[SOLVED] Water Has Disappeared

LetsBeChillxLetsBeChillx Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225829Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica Version - 42313
Description - The texture for the water has disappeared
Reproduction steps - I cannot recall exactly what caused this bug to occur (which I understand is highly unhelpful), but I can say that I was messing around with the graphics settings in the F3 tab. I believe I switched the Texture Quality from 3 to 4, and for testing purposes I turned on and off each of the five settings below. Included in the picture are both the F3 and F1 tab information. If any further information is needed, just let me know and I shall gather it.
Pictures or Video - output_log.txt (Error Log) -

Comments

• NachoboyNachoboy Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225727Members
    edited January 2017
    turn off water volume and surface from your F3 menu.
  • LetsBeChillxLetsBeChillx Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225829Members
    No, you are completely right. By selecting those options, the water disappears and reappears. Thank you :)
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    edited September 2018
    This is still happening. I'm using VR. That means I don't have a mouse pointer to click the options in the F3 menu! I closed down the game, started it in non-VR mode, fiddled with those options (which worked), then saved and quit, started up in VR again... and the problem is back! And the options in the F3 menu are back to the wrong way around!

Edit: yeah, it's screwed. I've just tried running it in non-VR mode, checking the options (water comes back), saving and exiting to menu, entering game again, and the water's gone again. And in the F3 menu the options are wrong again. So they're evidently not saved.

Help! The game was going so well! And it's actually really creepy not having any water.

Edit again: I found a workaround at https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/3/1621724915772054373/ , which is to, er, die. And indeed it worked.

I was thinking of playing again on Hardcore mode when I finish the game, but that looks like being impossible now. I don't want to run into this bug again and have that be the end of my run :(
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Wait until after the end of the year. All the console fixes from getting the console version ready for release should be merged in by then, hopefully this kind of stuff will be greatly reduced and/or gone.
  • stratt76stratt76 Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256218Members
    I found a post elsewhere on the net about this: If the ocean has disapeared it will come back after killing the player character. (on respawn it should be back to normal)