The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
    I think the voise was sea emperor talking
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    @drbrianz
    Naah, That was just a developer message. The same thing is written on trello. Besides, The sea emperor is actually a sea empress if i recall correctly.
  • ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    @TheLordEternal
    I see where you're going with that... But could not the male of the species ingest, incubate, or otherwise have custody of the eggs post-fertilization?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Coranth wrote: »

Hmm, I'm surprised the focus lies so much on the moon pool (without mention of the vehicle mod station) when there's also a power cell charger to consider. It's already of limited use.

I find that post rather helpful. I still like Subnautica, but I have not touched it for two months really for different reasons. I really used to dive in and just explore, see what is new, until I reached the current end.
    However it was slowly turning a bit stale, whenever I start new, stuff is getting harder to find (like the Moonpool and the modstation) and the result is not me taking more time for each biome, but me trying to rush the milestones ever faster to reach the new depths. Then I am hitting the next milestone and a wall.

What I am getting at, I used to just park my Seamoth somewhere in the Kelp Forest and sit there. Or explore the jellyshroom caves to the fullest. Now when I want to do this, I have to worry about my hunger and thirst (why can we still not craft nutrient blocks?), I need to have access to the seamoth upgrade console since I can't go deep.

Then again, while the safe shallows (especially), the kelp forest and grassy plateaus have a huge amount of things to explore and use, the other biomes are just very empty and untempting to explore.

That said, Subnautica did a lot to ease up the difficulties with the farming and the battery recharge, so you do not need to completely turn your shallows into a Wasteland.

Oh, I agree on this, if not for me personally then for the sake of accessibility. A way to craft nutrient blocks would be great. Right now, the collector in me refuses to ever use them because they are a (noticeably) limited resource. I'd be fine actually eating them if I could make them myself somewhere down the line. I'm mostly okay with the biomes, but I do hope for a few more items down the line which fragments can be used as floor goodies rather than wreck goodies.

What I meant more was; the post and Trello only make mention of the moon pool, not the vehicle mod station. IThat confused me as to why the moon pool specifically was eased up on. Do people have an easy time finding the vehicle mod station, but not an easy time finding the moon pool? Or is it that by making the moon pool easier to find the bottleneck becomes limited to the vehicle mod station?

The only "complaint" I'd have about making the moon pool easier is that, like I said, the power cell charger barely has any use compared to the battery charger. The sooner the moon pool can be acquired, the sooner the medium class vehicles stop being power cell charger customers. And besides them, only the Cyclops is power cell dependent. Some more uses for power cells post-V1.0 would be nice.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited November 2016
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Coranth wrote: »

Hmm, I'm surprised the focus lies so much on the moon pool (without mention of the vehicle mod station) when there's also a power cell charger to consider. It's already of limited use.

I find that post rather helpful. I still like Subnautica, but I have not touched it for two months really for different reasons. I really used to dive in and just explore, see what is new, until I reached the current end.
    However it was slowly turning a bit stale, whenever I start new, stuff is getting harder to find (like the Moonpool and the modstation) and the result is not me taking more time for each biome, but me trying to rush the milestones ever faster to reach the new depths. Then I am hitting the next milestone and a wall.

What I am getting at, I used to just park my Seamoth somewhere in the Kelp Forest and sit there. Or explore the jellyshroom caves to the fullest. Now when I want to do this, I have to worry about my hunger and thirst (why can we still not craft nutrient blocks?), I need to have access to the seamoth upgrade console since I can't go deep.

Then again, while the safe shallows (especially), the kelp forest and grassy plateaus have a huge amount of things to explore and use, the other biomes are just very empty and untempting to explore.

That said, Subnautica did a lot to ease up the difficulties with the farming and the battery recharge, so you do not need to completely turn your shallows into a Wasteland.

Oh, I agree on this, if not for me personally then for the sake of accessibility. A way to craft nutrient blocks would be great. Right now, the collector in me refuses to ever use them because they are a (noticeably) limited resource. I'd be fine actually eating them if I could make them myself somewhere down the line. I'm mostly okay with the biomes, but I do hope for a few more items down the line which fragments can be used as floor goodies rather than wreck goodies.

