When the next update?

Comments

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Gah! It appears to have been put back to April 12th :'(

Which means we probably won't see it till the 13th, Thursday.
    B)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Which means we probably won't see it till the 13th, Thursday.
    B)

Yeah! Let's beat them up!! :D
  • prototype464prototype464 North Carolina, United States Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228993Members
    garath wrote: »
    I recall hearing the "Cyclops Health" update will be released this April, I don't have a way to prove it though.

Nooo! I don't want that update! The last time I was piloting the Cyclops, I umm, well, I sorta hit something. Honestly, he hit me! It wasn't my fault! Who knew the Floating Island was such an aggressive driver!!

Good luck with the Sea Dragon Leviathan ;)
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

That's a good thing! That means they are trying to squeeze as much new content into the next "stable" release before they spend a week or so cleaning up any lingering bugs.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members

One day after my birthday. MOVE IT UP ONE DAY FOR GODS SAKE DEVS
    So... Perhaps sometime this week...?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

B)
    edited April 2017
    Short list of problems that we hope are resolved before the next stable release:

1. PDA doesn't work. --> FIXED already as of 17-April.
    2. Skittle graphics --> Appears to be fixed as of 17-April
    3. Moon Pool doesn't work. --> Appears to be fixed as of 17-April
    4. Hands stuck in position holding Sea Glide --> Appears to be fixed as of 17-April

I'm not holding my breath for a stable release this week.

Edit: I think the developers were holding out on us. Sunday, there were 4 big bugs. Monday, they are all gone. Wow!
    Short list of problems that we hope are resolved before the next stable release:

1. PDA doesn't work.
    2. Skittle graphics
    3. Moon Pool doesn't work.
    4. Hands stuck in position holding Sea Glide

I'm not holding my breath for a stable release this week.

Pfftt...

They can fix all that in an hour, They are THAT good....

j/k
    :*
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    9ffh8xp0nzz3.png

Next few weeks
    WHAT?
  • fatihsofatihso Turkey Join Date: 2017-03-24 Member: 229164Members
    I am just getting a huge 2.5 GB update, I wonder why is it that big.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    fatihso wrote: »
    I am just getting a huge 2.5 GB update, I wonder why is it that big.

You on PC - Stable?
    Today at 6:57 CST, I posted and said there were 4 HUGE bugs. But by 10pm CST, they have all been fixed. WOW!
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    ChrisFo wrote: »
    9ffh8xp0nzz3.png

Next few weeks
    WHAT?

Well, the Trello still states April 20... but that of course is subject to change. I'm hoping the 'in a few weeks' refers to the 3D compass implementation and not the actual SR update. :neutral:

I've been exploring the deep areas with the Cyclops for the first time ever since starting Subnautica, trying to get a feel for the next update. As slow and clumsy as it currently is with the infinite damage immunity, it's kind of disappointing to just smash and grind the terrain with no consequences or repair interactions. Plus those Lava Larva are really annoying, get your Energy Slurpees from someone else! :angry:
    Today at 6:57 CST, I posted and said there were 4 HUGE bugs. But by 10pm CST, they have all been fixed. WOW!

Told ya so... :p
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Told ya so... :p

ROFLMAO! Yes, you did. :-)

• CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Now the roadmap says the 26th. :)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members

Yeah, 2018 at this rate. :/:D
  • radarscaderadarscade illinois Join Date: 2017-04-18 Member: 229727Members
    dame i really want all the new stuff

Well, they wrote "~26" which means 'up to and including the 26th', so we could see the update any day before then! ...With that said, the update will come out on May 12th (my birthday! :cookie:) so even if it's delayed again I still win! :smile:
    radarscade wrote: »

I know the feeling, man. I just started exploring the ALZ and the Alien Thermal Plant last night, and I really want to explore the zone with the new strategic Cyclops, but I guess I'll just put off playing Subnautica for a couple weeks. I could switch to Experimental yeah, but I'd rather take stabile gameplay at the expense of waiting patiently. :smile:

