Stop Shaming The Devs

2»

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    German tanks weren't slow by any stretch of the imagination and there were late war tanks that had enough punch. Firefly comes to mind, but most German tanks had to deal with being overun and allied anti-tank guns, artillery and air superiority. On the oposite for American tanks, they were't racing cars either. Do U.S.S.R tanks at least have shoddy guns, also T34 wasn't thick armorer... What, are they all driving around in KV and IS2? And still no infantry :D

I just want a game with historical accurate battles where tanks (and the rest of the armies) meeting each other on the field actually met each other in real life...

As long as a game doesn't have at least most of this content it still has work to do :D
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/vehicles.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/weapons.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/maps.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/statics.php

Heck the only thing that is amusingly accurate are the Japanese tanks, They were more of a naval/airfoce nation

I'm sorry, I'm just so damn underwhelmed and am ranting as well. Let's not go off-topic any further :D
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    German tanks weren't slow by any stretch of the imagination and there were late war tanks that had enough punch. Firefly comes to mind, but most German tanks had to deal with being overun and allied artillery and air superiority. On the oposite for American tanks, they were't racing cars either. Do U.S.S.R tanks at least have shoddy guns, also T34 wasn't thick armorer... What, are they all driving around in KV and IS2? And still no infantry :D

I just want a game with historical accurate battles where tanks (and the rest of the armies) meeting each other on the field actually met each other in real life...

As long as a game doesn't have at least most of this content it still has work to do :D
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/vehicles.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/weapons.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/maps.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/statics.php

Heck the only thing that is amusingly accurate are the Japanese tanks, They were more of a naval/airfoce nation

I'm sorry, I'm just so damn underwhelmed and am ranting as well. Let's not go off-topic any further :D

Germans have the maus and tiger branch. I main as them and they are slow. Anything is faster then a tiger 2 P going uphill.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    Oh well then, so it has the Maus, E100, IS3? Why not go even wackier and add the Löwe, Ratte and Monster as well :tongue: The game seems like some fun could be squeezed out of it with the sheer amount of kabooms and awesome looking tanks. But I bet I will start to get annoyed after a while, especially when seeing an operational Maus, E100 or IS3, IS4 on the field :D

Seems like a game based around "Forgotten Hope: secret weapons mod" a few funmaps with Hitler's super weapons and post war/concept tanks in there
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Just posting an answer to a previous thread request...

3e7bd9701eccf8892d02d804a2404b1903476d7a00e18b046c75812f5d8d2e4a.jpg

B)
  • AgentSkellyAgentSkelly Chicago Illinois At The Moment Join Date: 2017-03-09 Member: 228760Members
    Qbo wrote: »
    there trying there hardest to make a great game and make every one happy. but there just people and there trying to make a fun amazing experience but they will try to do everything they can in there power to make every one happy. but theres some things they just cant do though such as multiplayer.

not trying to be a prick, but

They're trying their hardest to make a great game and make every one happy. but they're just people and they're trying to make a fun amazing experience but they will try to do everything they can in their power to make every one happy. but there are some things they just cant do though such as multiplayer.

Yeah i saw that after i posted the thread but im kinda lazy... Obviously but now that you put that out *There* I went and fixed it Thanks though xD
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited March 2017
    War Thunder, pfffff. Reducing mechanised warfare to rock/paper/scissors with arcade tank battles. GTFO.

I'm with you @Kouji_San.

If you like strategy games, you might want to check out Men of War: Assault Squad 2. The vanilla game is more realistic than 99% of games, but there are some REALLY realistic mods that make it freaking incredible. Real armor values, penetration, etc. The tank combat is a hundred times more realistic than anything I've seen in other games. Realism mods and multiplayer give days of fun.

Personally I prefer combined arms, this video gives a good idea of what I love to see;

But you can have big tank only battles, and you can directly control units, to get fun battles like this;
    edited March 2017
    Hehe yeah that is what was I was looking for @EnglishInfidel :D

Rock paper scissors

BF1942 was like that, FH and other mods fixed it. Of course you could technically still call it "rock paper scissors", which is kinda true for most things. But at least it wasn't based on "oh this unit must be stronger than that one" -> Gimme realistic units man, not some random stuff which "fits the game". At least for semi-sims and war games based on history and to some extent realism. Heck back in FH there were maps that favored one team (historical accuracy) and only after a while, the other team got support in the form of tanks/air support (historical accuracy) :tongue:

But during the first half of those maps, ie the Germans would own the map. Unless some really good players on the allied teams started kicking ass ((historical inaccuracy :trollface: ). Those maps were still a lot of fun with safe areas in the main base.

