Comments

• sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    Question when the next update?
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited November 2016
    I think it's planned for next week.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited November 2016
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Aiming for this week but due to bugs and performance it won't likely be until next week.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Early Xmas Present then.
    B)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    It appears we'll have to wait another week, unless what is left to fix will miraculously be super-easy.

Quoting Cory Strader on discord: "Doesn't look like it will be this week. Friday's are a bad time to update, because it's not good if there's a big problem with it over the weekend. Monday's aren't a great day to update, either."
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    It's not to bad waiting for that update. It's more important to know, that this delay will make it the last update before Xmas and the next update will have to be shifted to 2017.

So I'd rather like this update to have a solid gameplay and wait 2 more weeks than getting it rushed and a fix long after Xmas.
    I just want a date,that all.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    They don't have dates - making games is much harder than you think and there are whole fields of uncertainty when implementing new features or fixing bugs. Search the thread before you comment, @sabin77 , they've said this before.
    edited December 2016
    sabin77 wrote: »
    I there aren't any set dates for these updates, they're just released once their ready.
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    edited December 2016
    Updates come when updates come, I'm fine with that. A little discouraging when an entire month passes by without one, and there's no word from the devs about it. I can wait, no big. In general the updates have gotten smaller and further apart these past few months, and to top that off Experimental mode still has a ton of great stuff for months that they've kept out of the stable updates for whatever reasons. I guess I'm just getting anxious. I like to skip to stable because I want to be able to exit my game knowing that I will be able to play it later without my cyclops or my habitat suddenly vanishing forever, but it takes forever to get access to any of the new content. I could understand if I had to wait a month or so for the next stable update to get the stuff, but like I've said that isn't the case. They keep stuff out of stable for months.

I wanted to gauge what it takes in survival just to reach each of the precursor bases, but they kept them in experimental so for me to check that I have to do it basically in one sitting which seems weak. How can I judge what this game is going to be like as a finished product if they are locking the content from me?

Precursor Gun was cut from the last update. I'd feel let down if it gets cut again.
    edited December 2016
    Herugrim wrote: »
    Updates come when updates come, I'm fine with that. A little discouraging when an entire month passes by without one, and there's no word from the devs about it. I can wait, no big. In general the updates have gotten smaller and further apart these past few months, and to top that off Experimental mode still has a ton of great stuff for months that they've kept out of the stable updates for whatever reasons. I guess I'm just getting anxious. I like to skip to stable because I want to be able to exit my game knowing that I will be able to play it later without my cyclops or my habitat suddenly vanishing forever, but it takes forever to get access to any of the new content. I could understand if I had to wait a month or so for the next stable update to get the stuff, but like I've said that isn't the case. They keep stuff out of stable for months.

I wanted to gauge what it takes in survival just to reach each of the precursor bases, but they kept them in experimental so for me to check that I have to do it basically in one sitting which seems weak. How can I judge what this game is going to be like as a finished product if they are locking the content from me?

Precursor Gun was cut from the last update. I'd feel let down if it gets cut again.

The only things I've seen them keep in experimental are the Precursor Bases.

And didn't they fix the disappearing Cyclops bug last update, or is that still a bug that happens?
    You can always move your save folders to a backup location, (\Documents\Subnautica Stable\?) then switch to experimental, then move those save folders back (\Documents\Subnautica Experimental\?) and work like that. Best of both worlds?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

The rest of us can wait, why can't you?
    edited December 2016
    I just want a date, thats all.

I'm available...,

But I want dinner, dancing and no 'Dutch Treat'.

Also, if after our first date ya decide ya want out, just say so, I don't do "slow fade".

B)
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    But when the next update?
    But when the next update?

When it gets here...
    B)
    Herugrim wrote: »

Making games takes way longer than you may think, just because you see the bare bones and skeletons of the Precursor Bases (excluding the near-completed GUN) does not mean they are even close to being finished. In addition, bugs and technical difficulties are added into the game unintentionally when some new things are added. They had to fix a major performance issue for the GUN, make its animation, make a model for the Sunbeam, make animations and sounds for the terminal, make ambient base music, make the inside of the Precursor Base DRY despite being beneath the water surface and containing a moon pool (no small achievement) which still has its own issues, along with voice acting and blah blah blah I could go on. Get it? If so, quit your whining, if not, then suit yourself. This is early access, things don't happen overnight. Updates have gotten smaller because most or all of the team are also working on the huge Precursor bases and they've recently released the huge PRAWN update.
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    I know i shouldnt get to excited but I cant wait for the update. I hope it will fix my crashing issues. I want to play the game sooo badly.
    El_Hadschi wrote: »
    I know i shouldnt get to excited but I cant wait for the update. I hope it will fix my crashing issues. I want to play the game sooo badly.

See my sig, clear your cache, that should keep you running until they do fix it.
  • ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    edited December 2016
    1ckfefas77x3.jpg

Edit, oh, didn't realize the previous Incredibles thing was a YouTube clip. My phone was just showing it as a static image for some reason.
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    edited December 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

See my sig, clear your cache, that should keep you running until they do fix it.

Done that already didnt help. But I will try a second time.
    The thing is I don't even have a base. I'm like 4 minutes into the game and then it crashes. Can't even gather some basics.
    So i don't think the cache is a problem.

But thank you for helping!
  • PabloSLPabloSL Argentina Join Date: 2016-11-23 Member: 224162Members
    We should get some further optimization on this update right?
    El_Hadschi wrote: »
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Done that already didnt help. But I will try a second time.
    The thing is I don't even have a base. I'm like 4 minutes into the game and then it crashes. Can't even gather some basics.
    So i don't think the cache is a problem.

But thank you for helping!

Are you on experimental? If not, you might try switching to experimental until the next stable build rolls out, that might help.
    edited December 2016
    DaveyNY wrote: »

I'm available...,

Also, if after our first date ya decide ya want out, just say so, I don't do "slow fade".

B)

are you a gay man, question mark
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    When the next update?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    When the next update?

ITS SPREADING
    edited December 2016

I'm available...,

B)

I've been known to be lighthearted and carefree on occasion, period

B)

I'm available...,

B)

B)

ok that sound lovely. :blush:

I'm a man by the way.

I'm available...,

B)

B)

ok that sound lovely. :blush:

I'm a man by the way.

Man or woman no judging :tongue: