Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Problem Resolved - Subnautica

13»

Comments

• subnautilicioussubnautilicious Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250542Members
    2019 now playing full release, having a blast, 30 hours in game, when I get something similar to this. It doesn’t take back to the main screen with an error message, but the loading screen just freezes. Spent over two hours trying to make it work to no avail. Fix this!
  • crandyman656crandyman656 Ohio Join Date: 2018-02-21 Member: 238052Members
    I can’t even save my game. It plays ok terrain still loads in super slow, but I go to save and and the spinning icon just stays in the corner saving forever will not go away. I have to close the game and reopen it to get the game to work again and it didn’t save the game. It’s like rolling dice with saving I have tried saving every ten minutes and sometimes it take one time and does it again other times ten saves.. but I have lost over ten hours of grinding and exploring because of this bug. I love the game but PLEASE FIX this!! I’m begging you. I want to play but what is the point if I have to repeat the same thing over and over. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. This only started happening after the last update in January. Please help
  • BenEdwardsBenEdwards England Join Date: 2019-12-21 Member: 256638Members
    Yeah..... no it hasn't been. Its literally December 2019 and I'm stuck here, every part of the terrain apart from the part I'm at and my base has despawned completely, and it's been saying its saving with the logo at the top right for a solid hour now. I can't do anything, I can't progress and I don't want to lose all the progress I just gained. I love the game but I've had it for almost 2 years now, and shit like this still hasn't been fixed...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Might want to make a new thread "Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Problem Dec 2019 Edition" or similar -- you're posting in a thread with the description "Resolved" in it.
  • SeekfluidintakeSeekfluidintake Australia Join Date: 2019-12-24 Member: 256695Members
    Another save/load problem Dec 2019, my game (xbox1) won't load in, it just crashes... I can't even start a new game, please help I started playing 2 weeks ago and I love this game
  • CarelvdmCarelvdm Join Date: 2020-01-06 Member: 257001Members
    Having issues loading my saved game on Xbox One S. I don't get any error messages. Once I've clicked on my saved game to load it, the screen just freezes and then after a minute or so it jumps out of the game back to the Xbox home screen. This is EXTREMELY disappointing - I've done around 60 hours so far!!!!
  • Rmac777Rmac777 Join Date: 2020-01-08 Member: 257047Members
    I am having trouble loading my save as well. When it starts to sync the game, it goes for longer than usual attempting to access my save, Iget an error code saying my saved game data cant be found and gives two options, try again or use offline.

• dcathralldcathrall UK Join Date: 2020-01-09 Member: 257075Members
    It's January 2020 and I am having issues saving in Subnautica on XBox One. Please can somon advise what the issue might be. When I save the 'Saving Game...' icon in the top left corner never goes away and the game never saves (I have left it over night) so I end up shutting the XBox down and having to re-do everything that I had done already. I love this game but it is getting very frustrating now and I am put off playing sadly :(
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    There are issues syncing with the cloud, see if disabling cloud saves helps.
  • KalimKalim Join Date: 2020-02-10 Member: 257744Members
    I had the cloud sync issue, and have been unable to use that save data since.
    I worked around it by starting fresh in offline mode, but i did just get the big red button saying "save data loading failed" on my offline game. Luckily, restarting fixed my offline save, but I remain unable to use my old cloud data, which is still further than I've managed to get on my current save.
  • pavoinpavoin Join Date: 2020-03-08 Member: 258606Members
    It happened to me yesterday and I spent 2 days of my life in that save file. Now it says that the save data loading failed.
  • mrsskiesmrsskies Ireland Join Date: 2020-05-16 Member: 261082Members
    My son loves this game however it is becoming my nightmare. He has an Xbox one and keeps getting the error " can't load saved games" and "cannot sync data .." No other game gives this issue. I have physically bought the game ( as well as the online version).. Reset console as per MS XBOX one instruction, connected the xbox directly to Internet using Ethernet... and still same error.. He is a significant way into the game and it looks like he will have to start again ?? Please can someone tell me how to fix this??!!
  • Insygnia79Insygnia79 Join Date: 2020-06-15 Member: 261886Members
    My son just lost 7 hours of progress and he is really frustrated what I completely understand. It's second time in just few days. How to avoid it?
  • ion2strikerion2striker mississippi Join Date: 2020-09-15 Member: 263975Members
    edited September 2020
    bull, its still broken. ive played a good 8-10 hours so far and went to save and go to sleep. saved, waited for the icon to leave, rhen closed the game and turned off my console...GUESS WHAT, the game says it never happened while my console says the save exists.
  • Ante11Ante11 USA Join Date: 2020-10-20 Member: 264839Members
    As of October 19th 2020 the save glitch IS STILL A PROBLEM!!
  • FlexwizdomFlexwizdom Join Date: 2020-11-06 Member: 265258Members
    November 2020, and I'm having this same issue.. This conversation started a long time ago! I just lost 15 hours if I can't get this save file back and I'm already losing motivation to recoup that myself. Disappointed!
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    1. Set Console to 'Cold' Boot.
    2. Move SN alone to SSD.
    3. Use Copper not WiFi.
    4. Save more often.
    I use a 256GB SSD, It uses 2.8% of the disk.
    Time to Load a save is usually < 30 secs +- 5 to 8 secs.
    If a game doesn't seem right, kill it, quit SN, restart SN, start a new game.
    A few days ago I was 8 hrs in and if couldn't find drill arm fragments,
    I knew where they were, in the wreck at 450m depth 600m+ away from the Degasi Base (550m depth),
    As the game was 8+ hrs old, I felt that starting over was the best course.

My best time so far to 'Up-Planet' is 9hrs 50mins.
    How do I do that? I do the absolute minimum gathering resoures, scanning, building.

Hope that helps.