Gameplay was like this:

- Push map, capture flags in a certain mandatory order towards an objective
    - The initially stronger team would base their win on ticket bleed
    - The other team, once they could potentially push back the enemy, based their win on base captures

Very interesting and dynamic gameplay on those maps

The D-Day maps are the most famous example of this scenario (after a while them paratroopers come dropping in and even later some neat allied tanks :D) Also it was never a Steam role, because those tanks are still easy to take out if used wrong. DAMMIT the memories on that game!!!

Also we're tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo off-topic now lol

<span style="background-color:red;font-color:white">You have posted 5 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.</span>
    Forum can't keep up with me, anti spam system. Well at least it's something \o/

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited March 2017
    War Thunder, pfffff. Reducing mechanised warfare to rock/paper/scissors with arcade tank battles. GTFO.

I'm with you @Kouji_San.

If you like strategy games, you might want to check out Men of War: Assault Squad 2. The vanilla game is more realistic than 99% of games, but there are some REALLY realistic mods that make it freaking incredible. Real armor values, penetration, etc. The tank combat is a hundred times more realistic than anything I've seen in other games. Realism mods and multiplayer give days of fun.

Personally I prefer combined arms, this video gives a good idea of what I love to see;

But you can have big tank only battles, and you can directly control units, to get fun battles like this;

Eh the Rock Paper Scissors system doesn't really work out.
    Sure a standard medium tank can take out a light tank. But then that medium tank can be killed by anti air platforms (they use artillery shells as ammo). And some anti air can take out heavy tanks, light tanks can out run a heavy tanks rotation speed and a air bomber can reck any type of tank.
    It's more Rock, Paper, Scissors, screw you I got a premium tank, Russian bias, aeroplane.

Also arcade isn't the only play mode, there's realistic mode where plane's wings can snap off and you need to land to reload and then there's simulation where the entire game there is no hud and it's in first person, realistic best in my opinion as in arcade the place to aim is displayed and that's pretty much a death sentence in a German tank with side armour thiner then a holocaust survivor
    NO BRAIN, NO.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    +1 for making me laugh.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    edited April 2017
    Ok so this is my personal opinion but i keep scrolling though the multiple threads here and im noticing that almost half of them are negative and are not supportive towards the games devs. they're trying their hardest to make a great game and make every one happy. but they're
    just people and they're trying to make a fun amazing experience but they will try to do everything they can in their power to make every one happy. but there are some things they just cant do though such as multiplayer. ive seen hundreds of negative and offensive comments directed at the devs because they wont be doing multiplayer or co op play. but what these people need to realize it would take YEARS! to rebuild the game for multiplayer because its currently built for single player. and they said they may release another version of the game kinda like dont starve with friends but only after the full release. and only maybe but another topic i see people blaming and shaming the devs over is performance and bugs. ITS A PRE RELEASE PROGRAM! c'mon people games are always bound to run into issues at some point. especially ones in development and theres no need to attack the creators they understand you may be angry or annoyed. but there trying they really are so please just dont be so aggressive towards them there job is already hard enough. Feel free to leave your opinion below. Thanks!

2qn7i24l8bw9.jpg

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2017
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Ok so this is my personal opinion but i keep scrolling though the multiple threads here and im noticing that almost half of them are negative and are not supportive towards the games devs. they're trying their hardest to make a great game and make every one happy. but they're
    just people and they're trying to make a fun amazing experience but they will try to do everything they can in their power to make every one happy. but there are some things they just cant do though such as multiplayer. ive seen hundreds of negative and offensive comments directed at the devs because they wont be doing multiplayer or co op play. but what these people need to realize it would take YEARS! to rebuild the game for multiplayer because its currently built for single player. and they said they may release another version of the game kinda like dont starve with friends but only after the full release. and only maybe but another topic i see people blaming and shaming the devs over is performance and bugs. ITS A PRE RELEASE PROGRAM! c'mon people games are always bound to run into issues at some point. especially ones in development and theres no need to attack the creators they understand you may be angry or annoyed. but there trying they really are so please just dont be so aggressive towards them there job is already hard enough. Feel free to leave your opinion below. Thanks!

2qn7i24l8bw9.jpg

In case anyone can't see that ^, click here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5019629/uploads/editor/yy/2qn7i24l8bw9.jpg

EDIT: Aaaand, now it's loading. lol
This discussion has been closed.