On a side note, is it possible to placate/remove/kill/delete/corrupt the Sea Dragon Leviathan? Don't get me wrong... I like his design and all, but his echoing roar going off every five seconds is incredibly annoying, especially when playing with headphones. I'd give anything to delete or replace his roar with something less headache-inducing, even the Cutefish chirp (and I despise the Cuttlefish, so
    that shows how badly I want to silence the Sea Dragon lol...) :open_mouth:
    this is true but...... come on developers please release it
    edited April 2017
    Tarkannen wrote: »

Well, they wrote "~26" which means 'up to and including the 26th', so we could see the update any day before then! ...With that said, the update will come out on May 12th (my birthday! :cookie:) so even if it's delayed again I still win! :smile:

I know the feeling, man. I just started exploring the ALZ and the Alien Thermal Plant last night, and I really want to explore the zone with the new strategic Cyclops, but I guess I'll just put off playing Subnautica for a couple weeks. I could switch to Experimental yeah, but I'd rather take stabile gameplay at the expense of waiting patiently. :smile:

On a side note, is it possible to placate/remove/kill/delete/corrupt the Sea Dragon Leviathan? Don't get me wrong... I like his design and all, but his echoing roar going off every five seconds is incredibly annoying, especially when playing with headphones. I'd give anything to delete or replace his roar with something less headache-inducing, even the Cutefish chirp (and I despise the Cuttlefish, so
    that shows how badly I want to silence the Sea Dragon lol...) :open_mouth:

why??? just why???????????/
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    g5esqo7pmeex.jpg do this please

I wouldn't hold your breath as this was an unsuccessful design, they couldn't resolve the transition from the orb-bridge flowing into the body.

Source
    edited April 2017
    well i can hope and dream you cant stop meh

mhhahahhahahhahay wait why you ruin my dreams tho
    why??? just why???????????/

I'm not sure if you're expressing disbelief about my wanting to silence/modify the Sea Dragon or the fact that I don't like the "Cutefish", so I'll address them both.

The SDL is a very cool creature with a great design, I'm not knocking its visual appeal. It's the fact that its roar seems to reverberate, either by design or due to the ALZ area (maybe all sounds echo there?). Combine that with the fact it roars every five to ten seconds with all of the other creature sounds (Warpers, Lava Larva and Lava Lizards) and that I play SN with headphones, it gives me a headache after about 10 minutes of a cacophony of noise. However, it's not just the SDL causing issues: I once abandoned a base I was building in the Crash Zone, as a distant Reaper Leviathan constantly roaring every 10 seconds got on my last nerves. Also, I won't build a base near a heat vent (thermal spouts FTW) as the constant rumbling eruptions every 15 seconds also pisses me off... :sweat:

As for the um... Cutefish... I've stated in the past why I don't like it when @ChrisFo posted pics regarding its progress, and I almost started a flame war because of it. :mask: Honestly that's not my intention! Suffice to say I honestly just don't like the Cutefish. :frowning: I find it to be "ugly cute" like pug dogs or monkeys dressed in children's clothing. I would rather swap the .DATs and have the Crashfish follow me around, and return the Cutefish as the original Crashfish. IT'S NOT BECAUSE I want to see the Cutefish blow up, but that was the developer's original intentions after all. :cold_sweat:

Please don't hate me for my opinion! If you Disagree then that is perfectly fine! :sweat_smile: I just don't like the Cutefish, and that's all I am saying on the matter... :bawling:
    CaptainRon wrote: »
    g5esqo7pmeex.jpg do this please

I wouldn't hold your breath as this was an unsuccessful design, they couldn't resolve the transition from the orb-bridge flowing into the body.

Source

Ah-haha! Underwater puns! :D
  • ChrisFoChrisFo Germany/Saxony Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214728Members
    No problem about the Cutefish, Tarkannen :smiley:
    I had read many other comments from people, who also hate the Cutefish. Some people love it and some people hate this creature. Totaly normal :)
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    well i can hope and dream you cant stop meh

mhhahahhahahhahay wait why you ruin my dreams tho

Cuz this is my dream sub, lol. :blush:
    also how to i get into experimental mode