Game freezes seconds after loading into a saved game

DozermanDozerman Canada Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 247989Members
So I've been playing for over 50 hours and loving the game. The last time I saved it I was in the entrance to the Lava Zone in my Cyclops. Everything seemed to save normally and I exited the game. The next morning I loaded my saved game, everything loaded fine. Moved to pilot the sub and video froze with sound continuing to play. Windows error pops up "The program is not responding" waiting for the program does nothing and I have to close. I have tried several times to load and every time, seconds into it, it freezes. I have checked my video drivers and they are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers anyway, Reinstalled the game, and nothing has helped.
I ran the Fire Strike Benchmark and although my score was low compared to most (2010 pc) It was still well above the score on the system requirements of 950 (my score was 1770).

I started a new game and got to about 5 hours when the same problem started happening with that save.

I finally ended up cheating my way through with console commands simply to finish the story to the end, but I know I missed out on a lot that way.

At this point I don't know what to try.

Comments