[BUG] Prawn Suit treating environment like dry land

BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
So I finally made it to the thermal plant (super happy about this), but just as I was trying to find the entrance to the place my Prawn Suit decided to believe it was on dry land. Jump boosters don't work, grapple is a spaghetti noodle. I get out, and I'm walking around on the lava at the bottom without taking damage, but I'm stuck down here and Warpers are teleporting me hundreds of feet into the "air" and I'm getting killed over and over again from fall damage. I finally figured out that if I use the 'warpforward' command I could fix myself, so I'm swimming again (hooray). Prawn Suit needs more convincing though.

What do I do? I'm seriously losing my mind as well as my food and water while I troubleshoot this.

Comments

• RyuujinZERORyuujinZERO Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235999Members
    edited January 2018
    You're probably borked, if you arn't against using the console to get yourself out the mess you could use the command "spawn exosuit" to create a new PRAWN, grab everything off the old one ASAP (You'll need transfer the pressure module expediently), chalk it up as a lost cause and resume your adventure.

If THAT suit behaves the same way, I have no idea what to do xD
  • BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
    Yeah I figured I might have to do that, I was just really hoping to avoid doing something "cheaty." I hate using the console commands even for the 'warpforward' to get my dude swimming again. I've made it this far without dying at all and without using any cheats at all and now it really kills the mood.

Anyone else know of anything?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Flip nocost on and build a mini-base, hop in and out, deconstruct base, flip nocost back off, maybe it'll be reset then? If not, do nocost and a Moonpool as well, dock in that, undock, get rid of base, flip nocost back off.
  • BylliGoatBylliGoat United States Join Date: 2017-11-25 Member: 234114Members
    edited January 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Flip nocost on and build a mini-base, hop in and out, deconstruct base, flip nocost back off, maybe it'll be reset then? If not, do nocost and a Moonpool as well, dock in that, undock, get rid of base, flip nocost back off.

Can't believe I didn't think of this. You're a genius.

EDIT: Well it was definitely a good idea. Didn't work.
  • TwoSeventyOneTwoSeventyOne Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236683Members
    I'd like to re-emphasize this issue as well. It happened to two separate Prawns of mine. I had to spawn the 2nd one because the 1st one treated the area around the Alien Thermal Plant as dry land (no water flight, grappling arm won't pull), and now the 2nd one is doing the same in the Safe Shallows. This one's a real nuisance.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Wait, if spawning a new PRAWN fixed it, try pulling all the upgrades and putting them back in. If not, it's not an upgrade that's bugged, it's the PRAWN itself, not sure if you can even fix that.
  • TwoSeventyOneTwoSeventyOne Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236683Members
    The new PRAWN with the same upgrades eventually displayed the same issue. Whether it's an issue with an upgrade or not, I can't tell.
    Also, spawning a new PRAWN simply spawned a new PRAWN, it didn't fix the original one. Saving and reloading seems to correct the behavior.
  • xm234xm234 Poland Join Date: 2017-03-26 Member: 229207Members
    The new PRAWN with the same upgrades eventually displayed the same issue. Whether it's an issue with an upgrade or not, I can't tell.
    Also, spawning a new PRAWN simply spawned a new PRAWN, it didn't fix the original one. Saving and reloading seems to correct the behavior.

I once had this issue after breaching the surface inside the gun facility with my PRAWN. The hame started to think, that the surface is at he same level (-50m or so) everyehere else. Reloading the game eventually fixed that.
    In general, the game seems to switch between swimming/walking when triggered by passing a "line" or interacting with hatches. If said mechanism fails, you will be stuck walking on the ocean floor forever, unless you make the game check your position. (reloading the game, interacting with a hatch, warping)
    Sadly, docking the PRAWN doesn't seem to do the trick. Even worse, there is a possibility of sending a Cyclops to the nearest phasegate this way :D (haven't had this issue for a very long time though)

That said, I would like to see 2 more commands: manual swim/walk switch and a way to warp with a vehicle.
  • JirataJirata nonayobusiness Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237837Members
    Okay so. I have a fix for this from other peoples experience and intelligence. using the idea of building a mini base, you can make foundation to climb your way to the surface. eg) i was in the sea emperors aquarium and was able to climb to the portal in the back where there is a depressurized area. Going in and out of this, i was able to fix my PRAWN. if you can find an area like this your golden. otherwise, going on land or above sea level is the only way to achieve the same.
  • TornwulfTornwulf Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238320Members
    I went through a warp gate while in my prawn suit and appeared in the wrong location, it's acted like I've been on dry land since. I made it to my base, which was hell, hoping entering it would sort it all out, but it didn't.

I really don't want to start all over, I have my rocket half built and I'm collecting the ingredients for the hatching enzyme with I only have one left. I think I've very nearly beat the game, I don't want to start all the way over now.
  • TornwulfTornwulf Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238320Members
    edited February 2018
    Finally got it to reset after messing with it all day. Flung myself off a cliff about a dozen times and died. You're surprisingly resilient when it comes to taking damage from falls.

Anyways, after dying, water behaves like water again. Thumbs up.
  • StoneE4StoneE4 Join Date: 2016-04-15 Member: 215783Members
    I've had this happen to me before, but the water textures disappeared at the same time.
    This suggestion solved my issue. Maybe it will solve this problem as well.
  • prtcl3prtcl3 Join Date: 2021-03-07 Member: 268132Members
    Very late, but I found that warping to the safe shallows ("warp 0 0 0") then warping back seems to sove the problem.