How long have you guys been here?

123457»

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Hi

Been playing since Silent Running Update and I'm loving Subnautica :smile:

Does anyone know when the next update is planned? Or will be final release next?

Cheers

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Your welcome.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    I remember I started playing right before the H2O update. Since then, I've been playing on and off. I've been waiting to play again since the silent running update, though- want to come back when there's a whole bunch of new content.

Sorry if I interrupted any WWII weapons discussion that y'all were having. As a token of apology, take this weapon from an earlier war: The Vandenburgh Volley Gun!
    tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

Of corse it's American, also I'd like to see the discussion behind the design.

"Um sir, were not going to meet the rounds per minute that we promised the general."

"Add more barrels then"

"But we 50 times under the RPM"

"I said, add... more... barrels!"

More gun is always the answer.

Just ask Gustav
    1fwvzcpcuwyk.jpg

y555ww9pl8zi.jpg

Gives me a reason to watch that show again :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2017
    I remember I started playing right before the H2O update. Since then, I've been playing on and off. I've been waiting to play again since the silent running update, though- want to come back when there's a whole bunch of new content.

Sorry if I interrupted any WWII weapons discussion that y'all were having. As a token of apology, take this weapon from an earlier war: The Vandenburgh Volley Gun!
    tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Um sir, were not going to meet the rounds per minute that we promised the general."

"Add more barrels then"

Just ask Gustav
    1fwvzcpcuwyk.jpg

y555ww9pl8zi.jpg

Just click this for more hilarious reasons
  • MochifiendMochifiend Join Date: 2017-08-20 Member: 232511Members
    Purchased early access in September 2015. Got my father to purchase it in November 2016.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Add more barrels then"

Just ask Gustav
    1fwvzcpcuwyk.jpg

y555ww9pl8zi.jpg

e99.jpg
    50 miles of rail

tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Add more barrels then"

Just ask Gustav
    1fwvzcpcuwyk.jpg

y555ww9pl8zi.jpg

Dont'cha love thomas memes :wink:
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Add more barrels then"

Fun fact, it has 85 barrels. Another fun fact, it fired them all at once
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited August 2017

tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Add more barrels then"

Fun fact, it has 85 barrels. Another fun fact, it fired them all at once

And then there's the more modern version:
    metal-storm.png

The barrels are loaded with caseless ammo that can be fired in extremely rapid succession, so that the last bullet has been fired before the first one hits the target.

They also made a version that used 40mm grenades.

Edit: And to keep this at least slightly on topic, I signed up for the forums shortly after the Cyclops became destructible and the Steam forums blew up (early May I think), so I migrated over here to be a part of a more friendly community, complete with friendly discussions of weaponry in a forum for a game that's intentionally left out weapons...
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    ...complete with friendly discussions of weaponry in a forum for a game that's intentionally left out weapons...

If we can't have them, at least we can fantasize about them!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

tmf0q1g7v4sp.png

"Add more barrels then"

Just ask Gustav
    1fwvzcpcuwyk.jpg

y555ww9pl8zi.jpg

Dont'cha love thomas memes :wink:

I dunno, they scare me mostly :worried:
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    That is useful information. Clever looking at the steam shopping list to find out!

I got Subnautica in July 31, 2016. Most definitely the best $13.00 I've ever spent on an early access game! This may have be early access, but mostly it's always been totally playable and fun (even through the tough lagtastic/clear cache era). I haven't been on the forums all that long though.
  • cy4ncy4n The Kingdom of Reginald Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222316Members
    I got Subnautica right before the Habitat update was released. Over the updates, I have become increasingly confused about the names of various items, and as such I call Bladderfish "Airsacs" and Metal Salvage "Scrap Metal".
    cy4n wrote: »
    I got Subnautica right before the Habitat update was released. Over the updates, I have become increasingly confused about the names of various items, and as such I call Bladderfish "Airsacs" and Metal Salvage "Scrap Metal".

Yeah they change 'em a lot :D
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited October 2017
    gamer1000k wrote: »

Edit: And to keep this at least slightly on topic, I signed up for the forums shortly after the Cyclops became destructible and the Steam forums blew up (early May I think), so I migrated over here to be a part of a more friendly community, complete with friendly discussions of weaponry in a forum for a game that's intentionally left out weapons...

NOPE,SHUT UP THIS IS NOT NECROPOSTING, IT'S ONLY BEEN 1 MONTH AND 27 DAYS. GET THAT MOUSE OFF THE "ATTACH IMAGE" BUTTON!

Honeestly, I'm not sure you saw the overall flame from the cyclops decision. I'm pretty sure some people got banned for it. Was the steam forum's rage really that bad?

And to keep this relevant:

I've been here for about 2 years, but I was only really active for 1 year.
  • AkuMasterofMastersAkuMasterofMasters Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232934Members
    I got into the game after watching Markiplier play it, and got the game somewhere around the infected and silent running update
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Ever since they announced it was their new game after making NS2. Bought the alpha early access in 2014, but didn't play much for a few years until recently. Should have waited for v1.0 to do the full play through, but oh well. Maybe I'll start a fresh game after v1.0 drops and see if I can get a cheap version of VR setup for it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    aeroripper wrote: »
    Ever since they announced it was their new game after making NS2. Bought the alpha early access in 2014, but didn't play much for a few years until recently. Should have waited for v1.0 to do the full play through, but oh well. Maybe I'll start a fresh game after v1.0 drops and see if I can get a cheap version of VR setup for it.

That's what Hardcore mode is for. wink.gif
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Hah, I would rage so hard after dying for stupid reasons like a bug or getting lost and dying due to lack of oxygen.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Hah, I would rage so hard after dying for stupid reasons like a bug or getting lost and dying due to lack of oxygen.

hardcore == hardcore

:tongue:
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    I've got the game for something to do during the early summer steam sale 2015 I've only been on the forums for about a year. This is my 3rd account those other 2 accounts we're deleted because of a computer virus. Curse you Enhanced visuals mod for minecraft. This took me about 20 mins to write because my keyboard is almost frozen.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I bought in somewhere just after the H20 update. My cyclops used to have 4 solar panels on the sides and a nuclear reactor backpack. Limited power my eye!
  • atelescopeatelescope USA Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209259Members
    Since they got the seabase update, April 2015