com</a> offering both a CO and Classic NS server, the admins on the server are top noch, the servers contain some of the best hardware out of the NS community, and the player skill there is above average. They are the largest public community, and why shouldn't they be? Their games are some of the best public games I have played in a long time

I recommend every competitve player that wants to play good games and not have to worry about getting too many kills (because hey if you go 65/3 you MUST be cheating) to give it a shot.

They offer reserve slot access for a minimal fee, which I plan on getting myself when my computer comes back.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• ClashenClashen Join Date: 2003-08-22 Member: 20087Members
    From what i've experienced the most people on the NSA server is douchbags, but i haven't played there for a while.

They're located in USA so my ping is **** there anyway.
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    Hey can i advertise a server too!?
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    I haven't laughed like that in a long time.
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-esuna+Jan 24 2005, 03:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (esuna @ Jan 24 2005, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey can i advertise a server too!? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sure why not?!
  • LokeTheSleekPeruvianLokeTheSleekPeruvian Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20054Members
    What is the max amount of players in the NS server?
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    I believe they have 2 32 man CO servers, and a 25 person Classic server.
  • LokeTheSleekPeruvianLokeTheSleekPeruvian Join Date: 2003-08-21 Member: 20054Members
    25 person Classic server?!
    What do the aliens do after spending those 25 initial res? Skulk around till HAs start rolling?
    The balance isn't that bad considered both teams are relatively skilled.

The more initial starting res because of the 12 members allows for early lerks and early OCs because more people are playing.

Its actually quite fun.
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey can i advertise a server too!?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I haven't laughed like that in a long time.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What do the aliens do after spending those 25 initial res? Skulk around till HAs start rolling?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

why all the bitterness? if nsarmslab is claimed to be a good server by smart people then why should you start immediately dissing the post(er), try it out yourselves (preferably more than once, its QUITE uncommon to get a good first impression from any server) or stick to your own community, whatever that might be.

pubbers immediately judging other pubs based on few experiences, usually from the past & online friends leave me, to be honest, a little confused. of course your "own" server IS the best one you'll ever have, but even that's going to be empty/full sometime. accept the mere assumption that there could be servers that match "what you're used to get from a game" and your point of view will widen drastically.

me? i doubt i'll play there often since its u.s., but it'll definitely be on my favs list.
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned
    And this thread would have absolutely <i>NOTHING</i> to do with the fact that Terror are sponsored by NSA ... would it?
    <!--QuoteBegin-SpaceJesus+Jan 24 2005, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SpaceJesus @ Jan 24 2005, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And this thread would have absolutely <i>NOTHING</i> to do with the fact that Terror are sponsored by NSA ... would it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    you are way too cynical, mister.
  • tjosantjosan Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Members, Constellation
    Actually I dont care whether it's because terror is sponsored by them or not. As long as the admins are cool and good people play there the server will be fun to frequent. Who gives a flying fek about why the server was advertised?

I'd like to add that I can play on these servers from Sweden with ~250 ping and NO choke/loss at all. Granted a rather high ping, but its playable because of the lack of loss and choke.
  • MrRadicalEdMrRadicalEd Turrent Master Join Date: 2004-08-13 Member: 30601Members
    On the weekends that "HealingArmory" NS server has very good players that communicate.. NSA.. puhlease
  • AndervalAnderval &lt;3 Join Date: 2003-05-05 Member: 16073Members, Constellation
    24 and 32 player servers of lose?
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    Hey at least you don't get banned for killing admins on nsa like on other servers.
    <!--QuoteBegin-SpaceJesus+Jan 24 2005, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SpaceJesus @ Jan 24 2005, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And this thread would have absolutely <i>NOTHING</i> to do with the fact that Terror are sponsored by NSA ... would it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is correct.

If anyone were to make a post, it would be Mustang, since he is the one who aquired the sponsorship.

I am doing this because I believe that this server can recreate in part the games that were played on hamptons.
  • grOOvygrOOvy Join Date: 2004-05-02 Member: 28368Members, Constellation
    Can't really play on the NSA server because I'm from England and the server is located in USA. :/ Oh well, nice to see a good server anyhow.
  • RammstienRammstien Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23805Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-milosis+Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (milosis @ Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> healarmory bans people for chuckling.

nsa > healarmory <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Chuckling once is a lot different then binding it to your jump key, which is what you were doing.
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rammstien+Jan 25 2005, 02:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Rammstien @ Jan 25 2005, 02:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-milosis+Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (milosis @ Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> healarmory bans people for chuckling.

nsa > healarmory <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Chuckling once is a lot different then binding it to your jump key, which is what you were doing. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha this is great.
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
    It is insulting to compare NSA to hamptons when the reserved spots are based on money, not skill.

