Make More Subs?

NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
edited May 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
In Subnautica submarines have (pretty much) 2 uses, exploring and mining. In the threads ive been reading up on ive seen some INCREDIBLE ideas for more subs that can do things like, hold water filtration, player controlled torpedo, a research bay, a damn MISSLE LAUNCHER, but it seems like there isnt enough to the default ones and these ideas should be considered more; what do you wonderful people think?

Comments

• NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    It's a close second on them waffles tho
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    How is this even a question... Make it so...
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    How are you going to avoid making bases obsolete, OP?
  • MinderMinder France Join Date: 2016-08-13 Member: 221263Members
    You already know my answer :p
  • gamer1000kgamer1000k Join Date: 2017-04-29 Member: 230121Members
    edited May 2017
    Unless the world is significantly expanded, I don't see much use for anything larger than a Cyclops given how much trouble it has with navigation already.

That said, I can definitely see room for one (or even two) subs between the Seamoth and the Cyclops.

What I would like to see is a sub with about the same amount of interior space as the lifepod or a T/X corridor so we could put a few essentials inside (fabricator, lockers, plant pots, chair, battery charger), but still keep the exterior small enough to comfortably navigate most caves.

Another sub idea could be a multipurpose utility sub that is effectively an underwater pickup truck. By itself it's just a cockpit and thrusters, but it would have a special module slot (like the exosuit arms) that could significantly change what it does. For example, it could be configured to be an exosuit carrier (to get your exosuit out of a deep trench/hole that the Cyclops won't fit in), or carry a large cargo pod with a LOT of storage space.

A wafflemaker would be great as well.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    How are you going to avoid making bases obsolete, OP?

add more needs to actually go to them, almost everything can be done in a cyclops
    gamer1000k wrote: »
    Unless the world is significantly expanded, I don't see much use for anything larger than a Cyclops given how much trouble it has with navigation already.

That said, I can definitely see room for one (or even two) subs between the Seamoth and the Cyclops.

What I would like to see is a sub with about the same amount of interior space as the lifepod or a T/X corridor so we could put a few essentials inside (fabricator, lockers, plant pots, chair, battery charger), but still keep the exterior small enough to comfortably navigate most caves.

Another sub idea could be a multipurpose utility sub that is effectively an underwater pickup truck. By itself it's just a cockpit and thrusters, but it would have a special module slot (like the Cyclops arms) that could significantly change what it does. For example, it could be configured to be an exosuit carrier (to get your exosuit out of a deep trench/hole that the Cyclops won't fit in), or carry a large cargo pod with a LOT of storage space.

pretty good idea mate
  • McBooMcBoo Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230513Members
    gamer1000k wrote: »

*snippage*

Another sub idea could be a multipurpose utility sub that is effectively an underwater pickup truck. By itself it's just a cockpit and thrusters, but it would have a special module slot (like the exosuit arms) that could significantly change what it does. For example, it could be configured to be an exosuit carrier (to get your exosuit out of a deep trench/hole that the Cyclops won't fit in), or carry a large cargo pod with a LOT of storage space.

A wafflemaker would be great as well.

I dig the idea of a salvage type vehicle! It should be slightly bigger than the SeaMoth with the storage capacity of four storage modules and utilize the drill, grabber, and propulsion arms for the Prawn. It should be able to handle a decent amount of damage but move slowly. It would also be cool if you could add a docking port to the moon pool for the salvage vehicle. That way you can just back it in, walk through locker lined storage bay and into the moon pool.

• McBooMcBoo Join Date: 2017-05-15 Member: 230513Members
    edited May 2017
    On the subject of adding things to the existing vehicles. I would like to see some form of SeaMoth storage access added to the Cyclops. It's not logical that we aren't able to access the storage modules once the SeaMoth is docked.

I am thinking that either the launch bay is redesigned with a raised catwalk that slides into and out of place during docking that allows you to reach the storage modules on the SeaMoth or the existing lockers are moved from the lower deck to the upper deck above the SeaMoth (2 on either side each with 16 slots) and add an interface that allows you to move inventory between the storage modules and the lockers.

The idea is that the locker interiors slide down beside the SeaMoth when it is docked. Each locker contains four 4 bin pods that can be swapped out with similar pods in the SeaMoth storage modules or vice versa.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I don't know why this had to be a poll.

The answer is pretty obvious. ;)
    Skope wrote: »
    I don't know why this had to be a poll.

The answer is pretty obvious. ;)

i agree with you.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Outside the current scope of the game. This isn't Star Citizen, with millions of dollars to throw around and hire with. This is a small team, and they're trying to meet a deadline.

New subs are a LOT of work, and not justified by any payoff. "It would be shiny" is not a valid reason.
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    edited May 2017
    atm we can only speculate that the precursors ether had subs or were amphibious i would like to see something ether a sub we can hyjack or the wreck of one we can explore

the precursors got around somehow the cyclops fits the moonpool in the gun like a glove

1k5w07a799s1.jpg

and everyone likes waffles
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    seeing the cyclops in a moonpool makes you wish their was an upper hatch
  • jeodjeod Stuck in Aperture Join Date: 2017-04-12 Member: 229591Members
    edited May 2017
    seeing the cyclops in a moonpool makes you wish their was an upper hatch

Yes, we need a Cyclops Moonpool just for sheer looks... 'Cause why not?
  • Archer_41Archer_41 Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230693Members
    The current subs are limited to the terrain they were fit to.

Sea moth: Tight spaces and quick getaway plan from cyclops or a cave, also good O2 source if in cave

Cyclops: Exploring open water with no obstacles, kind of a home base

PRAWN: Exploring the Lava zones with immense amounts of pressure and heat.

Having a bigger sub than the cyclops with a dock for it could be beneficial because it could act as a movable base, kind of like the death star from star wars.