Player sliding in Cyclops

2»

Comments

• broxybroxy Join Date: 2020-04-15 Member: 260075Members
  • immunetosoundimmunetosound Join Date: 2020-09-12 Member: 263915Members
    Hi. Has a fix been found for this yet? I am also experiencing player sliding while in the cyclops. The cyclops moves by itself gradually which causes me to slide and potentially causing damage to the cyclops by colliding with nearby structures. Hard to explore the depths without constantly worrying what the sub might do left alone.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Do you have a square planter box built in your cyclops? One player has said that walking on those causes these physics issues. They recommend using the small round planters instead.
  • OldMikeyBoyOldMikeyBoy Join Date: 2020-09-15 Member: 263989Members
    Have experienced this many times, including after the most recent XB1 update. Will try the planter box suggestion but I don't recall it only happening when walking on the indoor growbed.
  • Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
    I've played this whole game through a few times and never had the sliding issue until just now.
    I do think it's related to the indoor growbed. When I placed one in the middle of the ship, just in front of the decoy launcher (the only realistic place to put it) I put some melons in. Soon, I noticed my sub had drifted quite a ways from where I parked it. So I read this thread and got the idea that maybe if I remove the indoor growbed it would help.
    At first, it kept sliding. But then I went to the steering wheel and drove the sub around a bit before exiting. Now, it SEEMS the sub has stopped drifting!! Hopefully it will stay that way.
  • Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
    Update: I've continued to have problems with the cyclops. A couple times, I got dropped right out of the sub, which is super frustrating because the game thinks you are not in water and you end up falling a long ways potentially and not being able to swim back to the ship. WHY has this bug not been fixed?
    I find it happens more often if I spend time messing with lockers which I've placed on the ship. One thing I can do to get it to stop is to build a chair and sit in it. Sitting will anchor you to the sub, or perhaps anchors the sub to you. After sitting, the drifting seems to stop for a while, so that's one thing to try. But yes, this problem is quite serious and I'm very surprised it never got patched out.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Does it go away if you deconstruct the square planter?
  • rubi_douxrubi_doux Texas Join Date: 2021-01-12 Member: 266771Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I thought it did but sadly it does not. Idk what to do.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    rubi_doux wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I thought it did but sadly it does not. Idk what to do.

Build new Cyclops, transfer everything over. Might fix it. Optionally blow up the old one for fun. Or keep it in a safe area as a museum of sorts, or a sort of dangerous secondary mobile base.