Cyclops disappear when loading

Comments

• TheRealDeadlockTheRealDeadlock Southern tip of Africa Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222376Members
    edited September 2016
    Hi Guys,

I have the same issue. Played survival (in experimental mode), and after plenty of hours built the Cyclops. Saved my game and after a few days tried loading it only to realize that the Cyclops is missing. Most of my stuff was inside the Cyclops, including the Seamoth.

I tried the various fixes that helped others but no joy, Cyclops is still missing. I've zipped the saved game (Zipped: 330MB; UnZipped: 1,2GB) and will gladly upload it somewhere for the Devs if required?

EDIT:

If it helps, I noticed strange behavior when deleting older saved games from within the game. After deleting the old saved games, I loaded the latest save, returned to the main menu, clicked on Load Game and the deleted saves were back. Don't know if this triggered the bug? I only had one Seamoth, one Cyclops, and built both after finding their fragments. The only suit I had was the Radiation Suit, the rest of my equipment was the seaglider, torch flashlight, laser cutter, welder, knife, builder, compass, thermometer, fins, 4 oxygen tanks, and rebreather.

Link to saved game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byp_-r-R3TwmUGJycnZlWFlvZnc
  • TolemTolem Thailand Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219614Members
    When will this bug get fixed?
  • ylequereylequere Join Date: 2016-09-20 Member: 222447Members
    I play Subnautica with Xbox one. And it is wonderfull game. I already spent hours on it.
    I recently succeeded in getting all cyclops fragments and creating it. I saved the game. When I loaded it again, the cyclops was no more here. :(
    I can maybe (not yet tried) enter command in debug console in order to spawn it but I can not access to the Xbox folders to try the solution I found for PC game.
    Is there some trick or some idea for the cyclops to remain after loading on the Xbox one game please ?
  • crpowellcrpowell California Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222498Members
    Has anyone determined whether or not this problem still exists in the Dangerous Creatures update?

On my last playthrough, I had the same problem. I even did the workaround with deleting the save files and respawning the Cyclops, but it didn't help. Finally, I went to deeper water before respawning the Cyclops and it stuck. I don't know if that was coincidence or if it was a matter of luck.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    This issue is still being worked on. We're pretty sure we have correct reproduction steps now, but it's not an easy fix.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    This issue is still being worked on. We're pretty sure we have correct reproduction steps now, but it's not an easy fix.

What ARE the repro steps? So we can try to avoid? My last save before the most recent patch loaded without Cyclops, and... crap. My latest save, a fresh game start, just lost Cyclops on load.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    Hey everyone.

We think we now have a fix for this issue. It will be present in Subnautica Build 38363 and above on the Experimental Branch on Steam. If you could check it out when it arrives (a few hours after this post) that would be very helpful.

Thanks for your patience! If you want to know what it looked like trying to fix this issue, @Max gave this helpful picture:
    irnz278.jpg
  • TheRealDeadlockTheRealDeadlock Southern tip of Africa Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222376Members
    edited September 2016
    Hey everyone.

We think we now have a fix for this issue. It will be present in Subnautica Build 38363 and above on the Experimental Branch on Steam. If you could check it out when it arrives (a few hours after this post) that would be very helpful.

Thanks for your patience! If you want to know what it looked like trying to fix this issue, @Max gave this helpful picture:
    irnz278.jpg

Hi,

I loaded my saved game and the Cyclops is still missing. Checked my build number, and it is 38363 Sep-2016

EDIT:

I did spawn the Cyclops using the console, saved and closed the game, started it up again and loaded the saved game. The spawned Cyclops is still there.

Hey everyone.

irnz278.jpg

Hi,

I loaded my saved game and the Cyclops is still missing. Checked my build number, and it is 38363 Sep-2016

EDIT:

I did spawn the Cyclops using the console, saved and closed the game, started it up again and loaded the saved game. The spawned Cyclops is still there.

Ok that's good to know. Not sure we can save the lost vehicles, but it shouldnt happen anymore.
  • r3v3rendr3v3rend Join Date: 2016-09-23 Member: 222531Members
    Hey everyone.

irnz278.jpg

Yup, working now. Thank you!
  • BDelacroixBDelacroix Florida Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215511Members
    edited September 2016
    Just loaded my saved game (started new on normal yesterday - 23rd sep) and loading in experimental, cyclops has gone missing.
    Perhaps it "disappears" during the save even though the load game tag shows that I have a cyclops.
  • TalisseraTalissera Join Date: 2016-09-03 Member: 222023Members
    Hey everyone.

irnz278.jpg

Hi,

EDIT:

Ok that's good to know. Not sure we can save the lost vehicles, but it shouldnt happen anymore.

