Question regarding Subnautica voice actress

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
A few days ago, one of the channels on YouTube I keep up with, Disguised Toast*, posted a video regarding a leak for an upcoming HearthStone expansion. The video talks about a voice actress by the name of Lani Minella, who does voiceovers for HearthStone cards (minions). She had her updated resumé posted to her site, which lists her roles in video games she's played; but the point of this thread is about the 36 second mark of the video when Toast highlights the HearthStone entry. Just below the highlight it reads: Subnautica / Sunbeam Captain / Unknown Worlds. Now this is interesting, as of the current Early Access story, we already know that the Sunbeam Captain is Avery Quinn and has a voice actor... that's right, actor not actress.

So what does this mean, is it a mistake? It's not likely that a prominent actress would make such an error, nor would they willingly lie on their resumé. Is Tony Hale being replaced by another person in 1.0? Avery Quinn as he is now is such a nice guy, I'd hate to see him replaced with another entity. Or what I hope is more likely, Lani Minella will voice the Captain of the Aurora instead; she just got the two roles confused. At any rate I'm eager to see who else we'll come into contact with as the Subnautica 1.0 launch approaches!

*For those who are wondering, Disguised Toast gets his name and icon from the HS minion card SI:7 Agent. When summoned he says "Ha, this guy's toast!" which can be misheard as "Ha! Disguised Toast!" ;)

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited February 2017
    Perhaps she's the captain of the Aurora and we get a voice log later, and it was a typo? Regardless, @Obraxis -- enlighten us, please! Or at least tell us you can neither confirm nor deny the above without tasering us to death afterwards.
    ArtooArcWelder-ROTJ.png
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    Maybe she did in fact voice the lines for Sunbean while the devs were ironing out the story, and her lines were dropped for some reason.