I actually enjoyed the Eye candy update. (Unpopular Opinion)

BlueSpottedPepperBlueSpottedPepper Austria Join Date: 2017-10-21 Member: 233656Members
Think about it, i have to agree DOF looks bad, but it's very good for screenshots for example. Or lets look at the bright side- The degasi and aurora logs have voices, including the lifepod messages. The bug fixes/balance changes made the game a lot better and you probably will disagree, but I actually enjoy Motion Blur. Now, put the mouse away from that disagree button, because it's just my opinion. And that's what important: there are at least some people who like some of these graphic options most of the people hate. And it's OPTIONAL, you can never have too many optional things. We should be a bit more supportive to the devs and just forget about it and move on, and continue to support the offical launch so the game continues to be awesome. By the way, merry Christmas to everyone in advance!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2017
    Think about it, i have to agree DOF looks bad, but it's very good for screenshots for example. Or lets look at the bright side- The degasi and aurora logs have voices, including the lifepod messages. The bug fixes/balance changes made the game a lot better and you probably will disagree, but I actually enjoy Motion Blur. Now, put the mouse away from that disagree button, because it's just my opinion. And that's what important: there are at least some people who like some of these graphic options most of the people hate. And it's OPTIONAL, you can never have too many optional things. We should be a bit more supportive to the devs and just forget about it and move on, and continue to support the offical launch so the game continues to be awesome. By the way, merry Christmas to everyone in advance!

Prasing UWE, how dare you?

mqdefault.jpg
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited December 2017
    I think it was because this type of update didn't need a video for it. I don't care about the added effects either. I turned them all off. But I wasn't gonna say it was a waste of time. I did like that they added TAA and reflections to the game. People really just want the game completed. And this is the final update before the final release.
  • BlueSpottedPepperBlueSpottedPepper Austria Join Date: 2017-10-21 Member: 233656Members
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    I think it was because this type of update didn't need a video for it. I don't care about the added effects either. I turned them all off. But I wasn't gonna say it was a waste of time. I did like that they added TAA and reflections to the game. People really just want the game completed. And this is the final update before the final release.

Who said this is the final update? ;)
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    DOF is still being tweaked and an improved version is being worked on in the Experimental branch.
  • XzanronXzanron Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225299Members
    I liked the eye candy update as well. I would make a point though that a lot of candy is personal preference. Some people like licorice some don't, after all.

I love most of the changes, but I love most of all that I can disable some of them, the ones that I don't like. Overall that makes it a great update.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2017
    And it's OPTIONAL, you can never have too many optional things.

Hear, hear!

Also, great that DOF is still being tweaked, it didn't feel quite where it needed to be last time I checked, so I had to shut it off after a while.

And Merry Christmas to you as well, @BlueSpottedPepper !
  • cdaragorncdaragorn Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212685Members
    I kind of wonder if a lot of people think that the blurring is entirely caused by the DOF and are hating on it without looking at the other options that were added.

I for one was really confused for a while until I looked up what "chromatic aberration" actually means and got rid of it as soon as I did. Once I did that the blurring from DOF actually looked really nice, just overdone. I finally did turn that off as well because it was honestly giving me a headache. I'm looking forward to seeing their improvements to it down the road, though.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited December 2017
    I'm not alone. I love all the new stuff expect for motion blur. I just hope in the future the new options are off my default .. or at least the motion blur is.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm not alone. I love all the new stuff expect for motion blur. I just hope in the future the new options are off my default .. or at least the motion blur is.

You're going on the list jamin! Motion Blur in this game is all I've got mang! All the other games make fun of me when I turn on motion blur, but Subnautica understands me!