Creature Suggestion Thread! (Add Yours!)

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    (Variant)Frost Peeper-A frosty version of the peeper
    Frost Boomerang-A frosty version of the Boomerang
    Frost vine-A vine that hangs on the walls of the arctic caves (see my discussion!)
    Ice Crawler-A creature that crawls along icy surfaces sucking up microbes as it goes along

Frost Vine as in a icecicles

And also was thinking having a few glaciers
    Ice bergs and add weather for the planet
    No, not icicles,
    Glaciers yes,
    In another thread, not here

(Land Creature-Possible New list?) Yeti-A creature that lives on an "Arctic Island". It lives inside caves and is bi-pedal and covered by white fur.

Maybe also have a degasdi survivor trap in ice?

Yeah, sure! But i think that might be too violent/scary for game.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited November 2016
    Ghost Whale (Bake Kujira)
    Giant, transparent whale like creatures that swim above the Grand Reef. Passive, and their "Eyes" act like spotlights, illuminating a wide area around them and things they look at. Harmless, but take care as a single swipe from their powerful tails can heavily damage a Seamoth.

Gypsy Iguana
    Friendly, Stalker-sized, 6-legged amphibious reptiles that live in the Safe Shallows and on the shores of the Mountain Island. Swift and elegant in the water, but accurate and floppy on land like a seal. Their favorite food is Peepers, and can often be seen carrying one in their arms. They sometimes float on their backs like otters, and can do flips and barrel rolls underwater.

Vine Turtle
    Large, armored sea turtle creature with two flipper arms, and 6 short tentacles coming out of the back of its shell. Will recede into its shell when attacked. Lives in the Kelp Forest, feeding on Creepvine. Is often attacked by Stalkers, and as such is commonly seen with Stalker Teeth embedded in their shells, offering a safer method of obtaining Enameled Glass.

Crimson Naga
    Large, beautiful red oarfish like creatures that live in the Mushroom Forests, twisting elegantly around the Mushroom trees. Harmless, but their excessive length can become an obstacle.

Abyssal Hunter
    Hostile, deep sea Dunleosteus mermaid like creatures. Dwell in the Grand Reef, Blood Kelp, Lost River, and Twisty Bridges biomes. Their powerful jaws can crush steel, and their strong arms and tails allow them to swim at speeds exceeding that of any vehicle. They are covered in armor and are impervious to any physical attack. They are vulnerable to light, a simple flashlight being able to blind and stun them temporarily. Dropping a flare will cause them to flee and avoid the area.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Maybe A Xenomorph? This Is Probably A Stupid Idea.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members

NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE!! NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE NOPE!!!
  • JBmysterygamer3JBmysterygamer3 Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224006Members

Be good idea if it was horror game :P

I WILL SCREAM!

I WILL SCREAM!

I would as well strangely i can see it *adds it to floating island New PDA* it's been a few days all by myself and I'm seeing and hearing things *creature screaming*...........
    But anywho back to other creature ideas :)
  • MisterSpiggyMisterSpiggy Join Date: 2016-11-29 Member: 224343Members
    How about instead of more and scarier creatures, just a different mode with scarier, darker and grimier skins for the available predators?
    edited November 2016
    How about bat like creatures in the island caves and at night animation of groups of bats flying in the sky *like those groups of fish you See underwater*
  • danny2334danny2334 Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223796Members
    edited November 2016
    well I had one idea instead of having the easy to escape leviathans and crabsquid in the void how about a giant sea monster that like pulls your sub down also you if you wing it with a seaglide it pulls you down but it will kill players who try to leave. @obraxis ok or nah?
    edited November 2016
    danny2334 wrote: »
    well I had one idea instead of having the easy to escape leviathans and crabsquid in the void how about a giant sea monster that like pulls your sub down also you if you wing it with a seaglide it pulls you down but it will kill players who try to leave. @obraxis ok or nah?

Its bold, been suggested many times and hasn't caught on but sure, why not!
    Rock Hermit-A Hermit that uses outcrops as a protective shell. If you try to mine the outcrops it will lunge at you. The bigger Hermits use bigger outcrops. Food Source if you kill it.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    What about something like this?

• danny2334danny2334 Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223796Members
    @Nautical_Nick yeah I do know the ideas has been suggested a lot but I mean its better that having like infinet spawn points in the void causing lag its better to have a kraken 1 shoting creature that covers the entire void
    edited December 2016
    danny2334 wrote: »
    @Nautical_Nick yeah I do know the ideas has been suggested a lot but I mean its better that having like infinet spawn points in the void causing lag its better to have a kraken 1 shoting creature that covers the entire void

Again, its still been suggested, All Of It! Even I suggested it!
    What about something like this?

