Scanner room HUD chip not working

WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
As the title says. I just built an outpost about 1000m away from my main base. Created a scanner room and got it searching for some lithium. It found a few successfully and the orange blips appeared on the 3D display inside the scanner room. I still had my HUD chip installed from my first scanner room (which has always worked perfectly, showing me the items on the HUD just fine) however the lithium from the new scanner room showed me absolutely nothing on my HUD.

So I thought does each scanner room need its own HUD chip (which would seriously suck) so I used the new scanner room to make another HUD chip and I equipped it. Same thing, absolutely nada on my HUD. The room has power and it finds the materials no problem on the map inside the room, but the HUD thing simply does not work.

Thanks.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2019
    Definitely a bug, no idea what's going on. Perhaps try uploading your saved game and e-mail it and a copy of your output_log.txt and dxdiag info with this description of the bug to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com

Helpful links:

Getting output_log and dxdiag

Uploading saved game files and info
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Thank you. By the way, do you happen to know the normal behavior of a scanner room? What I mean by that is, some times when I load up a saved game, the scanner room 'forgets' how to scan for a lot of things. So before I save and exit there could be 3 pages of items to scan for, and after I load the game up again, there is only 1 page of items.

Is this normal? I find it so frustrating. The technology of the scanner room should remember the signatures for everything from the first time it finds it. I don't understand the logic behind forgetting things it already knew. Unless of course this is yet another bug.

Thanks.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It's how the game works -- the Scanner Room only offers materials to scan that are detected in range, however, it can't "see" that if that part of the game world hasn't loaded in to memory yet. You'll find you can often "encourage" it to pick up on materials that aren't loaded in by using the Camera Drone to scout out the area again or traveling to the location yourself.
  • Dreddpool82Dreddpool82 Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248511Members
    Did you try turning it off and on again?....joking.....try taking the chip out and back in, it may reset it , or even dismantle the scanner room and rebuild it as you get all the parts back, when you dismantle buildings/objects.
    Thanks for the tips! I was in it now and for the first time it gave me the option to scan for Reaper Leviathons lol! Very handy.
  • WhoTnTWhoTnT Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248508Members
    The HUD chip is not for the room but is equipped on your character. The way the scanner room works right now is very strange. The map is only updated when resources are removed from the world so if you stood in your scanner room you would never see the map being updated with new nodes. Nodes on the map are only updated when you collect a resource or if you move far enough for parts of the world to be unloaded or if you quit to main menu and reload your save. I will try to make a mod to fix the way the scanner works if I have the time. I also highly recommend using the Better Scanner Blips mod www. nexusmods. com/subnautica/mods/32
    WhoTnT wrote: »
    The HUD chip is not for the room but is equipped on your character. The way the scanner room works right now is very strange. The map is only updated when resources are removed from the world so if you stood in your scanner room you would never see the map being updated with new nodes. Nodes on the map are only updated when you collect a resource or if you move far enough for parts of the world to be unloaded or if you quit to main menu and reload your save. I will try to make a mod to fix the way the scanner works if I have the time. I also highly recommend using the Better Scanner Blips mod www. nexusmods. com/subnautica/mods/32

Yeah I understand how it works now a little better. I'm already using the better scanner blips mod and it's absolutely BRILLIANT! The way it shows the distance to the material is so helpful. If you do make a mod please comment on this thread as I would love to try that out!