276 Update for Server Ops

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited October 2015 in Server Discussion
Hi server Ops!

We're pretty confident that the new patch 276 will be released mid-week next week. It includes a number of optimizations which should encourage new and returning players to give NS2 another shot.

In fact, we've put the latest Release candidate of 276 on the Retail NS2 version, under the 'beta' tab on steam (Windows only for now, Linux builds will go in soon). Try it, and give us some feedback!

I'll email out the night before release with a changelog. Thanks for running your NS2 servers!

-Obraxis

Edit: NS2+ will not be compatible until release day FYI
Double Edit: Shine is currently sometimes crashing on voting - we will be updating the 276 beta with a fix for this ASAP.

Comments

• BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    edited October 2015
    Well, here I am checking out the release candidate. Nice loading time. A minute later first call of the FET vote crashes the server. The exact time was when it was supposed to execute the successful vote.
    There was just me on the server at the time.

You mentioned NS2+ won't work so I left only shine active? No idea if that matters.

Since I'm scratching my head abit as to what kind of feedback you're after considering it will have no effect on the RC, I'm posting here just in case.

MEMDUMP

Log snip:
    Client connected (94.221.148.61)
    [09:48:52]Client Authed. Steam ID: 1136606
    Hector connected.
    [09:49:45]Started Vote: VotingForceEvenTeams
    [09:49:50]Vote Complete: VotingForceEvenTeams. Successful? Yes
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We've just pushed an update to the BETA branch on steam. This includes an update which should fix the issues with shine, and also a luajit fix to help the stability of servers.