Please make the Sea Emperor have a female voice!

2»

Comments

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    edited February 2017
    ignore this idk how to get rid of it
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    Female lions still roar like male lions. I imagine it'd be the same for the leviathan class creatures.

But what if I told you I could tell the difference between a male and female lion roar, a male and female dog bark, etc? B)
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    Female lions still roar like male lions. I imagine it'd be the same for the leviathan class creatures.

But what if I told you I could tell the difference between a male and female lion roar, a male and female dog bark, etc? B)

Well barking and telepathy/speaking are two different things.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    They should get a chorus of the whole human vocal range and have them shout the words in your head with stereo settings.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    They should get a chorus of the whole human vocal range and have them shout the words in your head with stereo settings.

Or possibly something like having a bunch of people just repeating the same line, meshing them together, and playing them at the same time, and ending up with a message that sounds alien and strange, but is still understandable.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Wouldn't it be "Sea Empress" then?

Before the developers decided that there should be only one "gender" They said that even if it is female we should refer to it as the emperor.

But that's grammatically incorrect.

That's like calling a woman "sir" or "mr".

[!][!][!] WARNING - SALT INCOMING [!][!][!]
    The SPECIES is called a sea emperor, it just happens that the last surviving one is female. T rex had "king" in the name (rex is latin for king) but we don't call female ones "T-regina", now do we?(regina is latin for queen) Just clearing that up for people who wanted to know what to call a sea emperor. Sorry about the salt, I've just had to answer this TOO MANY times.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    kingkuma wrote: »

Before the developers decided that there should be only one "gender" They said that even if it is female we should refer to it as the emperor.

The SPECIES is called a sea emperor, it just happens that the last surviving one is female. T rex had "king" in the name (rex is latin for king) but we don't call female ones "T-regina", now do we?(regina is latin for queen) Just clearing that up for people who wanted to know what to call a sea emperor. Sorry about the salt, I've just had to answer this TOO MANY times.

Yep, never seen a female emperor penguin referred to as an empress before.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yes, we call our cars "she". I have looked and looked but never found any boobs on my car :D
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited February 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »

Apology not accepted.

A simple sentence long, salt-free answer would suffice. Frankly not that difficult and doesn't justify a snarky response.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Yes, we call our cars "she". I have looked and looked but never found any boobs on my car :D

Cars, ships, guns..... what IS the deal with that?
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »

Cars, ships, guns..... what IS the deal with that?

CAUSE IT PART OF HE MALE PATRIARCHY TO OWN WOMEN.

(note I am not a feminist, this was mainly used for satire. Please leave your triggers at the door)
  • IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    So all animals reproduce like frogs except that females do both parts.

Also i don't think the emperor should have a voice because that would make them seem more like villains. In my mind they are not wrong in any way and can even be seen as good, even when facing a cataclysmic event they sill care enough about life in the universe to set up a costly system to stop the spread of the disease.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
  • ICirceIICirceI Join Date: 2016-11-27 Member: 224267Members
    edited February 2017
    Is this a troll thread? Being male does not make something inherently hostile nor does being female make something gentle or passive.

Falkor:

Borg Queen:

Which one is less hostile?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Unless the Sea Emperor Leviathan is telepathic or some other weird form of communication, it should use distorted whale sounds. Having it speak in English is far too disturbing.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    Apparently it is actually going to be telepathic.