So, No More Bhop? :(

Comments

• Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jmmsbnd007+Sep 4 2004, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jmmsbnd007 @ Sep 4 2004, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You obviously have no concept of how a pistol script. Most (all pretty much) fire one shot on click and one shot on release. You don't push one button and it fires 10 shots. You still have to track the skulk. Also, can you explain to me how you define skill as having faster finger muscles than someone else? Skill is mental, at least for this game. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    even if some one were to use a script like this, its still an advantage over someone who is just mashing their fire key.

You're getting in twice as many shots .. how are you argueing its ok again?
  • Jmmsbnd007Jmmsbnd007 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9793Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yea, because they are simply drones with no minds or opinions of their own? Who simply take imput and instantly place it into the game ..?

I used to frequent the CS alias and inds forums years ago - probably around the .. 3 or 4th release of it.

I understand what multiple wait commands will do. I understand you can input anything else into the game untill the script is complete. But its only 10 rounds in a pistol. If it takes only 5, there aren't many waits in a script like that. And if you can kill a skulk before it can even reach you, what does it matter if you can't move. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ...lorf? Did you even read my description of a pscript in my earlier post?
  • NadagastNadagast Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6884Members
    Silver Fox go right now and make a script that fires 5 or 10 pistol bullets with a bunch of waits... then ACTUALLY USE IT (OMG!) and try it out. It's horrible... and you'll delete it right away because it's so worthless (almost like the leap/bite or blink/swipe scripts, try those out too!).
  • ToboldTobold Join Date: 2003-06-16 Member: 17405Members
    bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in
    rhythm
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You're getting in twice as many shots .. how are you argueing its ok again? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Scripts don't allow you to shoot faster than you can without a script.
  • Seph_KimaraSeph_Kimara Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19359Members
    This thread is teh laffos.
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I gave up on scripting years ago when I came to the conclusion I'd rather just play the game. It's been years since I've touched a script.

Because I haven't seen the specifics on how a newer script will work, hardly means I don't comprehend the kind of advantage a script can give a player.

And I did Mr Bond. I responded to your post.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I gave up on scripting years ago when I came to the conclusion I'd rather just play the game. It's been years since I've touched a script.

Because I haven't seen the specifics on how a newer script will work, hardly means I don't comprehend the kind of advantage a script can give a player.

And I did Mr Bond. I responded to your post. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Missed it, sorry. But getting in twice as many shots? As mentioned above, the pistol ROF is capped!
    <!--QuoteBegin-obuh+Sep 4 2004, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (obuh @ Sep 4 2004, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Scripts don't allow you to shoot faster than you can without a script. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

how can you say that having a script fire the pistol when you press down and then again when you release the button is not shooting fast then someone who can only fire 1 shot with the same movement?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-obuh+Sep 4 2004, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (obuh @ Sep 4 2004, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Scripts don't allow you to shoot faster than you can without a script. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

how can you say that having a script fire the pistol when you press down and then again when you release the button is not shooting fast then someone who can only fire 1 shot with the same movement? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Once again, go get a pistol script and try it out yourself. It doesn't automatically double your ROF unless you click very slowly.
    if that is the case, why bother having it.
  • KippoKippo Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14046Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Nadagast+Sep 4 2004, 03:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nadagast @ Sep 4 2004, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Alkiller+Sep 4 2004, 01:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Alkiller @ Sep 4 2004, 01:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Kippo+Sep 4 2004, 04:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Kippo @ Sep 4 2004, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Not everyone can afford to upgrade there computer to give them a constant fps of 100, or buy the latest hardware to aid there playing (mice, headphones, microphone etc.)
    But anyone can edit there config to use scripts to improve there game. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    WE HAVE A WINNER!

I don't have a mouse wheel to bhop so I use a script. Should I have to go out and buy a new mouse with a mouse wheel?