What I meant more was; the post and Trello only make mention of the moon pool, not the vehicle mod station. IThat confused me as to why the moon pool specifically was eased up on. Do people have an easy time finding the vehicle mod station, but not an easy time finding the moon pool? Or is it that by making the moon pool easier to find the bottleneck becomes limited to the vehicle mod station?

The only "complaint" I'd have about making the moon pool easier is that, like I said, the power cell charger barely has any use compared to the battery charger. The sooner the moon pool can be acquired, the sooner the medium class vehicles stop being power cell charger customers. And besides them, only the Cyclops is power cell dependent. Some more uses for power cells post-V1.0 would be nice.

Each and every wreck I visited in the Kelp Forests had at least one to three fragments for one or both of the vehcile related items (Modification and Mobile Bay) - so I think that might be why they're not being mentioned, they're already (relatively speaking) easy to find.

I still use the Power Cell charger even with the Moonpool present since the Moonpool charging is one heck of a power hogger. Intentional or not, that makes it more base-friendly for a user without Thermal or Nuclear to just use the Power Cell charger. Once I have both the Seamoth and the exosuit - or even multiple seamoths - that'd mean I'd need multiple Moonpools, all of which putting a tremendous strain on my power, to charge each of the vehicles in need of charging. Plus power cell chargers are less expensive and take up less room :)

So they've still got a use for me even with the Moonpool, and when they both work at once it's even more efficient.
    Rezca wrote: »
    Each and every wreck I visited in the Kelp Forests had at least one to three fragments for one or both of the vehicle related items (Modification and Mobile Bay) - so I think that might be why they're not being mentioned, they're already (relatively speaking) easy to find.

I still use the Power Cell charger even with the Moonpool present since the Moonpool charging is one heck of a power hogger. Intentional or not, that makes it more base-friendly for a user without Thermal or Nuclear to just use the Power Cell charger. Once I have both the Seamoth and the exosuit - or even multiple seamoths - that'd mean I'd need multiple Moonpools, all of which putting a tremendous strain on my power, to charge each of the vehicles in need of charging. Plus power cell chargers are less expensive and take up less room :)

So they've still got a use for me even with the Moonpool, and when they both work at once it's even more efficient.

Really? I can never find the KF wrecks (despite my default base being built only a few 100 meters to the south) so I get my stuff from other wrecks. By the time I do find them, they are completely empty except for that stalker that weirdly spawns inside one.

(Yes, this includes me finding it easier to look for vehicle mod station fragments in the Dunes than in the Kelp Forest...)

Glad to hear the power cell charger has a bigger role in the play styles of others. :) Still would like some more reason to use it myself, like a bay that actually uses energy or a revival of the power generator concept to give some literal breathing room when building a new base. Maybe even as separate energy regulation for teleporters (if they use conventional energy) so a base does not have to be build to directly accommodate teleporter usage.
  • Flying_FoxFlying_Fox Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223412Members
    Glad to hear the power cell charger has a bigger role in the play styles of others. :) Still would like some more reason to use it myself, like a bay that actually uses energy or a revival of the power generator concept to give some literal breathing room when building a new base. Maybe even as separate energy regulation for teleporters (if they use conventional energy) so a base does not have to be build to directly accommodate teleporter usage.

I use ther powercell charger in the Cyclops, with the energy mod installed. Infinite energy that way.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Flying_Fox wrote: »

I use ther powercell charger in the Cyclops, with the energy mod installed. Infinite energy that way.

What will you do when they patch that out?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Probably use whatever the devs add to the upgrade console to replace it, probably surface-charging solar or thermal? (I'm assuming that's why it hasn't been patched yet).
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Probably use whatever the devs add to the upgrade console to replace it, probably surface-charging solar or thermal? (I'm assuming that's why it hasn't been patched yet).

