52665 - unable to build Rocket Launch Platform

GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
The Mobile Vehicle Bay takes my materials but does nothing else.

This game was started in stable and then, near the end (in the entrance to the final precursor base), continued. Is that likely the problem?

Another strange issue, up until today I had a laser cutter (even in the previous experimental), now I can't build one, it says I do not have any of the blueprint fragments.

Comments

• elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    I've found sometimes when a new build is released, it resets the fragments you've collected for a blueprint. Like if you don't get them all at once you have to start over. Find somewhere with a bunch of laser cutter fragments, like the Seamoth Bay wreck, and try getting them again.

As far as the rocket launch pad, I remember giving myself the blueprints from the console commands a long time ago, and what you described is what happened. It took my materials and then nothing actually got built. I thought it wasn't implemented yet, which would be consistent with that behavior from the game.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    I had the blueprint completely finished fairly early on, and a laser cutter built, so that doesn't really jive with what you're saying.

As far as the rocket platform, well, I am used to starting over so I guess one more time...
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This is not a bug, we're not releasing the Rocket until 1.0
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    edited August 2017
    I had the blueprint completely finished fairly early on, and a laser cutter built, so that doesn't really jive with what you're saying.

As far as the rocket platform, well, I am used to starting over so I guess one more time...

Ahh, okay. That's a bummer about the laser cutter, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to something similar.

As for the rocket, looks like I was right. *smug*
    It's all good elfcrisis :)

Thanks for the dev clarification/confirmation, Obraxis.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited August 2017
    Anytime They add an update to a BETA game, you should just expect preexisting saves to be messed up.
    It's the nature of the beast.
    < shrug >
    B)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited August 2017
    I can confirm, laser cutter now requires fragments(a few other tech do too). The developers are reducing the starting tech to make the early game simpler.
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Anytime They add an update to a BETA game, you should just expect preexisting saves to be messed up.
    It's the nature of the beast.
    < shrug >
    B)

I expect it to be a possibility, but not a guarantee.
    narfblat wrote: »
    I can confirm, laser cutter now requires fragments(a few other tech do too). The developers are reducing the starting tech to make the early game simpler.

That is probably why, it's a wholly new recipe, though for a preexisting item.
  • XiphorisXiphoris Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235292Members
    I'm still experiencing this problem. I submitted a new bug report about the issue before stumbling across this one:

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/153942/unable-to-build-the-neptune-launch-platform-takes-ingredients-but-nothing-happens#latest
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you're on Stable, build or spwan a new MVB. If you're in Experimental:
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Switch to Stable, then change the "changeset" value in your save's gameinfo.json file to the current Stable build number (59793 IIRC?) and the save will then load into Stable.

• NigerianPrince_NigerianPrince_ aus Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236460Members