Although I will agree NSA runs some of the best NS servers.
    <!--QuoteBegin-obuh+Jan 25 2005, 02:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (obuh @ Jan 25 2005, 02:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Rammstien+Jan 25 2005, 02:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Rammstien @ Jan 25 2005, 02:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-milosis+Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (milosis @ Jan 24 2005, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> healarmory bans people for chuckling.

nsa > healarmory <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Chuckling once is a lot different then binding it to your jump key, which is what you were doing. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Haha this is great. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    banned cause of a bind; welcome to the future of Natural-Selection.
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned
    actually that could probably be classed as a script, having more than 1 thing bound to a single key.
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    Preface: This is not a criticism, rant, blame, condemnation, self-grandizing moderation, or any other form of finger pointing. This is merely an FYI and you may already be aware of it.

<a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72934' target='_blank'>Nem's post on server advertisement</a>

That said, I play on Armslab when I find an open slot. Skill level is above average even if the occasional attitude isn't.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-grOOvy+Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (grOOvy @ Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can't really play on the NSA server because I'm from England and the server is located in USA. :/ Oh well, nice to see a good server anyhow. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    weakest. excuse. ever. :/
  • comradecomrade Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23774Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-ZiGGY+Jan 25 2005, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZiGGY @ Jan 25 2005, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-grOOvy+Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (grOOvy @ Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can't really play on the NSA server because I'm from England and the server is located in USA. :/ Oh well, nice to see a good server anyhow. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    weakest. excuse. ever. :/ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Excuse for what?

They don't want to play with a large ping?
  • Malibu_StaceyMalibu_Stacey Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15243Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-comrade+Jan 25 2005, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (comrade @ Jan 25 2005, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-ZiGGY+Jan 25 2005, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ZiGGY @ Jan 25 2005, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-grOOvy+Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (grOOvy @ Jan 25 2005, 02:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Can't really play on the NSA server because I'm from England and the server is located in USA. :/ Oh well, nice to see a good server anyhow. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    weakest. excuse. ever. :/ <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Excuse for what?

They don't want to play with a large ping? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Like ZiGGY says its a weak excuse. I've been playing on US servers for around the last 6 months and my ping is generally around 100 on netgraph & 100-150 on scoreboard which is very playable. If you have 1/2 a clue you know how to configure your rates for good reg & a decent ping on any server.

What is with all the hate in this thread anyway? The forum is for competitive play & anyone with any sort of idea about the NS community knows that certain sections of the community have an inbuilt prejudice against competitive players. Firewater isn't so much as advertising a server (since he is not affiliated with the server AFAIK) but saying "Guys here is a place to play where you won't have people banning you because you can shoot 3 skulks running in a straight line at you oh and the level of play is pretty good too."

Personally I recommend FR31NS which has recently returned from its haitus thanks to FFT clan. Dirm (of obscure) and civilian (of exigent) are 2 of the more well known admins on that server & every game I've played on there since its return has been enjoyable including when we get owned.

Less hate in here please, we get enough of it from the narrowminded people in the rest of the community so we really don't need to be spreading it about ourselves.
  • DrFuriousDrFurious Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10445Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Firewater+Jan 24 2005, 02:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Firewater @ Jan 24 2005, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I have found a community that not only doesn't ban players because they are good, that also sponsors some of the top North American teams by providing servers for Terror and Exigent. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    HEY I THINK YOU FORGOT SOMEONE :mad:

NSA has come a long way since back in the day when blockscripts was on and dn members were banned on sight. Now it's one of the best few pubs and one of the few that has blockscripts off and welcomes clanners.
  • SquishyOneSquishyOne Join Date: 2005-01-11 Member: 34963Members
    There'll be a pub specifically for clanners coming soon. (Within days or never) One with a mere 16-20 slots and admins that love you!
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-SquishyOne+Jan 25 2005, 02:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SquishyOne @ Jan 25 2005, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> There'll be a pub specifically for clanners coming soon. (Within days or never) One with a mere 16-20 slots and admins that love you! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    lier
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    edited January 2005
    ::Post removed::

If you claim that this thread has nothing to do with a personal vendetta against lunixmonster then I'll take your word for it firewater, don't prove me wrong.
This discussion has been closed.