Plus, everyone can script. Every single one of you can do it! All of the most common scripts are easily found and easily used. I used to be an avid anti-scripter, but then I realized "Hey, this bhop script doesn't do the bhopping for you!" <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    someone who actually looked at the facts and saw the light! :o

too bad there are lots of people who aren't even willing to look at pro-scripters arguments. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Whats really funny is all the anti-scripters have chosen to ignore what I said and continue whining about what they think pistol scripts are.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> if that is the case, why bother having it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If that's the case, why bother complaining about it?
  • OetelOetel Join Date: 2004-05-18 Member: 28743Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in
    rhythm <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What he said!!!!1
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jmmsbnd007+Sep 4 2004, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jmmsbnd007 @ Sep 4 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If that's the case, why bother complaining about it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because you claim that it offers no more advantage then not using one.

I fail to see how you can think that. If it truly offered no advantage, it wouldn't be used and would be a pointless script.

And I don't use my mouse wheel to bhop at all. I still can. It's not hard. I don't see why you must insist its that difficult you <b>have</b> to rely on a script to do it. You don't <b>have</b> to have a script or mouse wheel to bhop. It just makes it <b>easier</b> because it requires less <b>skill</b>.
  • tankefugltankefugl One Script To Rule Them All... Trondheim, Norway Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8641Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Who mentioned the pistol script in the first place ..?
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    I'd like to see a demo of you bunnyhopping Silver Fox.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Oetel+Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Oetel @ Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in
    rhythm <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What he said!!!!1 <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    well, I agree. But using a script to "help" you is an unfair advantage.

You're not learning to bhop when you use a script, the script is doing all the work, you're* just mashing the key.

*You're isn't referred to any one in particular, merely a broad based term.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    ...So, is it true that you can still use semicolons in an alias even with mp_blockscripts on?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 09:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Oetel+Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Oetel @ Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in
    What he said!!!!1 <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're not learning to bhop when you use a script, the script is doing all the work, you're* just mashing the key.

*You're isn't referred to any one in particular, merely a broad based term. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    thank you.

script have been blocked, live with it, its one of the few - <i>few</i> good things in this beta.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 03:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Jmmsbnd007+Sep 4 2004, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jmmsbnd007 @ Sep 4 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If that's the case, why bother complaining about it? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because you claim that it offers no more advantage then not using one.

I fail to see how you can think that. If it truly offered no advantage, it wouldn't be used and would be a pointless script.

And I don't use my mouse wheel to bhop at all. I still can. It's not hard. I don't see why you must insist its that difficult you <b>have</b> to rely on a script to do it. You don't <b>have</b> to have a script or mouse wheel to bhop. It just makes it <b>easier</b> because it requires less <b>skill</b>. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Humans are not machines. We all have personal preferences. Some people prefer to obtain the maximum ROF using their finger, other people prefer to use a pistol script. It's personal preference and it offers no realistic advantage. Once again, skill is NOT how fast your muscles are or how soon you can tap spacebar after you land a jump. Skill is having good aim and playing the game with intelligence.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> well, I agree. But using a script to "help" you is an unfair advantage.

*You're isn't referred to any one in particular, merely a broad based term. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bunnyhopping involves crazy things like, you now, move your mouse and strafe in the air in order to gain speed.

You don't know how to bhop.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Oetel+Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Oetel @ Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in
    What he said!!!!1 <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

...and once again, you prove your ignorance when it comes to scripts. A 3jump DOES NOT BUNNYHOP FOR YOU. All of the speed gained from bunnyhopping is from the mouse movements which take a lot of time to learn and perfect.
    edited September 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You're not learning to bhop when you use a script, the script is doing all the work, you're* just mashing the key. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    HAHAHA what? A 3jump does all the work in bhopping? No... sorry try again the skill in bhopping is learning how to accelerate fast and learning how to control it so you can go all over the map. Not trying to time a jump on an inexplainably stupid system.

If what you say was true, then everyone with a 3jump would be the same speed. They aren't...
  • AesyrqweAesyrqwe Join Date: 2004-03-15 Member: 27357Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> well, I agree. But using a script to "help" you is an unfair advantage.

