Player sliding in Cyclops

2»

Comments

• broxybroxy Members Join Date: 2020-04-15 Member: 260075Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
  • immunetosoundimmunetosound Members Join Date: 2020-09-12 Member: 263915Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Hi. Has a fix been found for this yet? I am also experiencing player sliding while in the cyclops. The cyclops moves by itself gradually which causes me to slide and potentially causing damage to the cyclops by colliding with nearby structures. Hard to explore the depths without constantly worrying what the sub might do left alone.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USAMembers, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Posts: 745 mod
    Do you have a square planter box built in your cyclops? One player has said that walking on those causes these physics issues. They recommend using the small round planters instead.
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • OldMikeyBoyOldMikeyBoy Members Join Date: 2020-09-15 Member: 263989Posts: 2 Freshly registered user
    Have experienced this many times, including after the most recent XB1 update. Will try the planter box suggestion but I don't recall it only happening when walking on the indoor growbed.
  • Recon777Recon777 Members Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Posts: 32 Advanced user
    I've played this whole game through a few times and never had the sliding issue until just now.
    I do think it's related to the indoor growbed. When I placed one in the middle of the ship, just in front of the decoy launcher (the only realistic place to put it) I put some melons in. Soon, I noticed my sub had drifted quite a ways from where I parked it. So I read this thread and got the idea that maybe if I remove the indoor growbed it would help.
    At first, it kept sliding. But then I went to the steering wheel and drove the sub around a bit before exiting. Now, it SEEMS the sub has stopped drifting!! Hopefully it will stay that way.