Silent Running Update Released! - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    L4NDSL1DE wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the Warper's ranged attacks now warp you out of your vehicle when they didn't before? Was back in the Deep Grand Reef to do some drilling with the Prawn and got yanked out of it by a Warper. It was a little surprising but it didn't take me far away from the Prawn. I don't remember that happening before the Silent Running update.

It's always been like that, but it's very easy to dodge the Warpers' warp field attack (it's a projectile). So if you were moving at all, chances are the warp attack will completely miss you. But if you're trying to mine and standing still, yeah, it'll get you easily.
  • L4NDSL1DEL4NDSL1DE Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229850Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the Warper's ranged attacks now warp you out of your vehicle when they didn't before? Was back in the Deep Grand Reef to do some drilling with the Prawn and got yanked out of it by a Warper. It was a little surprising but it didn't take me far away from the Prawn. I don't remember that happening before the Silent Running update.

It's always been like that, but it's very easy to dodge the Warpers' warp field attack (it's a projectile). So if you were moving at all, chances are the warp attack will completely miss you. But if you're trying to mine and standing still, yeah, it'll get you easily.

I guess it's just that rare for me, which is strange because I like to grapple and punch them when I can and have been hit by the attacks (visually) before so I thought it was something broken that got fixed, lol! I might actually be worried about them if it was a bit more reliable. :D

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Swampy15Swampy15 Canada Join Date: 2017-04-24 Member: 229901Members
    When is it coming to Xbox?! I got all existed for the update but I can't even play it! Wtf?
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited May 2017
    I got a 'bone' to pick...

Would it be possible to tone down the frequency of the Boneshark attacks?

I've been trying to navigate my way to the wreck in the Floating Islands and since the current update, I've had to spend almost all my time repairing my Seamoth and/or healing myself, instead of actually exploring that particular area.

It really isn't fun anymore. :/

The aggression of all the larger creatures seems to have been turned up by several hundred percent...

Kinda-sorta has taken all the joy out of the game, when one has to spend 90% of your time fixing the vehicles and healing yourself.
    :|
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I'll second that request.

In my current game, I'd lucked out and gotten the Moonpool and then the Vehicle Modification Station earlier than usual, so I had the Hull Reinforcement before I went to the Floating Islands and other north biomes. And my Seamoth got beaten up so much by Bone Sharks. On some swimout runs I'd come back and find my Seamoth, previously at 100% health, at 55% or lower. At least once it would have been destroyed except for that Hull Reinforcement. And it's not like I can avoid the Bone Sharks completely when there's so many of them and I have to leave my Seamoth to explore inside wrecks.
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    The cyclops still has its uses. You can obviously use it as a mobile base. You can take your PRAWN suit to the entrance of the lost river much quicker. Maybe you found a new place for a base. Take your Cyclops there with all your base supplies and get building. Maybe you're forced to use it because your Seamoth got destroyed. Whenever something happens, itll be there for you even if you don't use it often.
  • L4NDSL1DEL4NDSL1DE Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-04-22 Member: 229850Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I guess it's just that rare for me, which is strange because I like to grapple and punch them when I can and have been hit by the attacks (visually) before so I thought it was something broken that got fixed, lol! I might actually be worried about them if it was a bit more reliable. :D

Thanks for clearing that up!

So...I think the Warpers heard me badmouthing them. They've been slinging fastballs my way lately down in the ILZ, now it's really hard to dodge them! :D

Playing the "stable" April release so not sure if it's normal behavior now, or something gone wacky in that save. I'm pretty sure they are just really that mad at me.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Cyclops is indeed sadly even less useful now.

Currently its only worth it if you need to haul a lot of cargo at once, or drag a prawn somewhere.
    Depending on your state in the game the cyclops can dive deeper than the seamoth, and I used it for that specific purpose. But I guarantee you that the moment my little moth can go deeper, that cyclops will see as few use as possible.

Its not just the frequency of attacks, which Im less worried about. Its not even the speed, although silent mode could be well.. faster.
    Its the utter insane power consumption combined with the poor visibility.

Which brings me to another point. Why not stream cyclops sonar to your characters hud, instead the cyclops. So you can see the entire wireframe through your cyclops wall. And hell, longer.
  • Swampy15Swampy15 Canada Join Date: 2017-04-24 Member: 229901Members
    Where is it on Xbox?! At the very least you can stop being silent, and tell us why Microsoft is delaying it!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Swampy15 wrote: »
    Where is it on Xbox?! At the very least you can stop being silent, and tell us why Microsoft is delaying it!

Microsoft takes up to two weeks to ok updates, and that's if there isn't any Xbox-specific complications. This is not new information.
  • gpfwestiegpfwestie UK Join Date: 2017-04-17 Member: 229699Members
    Wow. I was going to use my cyclops to go to the underwater research facility. I put it 1K SW from the Alien gun place put it in stealth mode and logged out.

When I logged back in it was on fire, and being attacked by some bonesharks. I guesstimate I had 30 - 60 seconds to try and escape before it blew up along with my recently upgraded SeaMoth (needed to get down to 700m).

Balancing doesn't seem right to me, it takes ages to get all the materials for the thing and it lasted 1 trip out of the shallows. It's got to be tougher than it is and have some kind of defences / hull hardening options.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I got a 'bone' to pick...

I've been trying to navigate my way to the wreck in the Floating Islands and since the current update, I've had to spend almost all my time repairing my Seamoth and/or healing myself, instead of actually exploring that particular area.

It really isn't fun anymore. :/

The aggression of all the larger creatures seems to have been turned up by several hundred percent...

Kinda-sorta has taken all the joy out of the game, when one has to spend 90% of your time fixing the vehicles and healing yourself.
    :|

Yeah, ive noticed this as well. Its not the fact that there is alot of them (the more fauna the better, makes the sea more lively instead of devoided of life) but rather the fact that they're all going Full Metal Jacket on you even when you're still a good distance from them and wont leave you alone till you either kill them or flee.

I understand that those predators are meant to be very territorial but if theres going to be that many of them almost everywhere something needs to be done or else this will greatly discourage alot of players to explore the places you Devs worked so hard to hand-design.

Suggestions:

Lower the damage Bonesharks inflict per hit a notch
    Lower aggression of Bonesharks a tad
    Increase the effectiveness of Decoys, right now they're not all that great (and make them 2x2 in inventory instead of 3x3
    Decoys could be adapted to be fired from the Seamoth's Torpedo Launcher Tubes (same for the PRAWN's torpedo arms)
  • exdawarpgamingexdawarpgaming Join Date: 2017-05-14 Member: 230490Members
    the Silent running update is still not on xbox one yet