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've stopped using the word fair long ago..

Life ain't fair, and it never will be.. Get used to it and stop your complaining.

Your second statement makes no sense to me, as I use a 3jump script, and I time the jumps instead of "mashing" the key.. It still takes timing which has to be learned..

-Aes-
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jmmsbnd007+Sep 4 2004, 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jmmsbnd007 @ Sep 4 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Oetel+Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Oetel @ Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in

*You're isn't referred to any one in particular, merely a broad based term. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ...and once again, you prove your ignorance when it comes to scripts. A 3jump DOES NOT BUNNYHOP FOR YOU. All of the speed gained from bunnyhopping is from the mouse movements which take a lot of time to learn and perfect. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    so what the HELL is so hard with hitting the spacebar at the right time? instead of holding a key down at roughly the right time?

refer to my first post Jmmsbnd007
    edited September 2004
    You don't hold 3jump down. You tap it just like +jump. The only difference is that instead of having a 1/100 second window in which to tap it before you lose speed, you have a 7/100 of a second window to tap it before you lose speed. WHOOPDEDOO.

that's literally ALL a 3jump does.

it still takes skill timing it and it still can be messed up... it just gives players a little room for human error.
  • AlkillerAlkiller Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28847Members
    edited September 2004
    OK! First let's EXPLAIN SCRIPTS before we argue about them.

1) Leap-Bite script

This script leaps then automatically bites for you. So useless it's ridiculous. Do I really need to explain why it is useless?

2) Blink-Swipe script

Same thing as leap-bite.

3) Pistol script

This script makes you fire twice with one click. It makes it easier on the hand and easier on the mouse.

4) Bhop script

This script comes in two forms. The main form of it is a +3jumps script. What this does is jumps for you 3 times in quick succession. This makes it easier because your timing when bunny hopping does not have to be perfect. You can be off by about a couple milliseconds and still get a bhop going. This is helpful for people who don't have perfect timing. One must still strafe, look left and right, and do all the normal bhopping motions.

5) Client side lastinv

This makes your lastinv/slot1/slot2/slot3/slot4 commands client side and not server side, so they are not affected by lag.

Now let's take a look at #5. This is an example of a good script(though possibly outdated, I'm not sure if client side lastinv was put into beta 5 or not). I know you are new to the term of 'good script' but bear with me. Are you really going to go up to the guy with 300 ping and say he's not allowed to have this?

Overall, stop the hate D:
    <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 04:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Jmmsbnd007+Sep 4 2004, 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jmmsbnd007 @ Sep 4 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Silver Fox+Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silver Fox @ Sep 4 2004, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Oetel+Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Oetel @ Sep 4 2004, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Tobold+Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tobold @ Sep 4 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> bunny hopping is a "skill" of timing and precision - not scripting

learn
    to
    hit
    the
    spacebar
    in

*You're isn't referred to any one in particular, merely a broad based term. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ...and once again, you prove your ignorance when it comes to scripts. A 3jump DOES NOT BUNNYHOP FOR YOU. All of the speed gained from bunnyhopping is from the mouse movements which take a lot of time to learn and perfect. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    so what the HELL is so hard with hitting the spacebar at the right time? instead of holding a key down at roughly the right time?

refer to my first post Jmmsbnd007 <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Once again, preference. There are some people out there that bunnyhop manually. I did it in 1.04. Some people prefer mousewheel. Some people prefer a 3jump. I'd also like to add that you can't get careless in your timing with a 3jump, since there's only... well, 3 jumps, you still have to pay attention to your timing.
    it doesn't do it for you?

Then take it out. You claim it doesn't give you any kind of advantage. Then take it out.

You wont. Because you wont admit that it requires more skill to do it without it and that having it gives you the advantage.

If you could do it without the script, there would be no point to any of this arguing because you'd be able to bhop just fine with the script blocking in place.
This discussion has been closed.