I doubt they have anything in mind. The Cyclops is the only reason to build a power cell charger at all, besides maybe spares. It will force people to build deeper habitats late game.
  • drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
  • WarzouzWarzouz Join Date: 2016-11-05 Member: 223674Members
    But the Lab Trash can can't be use as a trash. Hop they will fix it for coherence.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Warzouz wrote: »
    But the Lab Trash can can't be use as a trash. Hop they will fix it for coherence.

I was thinking that the lab trash can should be used to get rid of depleted nuclear rods, instead of dropping by my base. I wonder how that would affect the environment?
    Maybe get blueprints for an upgrade to the reactor - a breeder reactor to recycle spent fuel rods. (Yes, those actually exist.)
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I read this in the update notes and was curious to see how a new game would be.

https://trello.com/c/Qf1EAbUP/5987-fragment-and-loot-pass

Worst game ever for silver. I'm several hours in and have only found 2 silver. I've made a builder but am stuck to the lifepod because I need more silver to make a fabricator. Meanwhile I have the seamoth (and cyclops blueprint) and am drowning in gold (of course) and have plenty of everything else, but can't build a lot of the basics for lack of silver.

Yes I know where it should be. Been playing the game for a very long time. Found 1 in the safe shallows lava geyser tunnel and 1 in red grass biome (where normally I'd find plenty).

Also finding some odd fragment distributions. Not many outside of wrecks and in some wrecks a crazy amount of them just all piled on top of each other.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Kelp forest caves. Sandstone nodes are everywhere in there. The ratio seems to be about 1:1 silver to gold for the update or at least thats what my luck has factored out to.
    Halios wrote: »
    I read this in the update notes and was curious to see how a new game would be.

https://trello.com/c/Qf1EAbUP/5987-fragment-and-loot-pass

Worst game ever for silver. I'm several hours in and have only found 2 silver. I've made a builder but am stuck to the lifepod because I need more silver to make a fabricator. Meanwhile I have the seamoth (and cyclops blueprint) and am drowning in gold (of course) and have plenty of everything else, but can't build a lot of the basics for lack of silver.

Yes I know where it should be. Been playing the game for a very long time. Found 1 in the safe shallows lava geyser tunnel and 1 in red grass biome (where normally I'd find plenty).

Also finding some odd fragment distributions. Not many outside of wrecks and in some wrecks a crazy amount of them just all piled on top of each other.

While I do not have as poor a silver find as you, I agree this is the worst silver/gold balance I ever had. Mine always was something like 70/30, as I've noted in another thread, while now it's the 50/50 announced it'd be. Apparently, this is an upgrade to most players? It's certainly not to me, in any case.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    Kelp forest caves. Sandstone nodes are everywhere in there. The ratio seems to be about 1:1 silver to gold for the update or at least thats what my luck has factored out to.

I've found plenty of sandstone nodes but am getting bugger all silver from them. It's a gold bonanza.
    While I do not have as poor a silver find as you, I agree this is the worst silver/gold balance I ever had. Mine always was something like 70/30, as I've noted in another thread, while now it's the 50/50 announced it'd be. Apparently, this is an upgrade to most players? It's certainly not to me, in any case.

And worse now because more things require silver, like the fabricator requiring 3 where before it needed none.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    edited December 2016
    Halios wrote: »
    Ralij wrote: »

I've found plenty of sandstone nodes but am getting bugger all silver from them. It's a gold bonanza.

And worse now because more things require silver, like the fabricator requiring 3 where before it needed none.
    I think what players asked for was a 50/50 chance in other nodes with gold to give a silver instead of gold and not increasing the chance of gold in sandstone. As it is, they made gold more common than silver as you not only get more gold from sandstone, but also in addition to secondary resources.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Imma just leave this here...
    image.jpg
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    image.jpg

bft7z8z9xote.gif

WHAT IS THAT!
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    image.jpg

How big is that thing?
    edited December 2016
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016
    image.jpg

It's a "Freddy Krueger" Piranha!!!