Funny Subnautica pictures and memes

Comments

• kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    DaveyNY wrote: »

I rather doubt that The First Order will ever Beg for anything...
    They'll just shoot ya in the head if you disagree
    B)

why do we care what B movie villains think?

EDIT: Sorry to all the actual B movie villains I just insulted.

Yeah, agreed, the force awakens was too good to qualify as a B movie.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    so what used to be a meme thread is now all about whoever the first order is

please please please tell me you know who The First Order are.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    kingkuma wrote: »

B)

The only thing force awakens qualifies for is to be burned.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    We need this thread to go back to memes before it dies lol

Screenshot_2017-10-29_12-42-40.jpg

image.png
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited October 2017

B)

Han Solo fan, I presume? ;)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    Skope wrote: »

B)

He is the best character in that space show filled with silly magic tricks

/me runs away and hides
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    He still gave his kid the best shot at eventually turning around, or, failing that, at lest slowing down his growth of evil power. I mean, Ren's supposed to have this be his final freeing moment of going to the dark side, and instead, is shown a final act of kindness by someone he has betrayed utterly and completely.
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    ShuttleBug wrote: »
    so what used to be a meme thread is now all about whoever the first order is

please please please tell me you know who The First Order are.

no i do not know who the first order is
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited October 2017
    @Ralij Don't put The Force Awakens as B movie.

It is a disservice to a classic like this

maxresdefault.jpg

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2017
    B-movie isn't exactly an insult even in most cases. Some B-Movies can completely outclass them blockbusters

Also aren't we completely off-topic here :D
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Skope wrote: »

B)

Since this is very off-topic, going to put this in spoilers.
    Was quite fine with Han and expected him to die since Harrison Ford has said how much he dislikes that role and kinda expected it to be a transition where the old cast gets killed off anyway. The First Order does not come across as capable, they even have a 'im in charge and shiny, shoot me please' officer. Vader and Tarken came across early on especially as evil and capable. Palpatine was a mastermind. Maul was imposing and vicious. The First Order comes across as evil versions of the Three Stooges. Maybe Snoke will pull it together, but I don't have much hope.

The republic is even worse since they fell apart in a day.

Finn's character is completely unbelievable. It seems more like they picked up a random dude in Chicago and stuck him in the role than someone who was a brainwashed stormtrooper who made a decision to rebel. Even janitors go through basic and in-movie they state they brainwash them. There is no believable reason for him to go rogue doing what he has been trained to do. He has no tactical mindset to speak of.

Rey's 'oh look I can use the force all of a sudden' was a remarkable ass-pull. I can buy subtle use of the force (ie Anakin's quick reactions, Luke's intuition) but the whole 'im just going to mindwash this random person' is more than I find believable, doubly o when that person is a stormtrooper who has already been mindwashed. Obi-Wan was effectively a Jedi Master when he pulled it off, then this random force sensitive girl does the same thing? Oh look, I have a mastery level of force use when its convenient for the plot and then sucks at it when the plot suits it.

Kylo makes moody teenage Anakin look composed. I'd rate his 'im going to break random things because I'm edgy' on par or worse than Anakin's attempts at romance.

I would rate Jar Jar Binks as a better character than most in that piss poor excuse for a movie.

There are a lot of minor things I disliked, but those I could get past if not for the above. Its just one thing after another that either makes no sense or is simply unbelievable. The best part of the movie was when it ended and I got over to the nearest trash can to vomit.

Perhaps we should move this into the OT section?

And to stay on target....
    vk4gpm1qe4zd.jpg
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    {OT}
    but the whole 'im just going to mindwash this random person' is more than I find believable, doubly o when that person is a stormtrooper who has already been mindwashed. Obi-Wan was effectively a Jedi Master when he pulled it off, then this random force sensitive girl does the same thing? Oh look, I have a mastery level of force use when its convenient for the plot and then sucks at it when the plot suits it.

Actually, a brainwashed person would be much, much easier to Force-persuade. Remember, Obi-Wan said it works on the weak-minded. Brainwashed people have essentially had their will trained out of them; they only do what they're told. As Kim-Jung clowny as the First Order is, wacky instructions that are contradictory and make no sense were probably a normal occurrence for First Order Stormtroopers, he probably didn't think anything of it (it's not his place to think / question orders).
    f10.jpg
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    {OT}
    but the whole 'im just going to mindwash this random person' is more than I find believable, doubly o when that person is a stormtrooper who has already been mindwashed. Obi-Wan was effectively a Jedi Master when he pulled it off, then this random force sensitive girl does the same thing? Oh look, I have a mastery level of force use when its convenient for the plot and then sucks at it when the plot suits it.

Actually, a brainwashed person would be much, much easier to Force-persuade. Remember, Obi-Wan said it works on the weak-minded. Brainwashed people have essentially had their will trained out of them; they only do what they're told. As Kim-Jung clowny as the First Order is, wacky instructions that are contradictory and make no sense were probably a normal occurrence for First Order Stormtroopers, he probably didn't think anything of it (it's not his place to think / question orders).
    f10.jpg
    Fin breaking his brainwashing could of been so much better in they showed more attention to the storm trooper he was with that got shot. In one of the comics it was explained that the trooper was find best friend or something (didn’t read the comic) and if they showed other troopers rebelling it could of made the scene more believe-able.

When you look at a new hope in retrospect all the character development was crap, leia went from British princess to American loudmouth seemingly after leaving her prison cell. Luke was just.... awkward (He listens for voices in his head without obiwan even telling him about force ghosts)

Also why didn’t Vader use the force in the trench? Like just push him into a wall or something or choke him.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    edited November 2017
    uqehyx7vbjjy.jpg

DA!!! DA DA DAH DA!!

The sequel to Lag less Larry:

ojiejw9uix11.png
    uqehyx7vbjjy.jpg

Good stuff this is.
  • RecursionRecursion The cosmos Join Date: 2017-07-01 Member: 231505Members
    I just translated the subnautica steam description into every google translate language up to french, and got this:
    Plate of Ota, volcano, hump All trips
    Recursion wrote: »
    I just translated the subnautica steam description into every google translate language up to french, and got this:

Gotta love google translate sometimes
    zg6d3yk7f173.jpeg
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited November 2017

zg6d3yk7f173.jpeg

*loud screaming*GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members

zg6d3yk7f173.jpeg

*loud screaming*GOTTA GATCH THEM ALL

gotta (gatch) them all?

zg6d3yk7f173.jpeg

*loud screaming*GOTTA GATCH THEM ALL

gotta (gatch) them all?

Yes
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Beautiful isn't it?
    edited November 2017
    Stack a bunch of vertical connectors on top and you can reach the moon of planet 4546B
    mkah13ncp8sl.png

I don’t...How?

In all honesty how did you do that :open_mouth:
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Magic

Could you perhaps share this "vertical connector stacking" technology with our space agencies?
    edited November 2017
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited November 2017
    Stack a bunch of vertical connectors on top and you can reach the moon of planet 4546B
    mkah13ncp8sl.png
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Could you perhaps share this "vertical connector stacking" technology with our space agencies?

Star Trek: Voyager called, they want their orbital tether technology back... :wink:

In all seriousness, that's pretty sweet to see!
    13wsmc73bi6h.jpg

when you cant find anything funny in this thread anymore SRSLY I CANT FIND ANYTHING :'(
    13wsmc73bi6h.jpg

when you cant find anything funny in this thread anymore SRSLY I CANT FIND ANYTHING :'(

I don't believe you, surely there's some funneh in here :worried: