Am I the Only One?

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
There was a lot of bad reviews from people I had been asking about the game Subnautica (before I bought it). They said there was way too much lag, that the game wasn't meant for the Xbox and that the game would constantly crash. This was from just about everyone I asked who played the game. I seem to be the only one who rarely get really bad lag (if there's any lag at all) and it hasn't crashed and aside from the minor "dead zone" glitch I've gotten, the game is great!

I have an Xbox One S; does the type of Xbox One (be it the Xbox One or One S) matter when it comes to game performance?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It also depends on your playstyle. Especially if you play in Creative (and don't gather resources), you won't get lag. If you only harvest what you need to build, your lag will most likely be minimal. If you hoard everything just in case because you might as well for the day that you need it, (gathering a lot of resources), you'll get lots of lag, as there's a bug that causes performance problems when resources are gathered (among other bugs that affect performance).
  • RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members
    The Xbox isn't the problem, the game just needs a ton of optimization, every update they improve the performance and add a lot of new content.
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    It also depends on your playstyle. Especially if you play in Creative (and don't gather resources), you won't get lag. If you only harvest what you need to build, your lag will most likely be minimal. If you hoard everything just in case because you might as well for the day that you need it, (gathering a lot of resources), you'll get lots of lag, as there's a bug that causes performance problems when resources are gathered (among other bugs that affect performance).

Just two days ago I had gotten my Cyclops (his name is Jarvis ^_^) and just yesterday I started making lockers (I know there's a bunch already on Jarvis but I hate having to go to the lower floor to get to them) and I was 'hoarding' a bunch of supplies because I was going to head on down to the deeper areas of the water and I didn't get any bad lag. Well, then again, I was starting to use the majority of my supplies to help make batteries and power cells and food and water and such. But I have a ton of quartz, copper, silver, titanium, gold, lead, glass, silicone, lithium, magnesium, common coral, table coral, salt, etc; all in my lockers and I'm not getting bad lag.

But yeah, at first, my playstyle was just "get only what you need" because my inventory was limited until I got my cyclops. Now I want to get as much supplies as I can because I don't know how much "common" supplies I'll find down in the deeper waters and I don't want to end up having to go back up towards the surface.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XBX1S; I bought this game in late Nov. Installed it on my new XBX1S.
    Things didn't go well. Like eveyone else, I used to save inside the Moth or Cyclops.
    When I reloaded I had to swim 1Km to fetch the sub.
    In early Dec I started losing subs after a reload even when I saved in the water.
    A few times I had a Moth docked in the Cyclops. Yep both subs gone.
    I still had my old XBX1 so I used that until they fixed the code.
    What 'dead zone'?
    Ronslo wrote: »
    The Xbox isn't the problem, the game just needs a ton of optimization, every update they improve the performance and add a lot of new content.

If that's the case, then, they need to up the performance so it exceeds the content.
    Shotout wrote: »
    XBX1S; I bought this game in late Nov. Installed it on my new XBX1S.
    Things didn't go well. Like eveyone else, I used to save inside the Moth or Cyclops.
    When I reloaded I had to swim 1Km to fetch the sub.
    In early Dec I started losing subs after a reload even when I saved in the water.
    A few times I had a Moth docked in the Cyclops. Yep both subs gone.
    I still had my old XBX1 so I used that until they fixed the code.
    What 'dead zone'?

I saved in the water ALL THE TIME and I was fine (mainly because those were the times I didn't have time to get back to my lifepod because I had to go to work or because I was called for supper). I never lost anything (aside from my damn floating locker with all of my good crap!).

"Dead Zone" - when there was nothing spawning in; no fish, schools, mobs or outcrops or materials or salvage.
    XBX1S; In the Lost River you'll find some Nickel, Sulphur (looks like Quartz), AL2O3 and Uranite.
    Once if found a Titanium deposit. Once. All the other stuff I use the Cyclops.

I kept forgeting things topside so I built wall lockers on the starboard hull on the lower deck
    for the moonpool, power, ladder and fabrication categories.

I made all of the sub-assemblies topside and put them and the individual parts that I would need in the wall lockers,
    Cpus, wire kits, lubricant, ingots, nuke rods etc.

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    The Xbox S is a tiny...tiny bit faster than the regular XBox. However the next Xbox patch should have *some* noticeable performance improvement. How much it's hard to say, but during testing going back to the last patch I was able to notice the difference by eye.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    The Xbox S is a tiny...tiny bit faster than the regular XBox. However the next Xbox patch should have *some* noticeable performance improvement. How much it's hard to say, but during testing going back to the last patch I was able to notice the difference by eye.

AWESOME! ^(030)^
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    If you're on the fence about it, I'll tell you right now, its totally worth it.
    About the 'dead zone'
    When I notice it, I surface and let the O2 fill up, and look again.
    After 3 tries I save the game and reload. However, many times the resouces and fauna load
    and everything is ok. But sometimes nothing works, I turn off the XBX and hope that it will work
    on the next reload.