[Crash] Saved game stuck at "Loading entity cells" May-2018 60072

alan19alan19 Join Date: 2018-06-19 Member: 241553Members
edited June 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
https://pastebin.com/RxsWmMNn
https://pastebin.com/xzrURQXu

Everytime I try to load this saved game, it get stuck at the same place "Loading entity cells" I've left it running for over an hour with no progress...
I can start a new game and save/load it no problem. I think my save file is corrupted. Is there any way to recover from this?
I am 75 hours in, please help!

I tried the following already:
1. Delete CellsCache folder
2. Verified drivers and windows are up to date
3. Verified integrity of game files
4. Reinstalled game
5. Reboot computer
6. Turned off anti-virus

Comments

• alan19alan19 Join Date: 2018-06-19 Member: 241553Members
    @Obraxis or @0x6A7232 Please help. I've started a new game and now this saved game also won't load. Is there any suggestions or anything else I can try? I don't think I can play this game anymore if I am unable to save and continue.
  • JoeyOakenshieldJoeyOakenshield Join Date: 2018-06-25 Member: 241691Members
    Hi Alan19,

I’m assuming that the ‘loading entity cells’ process would load all of the creatures in your world save. Have you been using any commands to make your progress much quicker? These moves can affect your world save and enough of these actions could eventually corrupt your world.
    No, I have not been using any "commands to speed up progress" (I'm not even sure what these are) I've just been playing the game normally.

Also, my last game crashed prior to the hang upon loading, not sure if it is related.

I was able to save/load multiple times with no problem, then the game crashed, now it gets stuck on loading entity cells every time I try to start the game
    Has your computer not been running normally lately? If so I recommend calling up the company that makes your computer. e.g. dell or apple. If none of these solutions work it’s most likely that you have gotten a glitch in some deep areas of the games such the sea emperor. I said this because you have gotten in 75 hours. Popular you tubers have gotten glitches multiple times in this game. It’s quite common. In fact, just recently, my brother got a glitch and now he cannot make a new world and get the normal loadin creatures and even limestone chuncks! This game is quite buggy and you have most likely lost your save sadly unless you have backed up an older version.

I’m sorry if this is the circumstance you find yourself in.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Did you try recovering a broken file, as in 0x6A7232's signature?
    @JoeyOakenshield Thanks for the advice. I think I need to start manually backing up my saves if I want to play this game again (very frustrating)

@narfblat Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried, but didn't help, still can't load...
    No worries man. Just glad I could help.