Scanner Room menu

LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
I can't find a card anywhere on Trello that mentions the non-functional Scanner Room menu. Are the devs going to give us a way to scroll the menu before release, or some other workaround?

Why not just make it a two-level menu? - split the scannable resources into sub-categories, and list the sub-categories instead of the full list. Click on a category and it expands, voila.

e.g.
Harvesting nodes:
- Basalt Chunk
- Limestone Chunk
- Sandstone Chunk
Ores:
- Copper Ore
- Gold Ore
Natural:
- Cave Sulphur
- Creature Egg
- Heat Area
Man-made:
- Fragment
- Metal Scrap

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited August 2017
    @Obraxis This sounds like a possible workaround to the Scanner Room menu not scrolling bug. Just have the top item be a "back to the top level" (like the '..' directory listing in an old file open dialog). I'm not sure if this bug is mentioned anywhere, but it kind of makes the Scanner Room a PITA to use, as the item you want to scan for isn't shown sometimes. This has been a bug since April at least. Also, there's a hackish workaround there -- List starts with the last item scanned, so you can (sort of) scroll that way but as I said, PITA.

Also, can anyone confirm whether any of these issues from May 2016 remain? that came up when I was searching for 'Scanner Room bug'.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Also, can anyone confirm whether any of these issues from May 2016 remain? that came up when I was searching for 'Scanner Room bug'.

That list:

- the upgrade chips won't get back out of the upgrade panel again - not experienced this
    - deconstructing the scanner room is possible without cams, so you can cheat cam production - still an issue
    - the most common limestones can't be targeted, yet rarer basalt stones can be detected - maybe because the list ran out of space? I have seen Limestone Chunks listed
    - the resources inside stones can't be scanned, although it should be possible - not a bug, but a nice feature to add?
    - when removing a resource and HUD chip is active on the player, it can happen that the HUD target doesn't vanish, forcing me to reset the scan - possibly still an issue, not tested