Shure! It looks cool!
  • miniozoidminiozoid Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224469Members
    a big fish that when it eats you, you go to its stomach and when your in there you can build a house there it should look like this http://www.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ftd-bloop.jpg
  • miniozoidminiozoid Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224469Members
    miniozoid wrote: »
    a big fish that when it eats you, you go to its stomach and when your in there you can build a house there it should look like this http://www.wideopenspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ftd-bloop.jpg

• DeadCore5465DeadCore5465 USA Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224508Members
    Ghost Something (Don't have a name yet, it just has to say Ghost before the name)- Does anyone think it would be cool if there was a ghost entity, similar to the Ghost Rays, that looked like the huge skeleton found in the lost river? It would be passive, and be kinda see through.
  • slasher222slasher222 Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224512Members
    An annoying small creature that follows you everywhere in a certain range(large) of a resource as it is signaling the presence of it, and if you get the material it goes away
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

All aliens are technically xenomorphs.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Oh. But I'm Talking About The Xenomorph From The Alien Series. Including Alien Isolation.
    Oh. But I'm Talking About The Xenomorph From The Alien Series. Including Alien Isolation.

*Pulls out machine gun* *kills everything in sight while screaming* (I HATE ALIEN!!!)
    *Has A Forcefield* Seriously? I Have My Own Pet Xenomorph That Has Some Sort Of Defect. It Has 3 Internal Mouths Instead Of 1. Honestly Its Stronger And Fearless.
    *Has A Forcefield* Seriously? I Have My Own Pet Xenomorph That Has Some Sort Of Defect. It Has 3 Internal Mouths Instead Of 1. Honestly Its Stronger And Fearless.
    Let's go back to suggestions instead of Xenomorphs from the darkest, bloodiest reaches of Hell.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    edited December 2016
    A sot of land squid that lives on the islands. Looks like a rino but instead of horn it has a tentacle. Harmless, but if shot at, will charge. Eats lantern fruit. Looks sort of like this.http://img14.deviantart.net/b5ee/i/2012/079/5/2/land_krakin_by_v4m2c4-d4te2dt.jpg

#savetherockpuncher
    edited December 2016

Giant, transparent whale like creatures that swim above the Grand Reef. Passive, and their "Eyes" act like spotlights, illuminating a wide area around them and things they look at. Harmless, but take care as a single swipe from their powerful tails can heavily damage a Seamoth.

Gypsy Iguana
    Friendly, Stalker-sized, 6-legged amphibious reptiles that live in the Safe Shallows and on the shores of the Mountain Island. Swift and elegant in the water, but accurate and floppy on land like a seal. Their favorite food is Peepers, and can often be seen carrying one in their arms. They sometimes float on their backs like otters, and can do flips and barrel rolls underwater.

Vine Turtle
    Large, armored sea turtle creature with two flipper arms, and 6 short tentacles coming out of the back of its shell. Will recede into its shell when attacked. Lives in the Kelp Forest, feeding on Creepvine. Is often attacked by Stalkers, and as such is commonly seen with Stalker Teeth embedded in their shells, offering a safer method of obtaining Enameled Glass.

Crimson Naga
    Large, beautiful red oarfish like creatures that live in the Mushroom Forests, twisting elegantly around the Mushroom trees. Harmless, but their excessive length can become an obstacle.

Abyssal Hunter
    Hostile, deep sea Dunleosteus mermaid like creatures. Dwell in the Grand Reef, Blood Kelp, Lost River, and Twisty Bridges biomes. Their powerful jaws can crush steel, and their strong arms and tails allow them to swim at speeds exceeding that of any vehicle. They are covered in armor and are impervious to any physical attack. They are vulnerable to light, a simple flashlight being able to blind and stun them temporarily. Dropping a flare will cause them to flee and avoid the area.

Gypsy Iguana

Vine Turtle

Crimson Naga

Abyssal Hunter
    Xenomorph bad, iguana good
    edited December 2016
    A small flying bird that you can hold and put in special fish tanks, also sky rays should be hostile. Called a zipbrid or skyfly
  • Sample_TextSample_Text Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224913Members
    a creature that hides on your body like a parasite but doesnt do damage, exceptit keeps clinging on and if you go in your base or ship or whatever it lets loose and starts eating your hull and to remove them you have to shine you flashlight on them or expose them to bright light
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I just randomly found this on the Steam forums:

anddxhz.jpg

That's about as cute as it could get!
    I just randomly found this on the Steam forums:

anddxhz.jpg

That's about as cute as it could get!

That's cool a fish that goes on land, keep on the good work!!!