Hell yeah! It stops to disappear. My new legit Cyclops (from resourses) didn't gone after save and reboot.
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    How about we implement this fix into stable?
  • MrMarblzMrMarblz Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222635Members
    This has happened to me twice now. Extremely frustrating when I completely deck it out both times. I was very excited to explore new areas and discover new creatures. But without the cyclops it's too dangerous.

I don't want to switch to the experimental build, progress, and then not be able to switch back my current progress to the stable build.

However excited I am, looks like I will just have to wait till this a fix is implemented into the stable build :s
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    GREAT WORK, Devs! Thanks a lot! All working fine now!
  • ylequereylequere Join Date: 2016-09-20 Member: 222447Members
    Hello.
    What about a fix for Xbox one ?
    edited October 2016
    How about we implement this fix into stable?

Sure thing. It's coming in the next stable update. Because we need to make the next update....stable...first ;)
    ylequere wrote: »
    Hello.
    What about a fix for Xbox one ?

We just sent off the next patch for Xbox off for certification with Microsoft. So it's a case of wait & see if it passes.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Hey everyone.

irnz278.jpg

:headdesk: The experimental branch is crashing. Reverted to normal builds hoping they were past 38363. Nope. When does the weekly build come out?
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    *facedesk* It happened to me again. In build 38227. Ruined hours of playtime. I'm just done. Uninstalling until this is fixed.
    Dactylos wrote: »
    *facedesk* It happened to me again. In build 38227. Ruined hours of playtime. I'm just done. Uninstalling until this is fixed.

It will until we release the next patch. You can switch to experimental like I said above to get the fix now.
  • watemawatema france Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223319Members
    what the F.... my cyclop and seamoth diaspear after Saving game .... i equip my cyclop with some case and put a lot of thing on it .... and pfiu .... all diaspear ... uninstall this F....... game ....
  • ZipferZipfer Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223318Members
    edited October 2016
    I have checked this update. And it fix the problem.
    Also I would like to ask, why I be able to see into and through my rooms when I'm in the cyclop.
    Probably I didn't find the information but where I can find the release data for the stable version of the game?
    Thank you!
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    I wonder if where you are when a save is done makes a difference. I have 1 base, and generally save from inside it. I've noticed that if I do a save from the Seamoth or from the Cyclops, "bad things happen". So far I haven't lost a sub, but that does seem to trigger the ultra slo-mode for Cyclops and the Seamoth. Which gets fixed if I re-gen a new 'moth (and destroy the old one).
  • woky12woky12 Uk Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223214Members
    harrzack wrote: »
    I wonder if where you are when a save is done makes a difference. I have 1 base, and generally save from inside it. I've noticed that if I do a save from the Seamoth or from the Cyclops, "bad things happen". So far I haven't lost a sub, but that does seem to trigger the ultra slo-mode for Cyclops and the Seamoth. Which gets fixed if I re-gen a new 'moth (and destroy the old one).
    harrzack wrote: »

I saved from inside my main base looking at my cyclops and when i save (twice) and then exited when i reloaded the cyclops was gone :(
    For me help:
    Load game, create new cyclops via console, alt+tab game, delete saves, alt+tab back to the game save.
    Cyclops where I had him left.

I have another one question do "CompiledOctreesCache" (directory from saves) contain something necessary for the game. Weight of this folder was about 800MB before I delete it, but the new one only 100. Is that ok?
  • u0v0gu0v0g Russia Join Date: 2016-10-25 Member: 223359Members
    I've saved inside Cyclops with seamoth mounted. No Cyclops, no seamoth after load.
    I've installed experimental version and load the same save again - no result. Submarine disapeared but savegame have yellow labels of both Cyclops and seamoth.
    I find myself loosing interest to this game. Again :)
  • AzurefireflowerAzurefireflower Canada Join Date: 2016-10-24 Member: 223349Members
    edited October 2016
    Currently, the Cyclops is completely bugged for me. I cannot make or spawn the Cyclops without the game crashing, on a fresh save file. This is in the current experimental build of the game.

EDIT #1: Upon testing, this also happens with the Seamoth. Will test to see if it affects Prawn suit.

EDIT #2: Prawn suit, like the Cyclops and Seamoth both, currently crash the game when built using the vehicle bay. I have yet to test spawning of the Prawn suit and Seamoth.

u0v0g wrote: »
    I've saved inside Cyclops with seamoth mounted. No Cyclops, no seamoth after load.
    I've installed experimental version and load the same save again - no result. Submarine disapeared but savegame have yellow labels of both Cyclops and seamoth.
    I find myself loosing interest to this game. Again :)

You need to spawn a new cyclops after update and save the game.
    Or you can try case that I describe above your comment if you don't want use unstable version.
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    Just wanna know if this bug is fixed right now in the newest version of stable?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    No, should be fixed in next stable update. The rough estimate on Trello is tomorrow, but the page says it is just their plan, nothing is set.